• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help! New to weights and want to bulk up - Newbie/Novice

A

aussiebloke

Hi,

I'm pretty new to using weights, im 18 years old almost 19 approx 175cm and weigh 70kg.

I used to only use barbells for a limited time. I have quiet strong leg muscles, calfs and quads thys from soccer. I also have had a six pack which comes and goes between soccer seasons training. But, i am really looking to bulk up my arms and pecks as i have fairly small and flat chest and arms. I really want to build these muscles up fast.

At home i have a bench press and dumbells and some weights but im struggling to even lifts very basic amounts. I dont really have much knowledge either in foods or supplements to take to bulk up. I have researched best exercises, like bench, inclined bench, flys, bench dumbells etc but im unsure of a suitable weight i should use and a how to make an appropriate plan to bulk up? I have quiet a busy lifestyle so i dont really know how regular i should work out.

I know basically you need lots of sleep and water but i dont really know what that constitutes for my age group or what someone my age should be lifting to start with or work towards? Im not so much concerned with strength more building muscle at this stage.. I find it strange cos i can always develop my abs from crunches and situps really easily but im totally unsure on my chest and arms...

I am really a begineer so if you have any information it woukld be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

weights to use , well their is no real set limit , whatever you can manage to lift , start off at a limit that you think that you can handle , not too heavy and not light , as long as you still manage to do the correct form , from their when you think your right up the weight to a bit higher again as long as you can still manage the correct form

how often you should work out , about every 2days should be fine , give your body a day to recover

forget about the supplements just yet , concentrate on getting your diet right
what's your diet like at the moment , what do your meals consist of

in the grand scheme of things , your age group means nothing , depends on your fitness level , their is so set formula saying at this age group you need to be lifting this weightage , everybody is different , start off with the babysteps and make your way up , it all takes time