• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

craze

Got a x5 4.8l bmw recently and love the thing.

Cant believe how nice everything is.

Next car for me is 2008 m5! Mmmmm

I'm a fan, great cars, had a 328 back in the 90s, was a pussy magnet, sold it to buy a Range Rover, well that was a kunce of an idea, thing cost me a fortune to run.

Yes, would love an m3 or x5
what year is yours?

The features is incredicle. Doors close like a new car!

Im done with all the other brands now. Had hsv, holden, toyota (was good), mazda, nissan

Bmw is crazy. And the m5 v10 my god didnt know it existed until a few weeks ago. An f1 car in sedan format almost

Heard the new models aren't as reliable as the old ones? Is that true or did that come from jaded povo arm chair reviewers.

My bro's got a 2010 330i.. I am scared to drive it, it is too posh inside and I keep thinking I might dirty something if I touch it.

Gotta love German engineering.

they make shit good, havent had a bm in ages, but some of the clever things i remember from my old one were:

• Battery in the boot, so not subbject to engine heat
  • Air filter is a cassete type, one clip, slide out, tap the bugs and shit out and push back in
  • Mine held 7.5 liters of oil
  • Water never sat on the car, designed so it runs off, even the door handles were lift type on high side if the body crease
  • No dust trap corners on the dash design, just wipe no need for cotton buds to get the shit from the corners
  • Rear seatbelts came out from the centre and cliped in at the door side, so if you ever had a baby seat in the back, you'd know how much easier that is to find the buckle rather than feeling behing the capsule
  • windscreen wipes covered like 90% of the windscreen and would switch to intermitent mode at the lights, back in the early 90s that is.
  • Was a 5 speed auto back than

That is just some of the things I recall, very clever in design.
You dont appreciate how good they are until you jump in a local shitbox back to back.

Im looking at getting a car for myself late this year, went to hsv dealerships x2 because i knew the earlier ones well and did some research.
even their new vf model which is $100k is lacking some basic things that are standard from bmw years ago

So now towards end of year im getting an e60 m5 (v10 5l). They can be had for under $50k

Cant wait

What year is that?

E60 ran from the early 2000s to 2010, replaced by the current F10.
The M5 if maintained is OK, but if the they skipped the frequent and expensive maintenance, like the arse end works with constant diff oil changes, rubbers, bushes, seals, adjustments besides the front end maintenance, you could buy yourself a very fast bucket of problems.

Took a mates brand new m4 for a blast last Thursday, it's the lite or whatever they call it now which is the bare bones model with the carbon roof. Only car I've driven that comes close is a Porsche gt3. Last of the m3's and the new m4 Just a fucking beautiful machine, absolutely spastic with the traction control off lol

Previous m3 felt like it pulled harder across the whole rev range, the new 6 in the m4 revs like s fucking motorbike and has more poke but I felt the v8 was easier to drive, felt easier to drive fast, the m4 is more a race car drivers car I feel. The Beemer is the poor mans supercar.

Also don't ever buy one unless you enjoy burning fat wads of cash, 5k to do the breaks, pads and discs get done at the same time, every service there's another 5grand for some shit. Might be a cheap supercar to buy but your still paying Porsche prices on the servicing

a mate had an m3 on work lease cost the company twenty k a year to keep on the road

could get an old honda nsx and supercharge it for that cash