• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
he's only doing partial reps there. probably just training the weakest part of the lift for time under tension ??
he's always had a reason.

He loves the pump.
hard to say why he's doing it unless you see the whole workout, but the myth behind the wide grip is that it works the pecs more, which is just poppy-cock.

I can't see the full weight but it's at least 100kg. He is working his pecs, taking the bar all the way to the chest and pressing up to the point where the triceps take over. So the reverse of what skinny bros do.

I can't see the full weight but it's at least 100kg. He is working his pecs, taking the bar all the way to the chest and pressing up to the point where the triceps take over. So the reverse of what skinny bros do.
[MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; knows this. He's just playing games with kunce. 90% of Bodybuilders do this when Benching - trying to isolate the Chest.

Nah. Most i see do full ROM, although bar path, body position leave a lot to be desired.

a short range of motion would be reps of the top 1/2, not the bottom 1/2...

a short range of motion would be reps of the top 1/2, not the bottom 1/2...

Thats what the bros do at my gym. Load up the bar with a massive 60kg then do half reps, the top half. Of course they get a bicep workout spot from their bro as well.

^ Bahaha cracks me up every time I see that, It looks like the bros are fighting over Terminator's cock :D

The wider grip should take out the triceps. But as has been said, this is just 45 seconds of a full workout. Who knows what else he was doing before or after.

I love working in with bros on bench.
They top out arond 60-70 usually. To thier disgust, im still warming up haha

Maybe not entirely, but it minimises their engagement. It's just the inverse of having a narrow grip for a close grip bench press.

Maybe not entirely, but it minimises their engagement. It's just the inverse of having a narrow grip for a close grip bench press.
Thd inverse as in no pec use in close grip?

Not true there either. Unless you cut the rom short. Full depth close grip smashes my pecs also.

Thd inverse as in no pec use in close grip?

Not true there either. Unless you cut the rom short. Full depth close grip smashes my pecs also.

The inverse that a close grip bench press brings in more triceps. It never eliminates the chest. So the wider the grip, the less flexion/extension in the arms.

The inverse that a close grip bench press brings in more triceps. It never eliminates the chest. So the wider the grip, the less flexion/extension in the arms.
Gotcha. I figured thats what you meant after i posted the reply. Then because im a kunce, i cbfd editting.

[emoji14]