• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Health Supplements ?

W

woody

Is it always necessary to use supplements when bodybuilding ?

I always had the impression that those things didnt work at all if you had a perfectly good diet. I am talking about all supplements (not just vitamin pills).

Anyway, I take a "once daily" multivitamin and eat "performance nutrition bars" but I dont feel any different, I cant notice any difference when I take them and when I dont.

Maybe its just all a sham ?

Dietry Supplements are only of benefit when your diet is inadequate.

That being said, the majority of people have inadequate diets.

Follow a diet that caters to your goals, and you'll be fine. Take the multivitamin, if only for placebo effect

Not necessary at all if you've got a perfectly decked out diet.

Multivitamins are always good as insurance. There's always something or other that could possibly be lacking.

As far as supplements (the major being whey) is useful for pre/post training nutrition due to fast absorption rates, bioavailability & cost/gram protein.

That being said, having a "protein shake" as a meal is not ideal - a chicken breast/tuna or other source of lean protein is better.

Nutrition bars,meh, don't waste your money on them.

General rule of thumb;

Protein Bars are a waste of money.

As for supplements, there are many great products out there. If you dont feel anything from taking a multi day in day out, then you may not be defficient in any vitamins/minerals in the multi. Everyone reacts differently. What works for you might not work for me, then again it might if I adjust the dosage.