• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New mom - going back to work. Need a 30 minute routine

E

essential

Hi Eveyone!

this would be my first post that i have ever posted on any forum , after searching for some information i came across this forum and found the topics and advice given to be of great help, so here i am making my first post

I'm after a 30 minute routine o help me lose some fat and tone up my muscles

I'm a new mom to a healthy 3 month old and as much as i would like stay home and look after my baby , but i need to get back to work . As you can imagine my free time will be very limited and I'm looking for some advice on what the most effective 30 minute routine.

I'm 5"2' and currently weigh 64kg. (I gained approx 20kg during my pregnancy) Pre-baby I was 55-58kg

I've always been pretty muscular, but now I can't really see any muscles! I want to be lean and mean! I want to be able to fit into my pants again and then some...

is this possible in a 30 minute routine?

Thanks!!!

you may want to give circuit training a try , it will burn fat and tone muscle at the same time . You can split it into lower body versus upper body. It just depends on how many days per week you have. you could do more of a split with it doing a body part per day in a circuit type fashion adding some type of cardio between sets such as plyo's or jumping rope or even a cardio machine.

this might sound stupid , but what is circuit training ?

circuit training is a type of interval training in which strength exercises are combined with endurance/aerobic exercises, thus giving you all the benefits of both a cardiovascular and strength training workout. The term circuit means that a number of carefully selected stations will be positioned around the facility consecutively, which may range from hydraulic equipment, free weights, resistance training, squat thrusts, pushups, star jumps, sit-ups or other exercises. Participants are assigned to each station, and they then rotate around the stations to the next with little or no rest performing 15 to 60 second workouts until all exercises have been completed or a certain time requirement achieved

thanks for the reply ,
thanks for the advice Circuit training it is!