• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Workout without a gym

C

cowboy

Hi all , just came across this great site , some nice info floating around

I weigh about 50 kilo's and damn do I hate being skinny

I've been reading lots of info on different sites, including this one, and its been real helpful. My problem is that I don't have access to a gym. In the house there is a set of dumbells that weigh in at a "huge" 4kg. So I'm just wondering if theres some sort of excercises I could do without equipment until I can get to a gym , or some more equipment (not sure when that will be on both ).

or should I put of trying to gain weight?

Thanks for anyhelp.

it will be hard work your muscles with only 4kilo dumbells. i would do some pushups, situps, bodyweight squats, etc. until you can get to a gym. i also wouldn't eat a full bulking diet until you get to the gym

do some research on prison workouts , implement household objects

a pillow bag with rocks could be good for deadlifting, bent over rows, and maybe even squatting,
just have to switch shoulders every so often.

calfs: hold something heavy, stand right in front of the wall, with your head on the wall, and stand on one foot and do really slow calf raises. once you figure out a good way to balance it works well.

legs:
one leg bodyweight squats. stand, with one foot, on a bech, and do single leg pushups, with the other leg off the side of the bench. there's pics of this in tons of 'bodybuilding mags'. if you can't buy them go to the grocery adn look at some. but please don't read anything else in them...
you should be able to find heavy things to deadlift or squat. be creative. go to joedefrancotraining.com, i'm pretty sure there's a section on toughman training where they use random stuff. just be creative

stomach: you should be able to do situps, and hold somethign to make weighted situps

chest: depending on your strength, you may be able to do regular pushups. if you can get a ton, they're not worth doing. try getting two chairs, adn putting your feet on something even higher than the chairs, like the arm rest of a couch. put your hands on the chairs (w/o wheels on chiars, otherwise you're gonna face plant and get hurt). this will allow you to do really deep, angled pushups. these will be effective

shoulders. at your weight, a gallon of milk or water could serve well for front and side/lateral shoulder raises. it's prolly around 8 pounds, but with perfect form (assuming you're not too strong) they should fit you well.

another great shoulders one is upside-down wall pushups. you're gonna want to get in a handstand position facing the wall. your hands should be about a foot from the wall. now you just raise your body weight up and down against the wall. these are very effective.

head down to the local hardware store , grab 2 bags of sand (not sure what size they come in ) , get some duct tape and tape em up good so that they don't split

Many different exercises can be done with just a sandbag (or two): Deadlift, front squat, squat with sandbag on a shoulder, back squat, overhead squat, snatch, clean, clean and press, floor press, overhead press, shrugs, sandbag carries (excellent for HIIT cardio), sandbag throws for distance, farmer's walk (one in each hand or one under each arm), seated calf raise (with sandbag on knee), standing calf raise (sandbag on shoulder), bent-over row. Combine that with a pullup bar and you've got almost everything covered.

Sandbags store easy (just throw them in a corner in the garage) and don't take up much space.

Now, I'd definitely advocate getting a real set of weights, bench, and barbell, but if you are on a miniscule budget I don't see what wrong with sandbags

Unless she's a chick, in which case 50kg isn't too bad. Handy to have around to use for bench press warmups, not so good as a spotter.

Didn't read other responses so may have been mentioned.

Get the shopping bag (plastic or the material one), get your empty milk/drink bottles. Fill them up with water. Put in bag. Perform every dumbbell or kettlebell exercise you would normal do. Not heavy enough? Double up the bag, add more bottles.

That plus diamond push-ups and sprints is how I survived being poor in LA for a couple months.

You can start some easy and good exercise at home according to your need. Squat-Thrusts, Push Ups, Pull Ups, Backward Stride, Chair Dips, Jump Lunges ar5e good to start at home and don't need any equipment.

Try get a cheap chin up bar or find somewhere you can do them, chin-ups are great for your whole upper body. You can even put dumbells in between your thighs when you get better at them to add weight. For legs do lunges with the dumbells in hand. And do cardio and core (planks, sit-ups). Push ups are also good.