• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stupid question.

S

sonic

I am currently working out 4 times a week. 2 days on, 2 days off in hope of gaining some serious mass. I am starting to think that maybe I'm overtraining and not giving myself enough time to recoup/gain weight.

Problem is, I am addicted to hitting the gym every other day and I feel like I might lose motivation if I stop going so frequently. I was thinking of going every other day to ride a bike for 10-15 minutes. My concern is that, will riding a bike a few times a week slim me down and hurt my weight gain? My legs are pretty lanky as is, and im not sure if the bike will make my legs bigger or smaller.

Thanks in advance,

if you are skinny you should try to limit your cardio and up your caloric intake. a four day split isn't bad asuming that you have everything figured out so that you aren't training body parts too often.

Remember , no such thing as stupid questions only stupid answers

If you feel you don't have enough time to recuperate hen do yourself a favor and cut down to 3 times a week and start eating more! Don't make the same mistake we all make of over training in the beginning, the saying that more is better is not the case in bodybuilding . You can eat as much tuna as you want but not train as much as you want .

Losing motivation; if you have a goal and want to reach it real bad, the motivation will be there, just tell yourself that by cutting on workouts, you have more time to eat

Thanks for the replies. I think I might cut it down to
2 days a week, or set up my workout to be a 3 days split

I am currently working out 4 times a week. 2 days on, 2 days off in hope of gaining some serious mass. I am starting to think that maybe I'm overtraining and not giving myself enough time to recoup/gain weight.

Problem is, I am addicted to hitting the gym every other day and I feel like I might lose motivation if I stop going so frequently. I was thinking of going every other day to ride a bike for 10-15 minutes. My concern is that, will riding a bike a few times a week slim me down and hurt my weight gain? My legs are pretty lanky as is, and im not sure if the bike will make my legs bigger or smaller.

Thanks in advance,

Yeah that's interesting coz when I ran a four day Upper/Lower Upper/Lower split I was addicted to training too. Running a four day once a week split I had no such dramas.

P.S. there was a thread by [MENTION=1]Admin[/MENTION]; encouraging necrobumping. Its good for your karma or something.

Sonic.
Cool username. I might steal it for a while. [MENTION=1]Admin[/MENTION]; do your stuff. Sonic me.. :)