• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
How can you definitively say it doesn't work for you Sherk? There's that much research that says it does, I think it's the most widely researched supplement!...are you expecting too much from it? You actually don't even need that much of it, so maybe you're already getting enough in the average preworkout? Like most supps though, it's a 1%er, you may get better gains from changing your diet or the way you train.

However, considering you're advocating "less is more" when it comes to protein intake, are you still getting enough creatine from protein sources to warrant not supplementing it?

I noticed shrek seems to be against any and every product, well most of them lol

Anyway i started crea mono on monday, so far so good. I'm interested to hear other crea mono stories...............

How can you definitively say it doesn't work for you Sherk? There's that much research that says it does, I think it's the most widely researched supplement!...are you expecting too much from it? You actually don't even need that much of it, so maybe you're already getting enough in the average preworkout? Like most supps though, it's a 1%er, you may get better gains from changing your diet or the way you train.

However, considering you're advocating "less is more" when it comes to protein intake, are you still getting enough creatine from protein sources to warrant not supplementing it?

Thats the thing. The effect of creatine is small enough that you could quite easily convince yourself that it doesn’t work for you when it does.

It works the other way all the time. People convince themselves certain supps work when they do nothing.

Thats the thing. The effect of creatine is small enough that you could quite easily convince yourself that it doesn’t work for you when it does.

It works the other way all the time. People convince themselves certain supps work when they do nothing.
I certainly agree, placebo is a wonderful thing!

For the cost of creatine, even if it was mostly placebo, I'll still continue using it

Ok then the effects are minute enough not to warrant taking it.
I generally take pre workouts without cheap creatine.

Yeah i figure even if i see a 5% increase in say power or strength etc, then thats good enough for me, especially from an otc product, i'm more than satisfied with those results.

I certainly agree, placebo is a wonderful thing!

For the cost of creatine, even if it was mostly placebo, I'll still continue using it

Yeah it would be the most researched supp i'd imagine, and wpc/wpi too i guess would be researched extremely heavily.

Are you loading it Bukkake? What sort of dosage plan?

5g ed is said to be a typical maintenance dose, and the loading dose is 5g x 4 ed for 7 days. Now i have opted for 5g x 2 ed and i'll ride with this i reckon for as long as feels good. 10g ed would theoretically load me up in 3 weeks and then i'd go onto maintenance, but this is all in theory right.....real world results and figures often differ. With that said i will probably just continue running 5g x 2 ed for as long as feels right.

I still hear stories of guys mega dosing creatine for months and months on end. I'd get a bit worried about my kidneys if i did this. But yeah creatine can be pushed harder in some individuals i believe, as in much higher doses can be used and will result in better gains.

He's just on the anti-supps bandwagon at the moment... wasn't always like that

I'm the other way round now, i take like 20 different supps everyday lol, but as long as i stay away from gear then i say fuck it who cares, plus i get all the stuff in raw powder form so it costs fuck all.

I did have a hatred for supps for years in my hey day, i was firmly obsessed with gear and nothing else, though having that attitude i just tended to let myself slide more and more, in terms of diet/supps/lifestyle etc. Being on the juice makes heaps of guys lazy, they just cbf with diets or anything like that, they let the drugs do the work. But now i'm a bit different, i focus more on diet and natty training basically.

3-5g a day, post workout (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23919405). You don't need to load. You don't need to cycle. You don't need more than 3-5g. You don't need anything fancier or more expensive than basic run of the mill mono. It works, more so with those who are not big red meat eaters (i.e. vegans and [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]). Prolly shouldn't take it if you have kidney failure (hello Andy Bolton) but there are many advantages beyond slight strength gain, so even non lifters will benefit.

3-5g a day, post workout (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23919405). You don't need to load. You don't need to cycle. You don't need more than 3-5g. You don't need anything fancier or more expensive than basic run of the mill mono. It works, more so with those who are not big red meat eaters (i.e. vegans and @Shrek). Prolly shouldn't take it if you have kidney failure (hello Andy Bolton) but there are many advantages beyond slight strength gain, so even non lifters will benefit.

Okay 3-5g ed that sounds good. I used to use about 4-6g ed in one dose but was never completely sure about the whole "pre-post workout" timing factor..........

Do you think the whole "loading" thing is a marketing scam to get people to use more product so they make more money? Cause as far as i'm aware i can feel it pretty much straight away, its not like gear or anything but there's a slight pumpier muscle feeling like they feel fuller and recovery is better straight off the bat.

What other benefits are there with creatine aside from training benefits? I heard its good for the brain.

Creatine like most supplements will only do something if you have a deficiency in your diet.

Once your creatine stores are full they are full you can't fit more than a litre in a 1 litre jug, no matter how much you wish you could.

Creatine is cheap enough, but at the same time what does it do to your body (kidneys etc) to eliminate all these excess products people take as supplements, without really knowing if they have a shortage of these things or not.

Non responders of creatine are non responders because they already have enough in their diet, those few that see gains from using creatine are obviously the few that have a shortage of the stuff in their system, hence it works for some people and not for others.

Same can be said for protein powders and all the other crap people buy.

Last edited:
People are always chasing the easy way out, supplement advertising focuses on this desire to have quick results and lures money out of peoples pockets that could be better spend on things that will actually make your life better, a day out with the family or a nice meal.

Creatine like most supplements will only do something if you have a deficiency in your diet.

Once your creatine stores are full they are full you can't fit more than a litre in a 1 litre jug, no matter how much you wish you could.

Creatine is cheap enough, but at the same time what does it do to your body (kidneys etc) to eliminate all these excess products people take as supplements, without really knowing if they have a shortage of these things or not.

Non responders of creatine are non responders because they already have enough in their diet, those few that see gains from using creatine are obviously the few that have a shortage of the stuff in their system, hence it works for some people and not for others.

Same can be said for protein powders and all the other crap people buy.

Most people can't get 5g or 10g creatine in their daily diets, its just not possible, or its too hard too do it everyday.

I think i could fit more than 1 litre into a 1 litre jug if i attached a hose to a high powered water compressor then i could jam more water in. The jug may break, but thats the risk we take isn't it. So if you stick a hose up your ass and pump liquid creatine into your body i'm betting you could fit quite a bit in.

Kidney problems, like 1 in 100,000 people.