• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
Have you guys noticed how foamy the strawberry&cream and Frenchvanilla flavours for True Protein is? :confused:

No foam with the chocolate flavoured WPI, strangely enough.

See, I just use one point five scoops, add a dash of water, shake it up like I normally do and it's so foamy its not drinkable unless you want an immediate distended gut, not to mention a flurry of protein farts to entertain yourself with all night long.

With milk.. doesn't matter if its skim or full cream, UHT or pasteurised, the same result ensues. Like 80% foam and 20% liquid.

What is with this impromptu foam party when none of the other WPI's I've tried had this happen before. WOTS DA MATTER.

If you don't shake it enough, its lumpy. Give it more than 3 shakes and it foams up like a biatch!

Just opened another Strawberry one this morning and it's done the same thing. I can shave with this, it's that good.

Dunno mate. Maybe they have reformulated, but the batch I bought late last year was fine.
I had a Choc, Strawberry, Iced Chai and Natural..all good.

Last edited:
-Ive found the same thing with the natural. Bought some a while ago and it was perfect - shake the shit out of it and it was good to go. This new lot foams like a muthafukka. I have to make it and then let it sit for about 20 mins before I can use it.
-Something in the formulation has def. changed.

[MENTION=17550]JUST.BLAISE[/MENTION]; any explainations why this is occuring? (Chocolate is fine, all other flavours no no)

I've found that protein powder from Aus and NZ manufactures is frothy. I don't mind it though. Apparently it has to do with the what the cattle eat.

Hi guys, first I've heard of this. Nothing has changed with formulations. Will take a look at the Strawberry and Vanilla WPI from latest batch and then update.

Cheers [MENTION=17550]JUST.BLAISE[/MENTION]; .. on the plus side the foaminess means protein pancakes come out fluffy as. Delicious :eek:

[MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION] Grabbed a random Vanilla and Strawberry bag to test and both seemed fine to me (See image below of Vanilla WPI). Foam looks in line with what we'd typically expect. I guess there is a possibility that there may have been a few bags where the blend was not distributed properly (not sure). This is genuinely the first I've heard of our WPI foaming up heavily. If you PM me your order ref I can put a credit on your account to go towards your next one. Cheers

xoqhkx.jpg

Cool @JUST.BLAISE; may I present you EXHIBIT A.
One scoop Strawberry WPI, A dash of skim milk.
See the true protein logo is right at the bottom of the shaker? The liquid level ends half way inside the logo. I shook it 5.5 times.
The foam reaches all the way to the 'U' in 'TRUE'.
FEq2j5S.jpg

Yeah, I don't know which batch it came from coz it's all part of a massive order I did a couple of months back. I'll have to sieve through the paper trail and find out which order number it is and so forth then get back to ya! :)
Thanks muchly.

Cool @JUST.BLAISE; may I present you EXHIBIT A.
One scoop Strawberry WPI, A dash of skim milk.
See the true protein logo is right at the bottom of the shaker? The liquid level ends half way inside the logo. I shook it 5.5 times.
The foam reaches all the way to the 'U' in 'TRUE'.
FEq2j5S.jpg

Yeah, I don't know which batch it came from coz it's all part of a massive order I did a couple of months back. I'll have to sieve through the paper trail and find out which order number it is and so forth then get back to ya! :)
Thanks muchly.

You could be adding too much TP. Try something other than cottonelle :cool: No need to thank me.

You could be adding too much TP. Try something other than cottonelle :cool: No need to thank me.
Yikes t was only matter of time before someone noticed that 'incriminating' roll. :rolleyes: Wait what that's not what it looks like lolol!

About TP I only added one scoop so its the recommended serving. I was nice and didn't just use water because the foam would be overflowing if I did..

No, its a second world problem, because when you drink all that foam your belly pops right out like one of those kids on the posters at salvos, so you feel like you inflicted with a problem that many second world people have to deal with.

[MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION] thanks for the images, I see you have a situation on hand.... Don't worry about the order reference, just PM me your full name and I'll put that credit on so we can get you back onto first world protein shakes.

It's all to do with where they source their protein base from. Protein from Fontera (milk manufacturer) in New Zealand will tend to be frothy, nothing wrong with it, its just the way it is. test this out for yourself and try other products that use Fontera protein e.g. International WPI, Next Generation etc. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and the foam will settle :) swedish protein does that same thing too, both countries are known for quality.