• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Muffins

W

woody

These work awesome as a snack to take on the go.

#1 Blueberry Muffins
1.5 cups Oats. (Blend untill a floury texture.)
add 3 scoops protein powder (Vanilla works best, blend untill mixed well)

From here you can play around with how you mix in the next ingredients... you'll probably have to stir them unless you have a powerful food processor or blender.

1.5 cups Fat Free Cottage Cheese
3 Eggs (Can replace with 6 egg whites if you want NO fat)
6 egg Whites (can replace with 3-4 extra eggs if you want some extra fat. And yes you are at 9 eggs total now)
Blend those ingredients till they are mixed well.
add about 1/2 cup Frozen (or fresh) blueberries. ( or more if you wish)
mix those in by hand... if you blend them you'll have a wierd blue muffin.

OK so you can pour those into muffin cups and bake them at about 175C for about 20 mins. Or if you don't have a muffin tin (like me) just pour them into a general baking dish with some calorie free cooking spray so it doesnt stick.

Those are awesome :) a 1/2 inch thick 2x2 inch square will have around 15 g protein about 1-2 grams of fat (depending on your egg/eggwhite balance) and about 6-12 g carbs.

#2 Bannana Nut Muffins
These are also Awesome.

Same thing as last time
1.5 cups Oats
3 scoops protein powder
3 eggs
6-8 egg whites
1.5 cups FF Cottage Cheese
1-1.5 Bannana's
Blend till a smooth mixture. Then add
1/4-1/3 cup chopped nuts for baking. Stir in by hand. (almonds are great. Peanuts work too)

#3 Peanut Butter
This one is for bulking. You are gonna end up with alot of good fats in this one and a little extra protein than the other ones.

pretty much same thing as last time
1.5 cups Oats
3 scoops protein powder
6-8 whole large eggs
1.5 cups FF Cottage Cheese
1/3 cup natural peanut butter

I still havn't perfected this one to have a really nice Peanut Buttery flavor. But it does add alot of calories. Something like 6-8 grams fat per serving and about 18g protein.
If you want to get a large amount of Peanut Butter taste and not quite as much fat, go back to 3 eggs and 6-8 egg whites instead and put in some extra peanut butter.

OK the GREAT thing about all of these recipe's is you can really controll how much of what nutrient is in your mixtures...
If you want more protein you can add an extra scoop of vanilla protein powder and maybe an extra egg white or 2 to make up for that
if you want more fats you can use whole eggs.
If you want more carbs.... well I guess add more bannana or Blueberry.... but god its not like you can't get good carbs from EVERYTHING else you eat when you are body building.

I love these recipe's. You can throw some Peanut Butter on top of alot of these for an especially decadent snack.
I like to eat these on break at work, or in between classes, or in the morning with a cup of coffee.
You can just make a whole bunch then keep them in the fridge and grab them whenever you want to throughout the week.