• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

Stiffy

This dude was firstly protecting his Dog then protecting himself from this big Roo. Now the Australian Human Society is calling for him to be sacked from his Elephant Handler job at Dubbo Zoo and Animal Rights activists are making death threats etc.

That Roo is pretty big and looks like it wants to "go". Haven't people been killed by Roos? This bloke probably knows Animal body language pretty well being an Animal handler. The punch was pretty piss weak - right straight from a Southpaw stance with more of a chopping motion. You gotta think the Roo (Kangaroos in general) woulda evolved strong enough to take this piss weak hit. Dude could be dead or severely injured if he didn't give the Roo pause for thought.

On a more humorous note, fark its funny when they first shape up and dance a bit :D

He needs to control his dog. It had a pig collar on in the video I saw and it was chasing a roo. Hope he gave it a flogging.

Roos don't just chase dogs and choke them. If he could call his dog it wouldn't have been anywhere near the roo.

Apart from that he did pretty well, he saved his useless dog and he didn't hurt the roo.

He needs to control his dog. It had a pig collar on in the video I saw and it was chasing a roo. Hope he gave it a flogging.

Roos don't just chase dogs and choke them. If he could call his dog it wouldn't have been anywhere near the roo.

Apart from that he did pretty well, he saved his useless dog and he didn't hurt the roo.

Interesting, didn't know, thanks.

@bull; @Bazza20; you two have prolly had more experience with Roos than a lot here. Before the dude throws the punch was the Roo lining him up for a kick etc.

You can see after the punch lands the Roo is pissed. It's claws are flared and it does a 'minor' most muscular pose. It keeps on looking at the Dude like it wants a piece of him but keeps getting distracted by the Dogs and eventually turns tail?

Last edited:
Whats the role of the pig collar bull?
The collar protects the dog from tusks when it grabs a pig. It doesn't always work but without it the dog will get killed more often than not.

I think I owe you an apology. I was pretty sure you were being sarcastic before so I replied in kind. The "I'm not surprised." bit looks like it was uncalled for.

@bull; @Bazza20; you two have prolly had more experience with Roos than a lot here. Before the dude throws the punch was the Roo lining him up for a kick etc.

You can see after the punch lands the Roo is pissed. It's claws are flared and it does a 'minor' most muscular pose. It keeps on looking at the Dude like it wants a piece of him but keeps getting distracted by the Dogs and eventually turns tail?
I'd just be guessing but I think he backed off at the right time. The roo looked confused and defensive to me but if he went at it again it might have poked it's toes in his gut. I think by backing away he gave it the option to get away.

He didn't have to punch the roo. He could've walk away after the dog was loose. It was a show for the camera.

Last edited:
He didn't jave to punch the roo. He could've walk away after the dog was loose. It was a show for the camera.

Are Roos passive like that? In that situation, if he had of turned and walked off after the Dog was loose, would the Roo have followed him and thrown a king hit (kick) from behind?

A "coward punch" lol

The collar protects the dog from tusks when it grabs a pig. It doesn't always work but without it the dog will get killed more often than not.

I think I owe you an apology. I was pretty sure you were being sarcastic before so I replied in kind. The "I'm not surprised." bit looks like it was uncalled for.

It's all good

Are Roos passive like that? In that situation, if he had of turned and walked off after the Dog was loose, would the Roo have followed him and thrown a king hit (kick) from behind?

A "coward punch" lol
I dunno but he could've backed up slowly keeping guard just in case.

Last edited:
He didn't have to punch the roo. He could've walk away after the dog was loose. It was a show for the camera.

If you watch closely the roo was shaping up for an attack, so he punched it to avoid the eminent attack on him, as the roo released to dog it turned it's attention towards the man.