• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

Stiffy

"Australian-funded projects have removed “mateship” from the lexicon used in Papua New Guinea to describe the heroism of Diggers fighting the Japanese on the *Kokoda Track, in what a prominent critic describes as politically correct revisionism to “demilitarise” the battleground’s history in the lead up to its 75th anniversary.

According to former Australian Army major, Vietnam War veteran and NSW Liberal state MP Charlie Lynn, who for the past 25 years has run treks on the *Kokoda Track, $65 million of Australian taxpayers’ money has been directed through “a conga line of consultants” to green-leaning and leftist development projects promoting Australian liberal values such as gender equity on the track. .........."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...p/news-story/d7fe6814a444a525f2b723ec63a7ac2f

Apparently using the words "mate" and "mateship" was too blokey. Fucking bullshit. True mateship between two Blokes is as significant as Marriage is between a Man and a Woman. Mates will bleed for each other, some Mates will die for each other. We saw that through our ANZACs and to a lesser extent in State of Origin Rugby League during the 80s where Mates would die or bleed for one another.

Nothing more beautiful than when you're in the shit and you hear "Stiff's in trouble" and a Mate or two come running in, whether on the Footy field or the Street. Used to love protecting the smaller fellas on the Footy field.

When the bullets or punches are flying you want a (true) MATE to have your Back.

"I’ve travelled down some lonely roads, both crooked tracks and straight.
And I’ve learnt life’s creed. Summed it up in one word – MATE.
I’m thinking back across the years (a thing I do lately) and these words stick between my ears: “You’ve got to have a mate.”
My mind goes back to ’43, to slavery and hate, when one man’s chance to stay alive depended on his mate.
You’d slip and slither through the mud and curse your rotten fate.
But then you’d hear a quite word – “Don’t drop your bundle mate.”
And though it’s all long ago this truth I have to state – a man doesn’t know what lonely means till he’s lost his mate.
If there’s a life that follows this, if there’s a golden gate, the words that I want to hear are just “Good onya mate.”
And when I’ve left the driver’s seat, and handed in the plates, I’ll tell Ole Peter at the door, “I’ve come to join my mates.”

Last edited:
All the political correctness being pushed on us is a big part of the reason why the Donald won.

I was in the states when the election was on. Most people I talked to didn't want to vote for him but did so as a big fuck you to the lefty political correctness movement that is being forced down everyone throat.

"Australian-funded projects have removed “mateship” from the lexicon used in Papua New Guinea to describe the heroism of Diggers fighting the Japanese on the *Kokoda Track, in what a prominent critic describes as politically correct revisionism to “demilitarise” the battleground’s history in the lead up to its 75th anniversary.

The whole fucking story is bullshit.

We saw that through our ANZACs and to a lesser extent in State of Origin Rugby League during the 80s where Mates would die or bleed for one another.

I hope you're not trying to draw similarities between the two. Fuck it shits me when footy promos cal the players warriors and refer to the games as battles.

I hope you're not trying to draw similarities between the two. Fuck it shits me when footy promos cal the players warriors and refer to the games as battles.

As I said to a lesser extent.

You're a Victorian and only 37 aren't you? Do you know the story of State of Origin in the 80s. It was 'blood n guts' - 'do it for your mates, do it for your State' was the cry. Nothing in VFL/AFL compares to the brutality of State of Origin in the 80s. In War you're prepared to die for the Blokes in the Trench next to you. In State of Origin in the 80s, Players were prepared to suffer very serious injury for the Bloke in the Line next to them.

Once again, as I said, to a lesser extent.

Haha negged and insulted for having an opinion. Keep crying princess.

d42ff2ee15f028a666d42b2402a5647c_fat-emo-fat-emo-memes_460-333.jpeg

Yep pathetically weak analogy to try and generate additional interest in sporting events. Nauseating garbage

Just another move on the road to emasculate the species by the fat, ugly, sexless, emotionally under-develped of the world.

Especially now that women play it, and I use the term "women" very loosely

There were plenty of good looking chicks there but how bad is the quality of the football. I love in this PC world everyone has to pretend that chicks footy is basically as good as the afl.

The reality is the twos of a club in some backwater 4th division country league would beat the best women's team by 20+ goals.

Isn't the word "mate" the ultimate politically correct term, as it implies not only no gender, but neither the relationship dynamic. Friends of the same sex or different sex can use it, family can use it, and you can actually use it with the mate (partner) you attracted. It can be used for any relationship in the animal kingdom.

It's outrage culture. People are running out of things to complain about.

Isn't the word "mate" the ultimate politically correct term, as it implies not only no gender, but neither the relationship dynamic. Friends of the same sex or different sex can use it, family can use it, and you can actually use it with the mate (partner) you attracted. It can be used for any relationship in the animal kingdom.

It's outrage culture. People are running out of things to complain about.

What you are saying is very offensive.