• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My workout (2 day split)

P

pak

hey guys, been hitting the gym for about 2 months now, and i;ve divided my program into two days, these being Back/biceps/legs and chest/triceps, however i feel i am neglecting my abs since i never have the energy to do them but when i do they are very quick sessions. I have wrriten my program and i do these excercises in the order shown, i am at the gym 4-5 times a week

Day 1: (chest/tri's)

Flat bench 3x10
Decline bench 3x10 (only started doing recently)
Incline bench 3x10 (sometimes all 3 benches but i alternate between decline and incline)

DB flys (lying down) 3x10
DB inclined chest press 3x10
Cable Flys (on knees) 3x10

Tricep Kickbacks 3x10
Tricep Pushdown (cable) 3x10
Tricep pushdown machine 3x10

Abs: Bicycle crunch 3 sets of about half a minute, traditional crunch, excercise ball crunch, side heele touches.

Day 2:

Lat pull down 3x10
Lat pull down with seated row handle 3x10
Seated row 3x10

Preacher Curls 3x10
Hammer Curls 3x10
BB standing curls 3x10

Bent over Rows 3x10
BB pull ups
DB or BB shoulder press

Leg Press 3x10
calf raises 3x10
leg extension 3x10

not really sure about my current workout, i feel as if im leaving out important excercises or that i am not doing enough? if anyone thinks i should add in a excercise etc please let me know

thanks alot

i am 172cm and 65kg

pak said:
Day 1: (chest/tri's)

Flat bench 3x10
Decline bench 3x10 (only started doing recently)
Incline bench 3x10 (sometimes all 3 benches but i alternate between decline and incline)

DB flys (lying down) 3x10
DB inclined chest press 3x10
Cable Flys (on knees) 3x10

Tricep Kickbacks 3x10
Tricep Pushdown (cable) 3x10
Tricep pushdown machine 3x10

Abs: Bicycle crunch 3 sets of about half a minute, traditional crunch, excercise ball crunch, side heele touches..

Thats way too many exercises, ecpecially for a beginner. You will problably get better results doing a bit less.

Why are you doing an isolation exercise (DB Flys) before the compund press movements? Thats a training method called pre-exhaustion. If you do bench press first you will find that you will be able to push heaps more weight and everyone knows that you have to lift big to get big.

You have said that your doing 3 sets @ 10 reps for all your exercises. 10 reps is ok for the first 2 sets, but if you really want to make your muscles fail you should grab a heavier weight and try for 8 reps.

I also suggest that you move your shoulder workout from day to day 1 as thats probably reducing your stength for your back workout.

That being said I think your day one sould look more like this

Chest
Incline Bench Press
Decline or flat bench press
(swap incline and decline/flat around depending on which part
of your chest is lagging)

DB flys or Cable Flys (or isolation exercise of your choice)

Shoulders
Seated dumbell press, Millitary Press, or behind the
neck press (only going down to your ears)

Triceps
Close grip press or reverse grip press
Skull Crishes
Tricep Pushdown (cable) or Tricep kickback

pak said:
Day 2:

Lat pull down 3x10
Lat pull down with seated row handle 3x10
Seated row 3x10

Preacher Curls 3x10
Hammer Curls 3x10
BB standing curls 3x10

Bent over Rows 3x10
BB pull ups
DB or BB shoulder press

Leg Press 3x10
calf raises 3x10
leg extension 3x10

In your day 2 you start with back and then you do some biceps and forearms and then you go back to working your back. Don't do that mate. Kill it when its down .

Prioritize what you want to build up most your back or your biceps and work that area first when you have the most energy.

I'm going to add Deadlifts to your workout to warm up youe legs and for the upper body benefits you will get from them. You might want to consider doing squats instead of leg press but it's up to you because they are similar movements.

Here is what I think you should do on day 2

Day 2:

biceps
BB standing curls
Preacher Curls
Hammer Curls

Back
Wide grip chin ups
Bent over Rows
Dead lifts

legs
Leg Press or Squats