• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
[h=1]MANOHAR AICH[/h]Hey is your grandfather fit? Probably he is, unlike my grandfather who is so lazy at the age of 92. What? You guys think I am rude?
Well you aren’t to be blamed! I was of the same opinion before that my grandfather is old and he has worked a lot in his younger days.But all that changed when I got to know about this “Pocket Hercules”! Mr. Manohar Aich.
He is 103 years old and still continues to run his gym and weight training routine! Don’t believe me? I know you would not!
Here’s his picture at the age of 100.

Notice those arms? I know exactly how you guys are feeling at the moment! Those big muscles do not give away the age!
Manohar Aich, an Indian bodybuilder was born in a small village which is now a part of Bangladesh. Mr. Aich is just shy of an inch to be called 5 feet tall but his achievements in the sport of bodybuilding and powerlifting makes him a legendary icon of this sport!
Some of his achievements include:

• Mr. Universe (1952 Mr. Universe – Group III championship)
  • 2nd Place in the Mr. Universe contest 1950
  • Mr. Hercules contest winner in 1950
  • Gold Medallist in bodybuilding at Asian Games 1951 New Delhi
  • Gold Medallist in bodybuilding at Asian Games 1954 Manila
  • Gold Medallist in bodybuilding at Asian Games 1958 Tokyo
  • 3rd Place in the Mr. Universe contest 1955
  • 4th Place in the Mr. Universe contest 1960 (aged 48)
  • Winner of “World Championship of Spring Pulling” where he tore apart a spring that had 275 pounds of tension.

Look at the vaccum!! Amazing!
Throughout his career of bodybuilding he competed at the weight category of 56 kg. In that era of 1940s and 1950s there was no such thing as an off season and an on season. Manohar Aich weighed the same all year round and displayed his fantastic measurements as follows:
Height: 4 feet 11 inches
Chest: 54 inches
Arms: 17 and a half inches
Waist: 23 inches

Look at that frame!! Wow a 54 inch chest with a 23 inch waist would definitely look huge!!
How did he get into bodybuilding?
Although Manohar was a fan of physical fitness from a very tender age of 12 he started actual bodybuilding only when he joined the Royal Air Force in 1942. One of the British officers noticed Manohar’s potential when he bent a rod of steel with his bare hands and introduced Manhohar to the sport of bodybuilding. From that moment on there was no turning back!
What did Manohar Aich Eat?
His diet was simple and clean. A fist size portion of brown rice and a fist sized portion of daal , fresh water fishes. For snacks he had mangoes and ghee along with dry fruits.
Now before you start going all oink oink on those mangoes have a look at the workout he followed!
How did Manohar Aich Train?
The training followed by Manohar Aich is quite different from the usual workout plans you would see today.
He worked out 6 times a week and worked every muscle group. Although he had strength to handle weight more than his bodyweight, Manohar personally liked calisthenics/bodyweight exercises.
Manohar had the strength to do 100 reps per set of pull-ups, push-ups, leg raises, squats and leg raises.
What does he do now?
Manohar did many shows and guest posing at many events to inspire and motivate people like you and me from all across India and the globe! He did one final show at the age of 91 in 2003 after which he bid farewell to the stage! Mr. Manohar Aich every indian bodybuilder and supporter of this beautiful sport salutes you!
Here is a picture of him at age 70.

that's great! Interesting that bodybuilding was included as an event at the Asian Games.