• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Working out at home

R

rob

Hey guys,

just after a little bit of help and answers, at the moment i have quite a busy life which doesn't give me alot of time to get to the gym.

i was looking at getting some free weights for home training. What are some things that i should be looking for? Should i buy things that i can lift easily?
Just asking because i would imagine its not cheap to do.

Any susjestions would be great. Just want to know if its worth doing, and if i'll be able to still get a good work out at home, or do i need to find a gym thatis open late.

thanks all

when i was a uni student with a tight budget. I bought a pair of dumbells with multiple plates so I could take or add weight when needed

i used 2 Milk crates for when i did inclines or declines Id remove one of them.
from the timber joint i got a piece of wood that that was my bench. with a thick towel (thank mum lol)

there is very little that you can't work with a pair of dumbells.

Yeah I work out at home, you need at the very least a set of adjustable dumbells.

I have a bench, adjustable dumbells and a barbell and around 100 kilos in various weights.

You can exercise all your muscles with dumbells a barbell and a good routine.

Wieghts cost around $2 a kilo, not sure about the bars.

When I was a kid I used 2 old paint tins full of sand.

Get a power rack if you have the room, that way you can squat with the safety bars in place. A good power rack has the low and high pulley attachments. Then all you need is an adjustable bench with dumbells, barbell and some weight.

Not necassarily. I live in a unit and keep my power rack in a spare bedroom, and it aint a big bedroom. You could always go the second hand route, probably set you back $500.

I have a few things the best buy was a good set of Hex dumbells. I love just picking up the dumbells and not having to unscrew the clasp thingys at the ends to add more weight. Also a good solid bench press is awsome.

i work out at home... very noticable gains with a standard bench that has incline, decline, flat bench. Barbel = 40 bucks?
and of course weights perhaps ebay would be a good option for a bench/set of weight plates.

squat racks isnt necessary but would opt for one when the budget is good.
i dont have one but could provide some heavier squatting!!!