• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

critique my split

W

woody

i suspect that there are many others out there in the same position as me and that is that i workout at home so only have dumbells a barbell and a bench.

This is my routine

Monday---Biceps, Back and abs
2 sets bicep curls 8 x 15kgs
2 sets Dumbbell Lying Row 8 x 34kgs
2 sets weighted situps 8 x 24Kgs

Wednesday---Chest and Triceps
3 sets flat barbell bench press 12x45kgs, 8x50kgs, 5x55kgs, 3x60kgs
2 sets incline dumbell bench press 30kgs
2 sets close-grip barbell bench press 45kgs
2 set bench dips 8 x bodyweight + 10 Kgs

Friday--- Shoulders
3 sets Barbell Military Press 8 x 40kgs
2 sets Dumbell Press (standing) 8 x 24kgs
2 sets Dumbell Side-Lateral Raises 8 x 14kgs
2 sets Front Plate Raise 10kgs

Saturday-- Legs
4 sets Dumbell Squats 8 x 40kgs
2 sets hampstring curls 8 x 40kgs
2 sets leg lifts 8 x 40kgs

My diet is pretty good, i dont calorie count or log everything but a good day i loosly follow a pretty good bb diet (tuna, eggs, cottage cheese et cetera). In the past i have usually just had a tuna sandwhich with loads of tuna post workout, but i will get some whey this week.

Any advice that can be given on my split is appreciated

woody said:
i suspect that there are many others out there in the same position as me and that is that i workout at home so only have dumbells a barbell and a bench.

This is my routine

Monday---Biceps, Back and abs
2 sets bicep curls 8 x 15kgs
2 sets Dumbbell Lying Row 8 x 34kgs
2 sets weighted situps 8 x 24Kgs
You say you have a barbell, so there is deadlifts! Also, in my opinion bent-over-barbell rows would be better than dumbbell rows but that is getting nit-picky and the db rows will probably suffice .
Deads
Rows
Curls
Situps
Would probably be better!
Wednesday---Chest and Triceps
3 sets flat barbell bench press 12x45kgs, 8x50kgs, 5x55kgs, 3x60kgs
2 sets incline dumbell bench press 30kgs
2 sets close-grip barbell bench press 45kgs
2 set bench dips 8 x bodyweight + 10 Kgs
a good workout
Friday--- Shoulders
3 sets Barbell Military Press 8 x 40kgs
2 sets Dumbell Press (standing) 8 x 24kgs
2 sets Dumbell Side-Lateral Raises 8 x 14kgs
2 sets Front Plate Raise 10kgs
Time is wasted here on side raises (front plate raises are still pretty good )which are in my opinion useless when you consider what the time could otherwise be spent on. BB and DB presses are both great execises. You could move your abs from back/bi day to here and put in more back work on that day.
Saturday-- Legs
4 sets Dumbell Squats 8 x 40kgs
2 sets hampstring curls 8 x 40kgs
2 sets leg lifts 8 x 40kgs
I would prioritise Stiff-Legged Deadlifts (with a barbell) over hamstring curls, which fall into a similar boat as dumbbell side-raises.
You would be far better barbell squatting using your bench-uprights as a squat rack, if this is possible.

My diet is pretty good, i dont calorie count or log everything but a good day i loosly follow a pretty good bb diet (tuna, eggs, cottage cheese et cetera). In the past i have usually just had a tuna sandwhich with loads of tuna post workout, but i will get some whey this week.
i suppose ultimately if you are gaining well then you can stick to what you are doing. A time will come though when you have to get a bit more rigid with what you eat

Any advice that can be given on my split is appreciated

put in a reversed Barbell Triceps Extension exercise or skull crushers
nothings targeting the lateral head of ur triceps