• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
The future of computing is here? I reckon next time I get a PC, it won't be a PC but a pad thingy like this one. It certainly has the specs to back its sexc looks up, dontcha think?

Microsoft announces new iPad competitor, the Surface 3

Hook it up to a 27" monitor with a set of Dolby speakers then its happy days, at 1/10 of the space. Not sure if it can beat the ipad for battery life or reliability.. but time will tell aye. :rolleyes:

901607-cea631a4-d797-11e4-915f-fd70bc6357a8.jpg

How is the v3.0 different to previous models?
I thought they were already more powerful than an ipad, I mean you can get an i7 powered one if you have the coin

Yeah but they upped the spec with that Atom chip thingy that doesn't need a bigarse fan to cool it down so you can now attempt heavy duty tasks like photochop and edit your own pr0n.. or something like that.

All this for sub $1000?? Fark me the first PC I brought set me back $4K I feel jipped now FML!

Yeah but they upped the spec with that Atom chip thingy that doesn't need a bigarse fan to cool it down so you can now attempt heavy duty tasks like photochop and edit your own pr0n.. or something like that.

All this for sub $1000?? Fark me the first PC I brought set me back $4K I feel jipped now FML!

Go ask them for a refund lol

Lolwot last decade is 2000-2010?? :confused:
What decade are you working off, the uranus calendar lol

a decade == 10 years mate, dont worry i can each you more general knowlege too if you like.

Back to the topic of the Surface, whats the best docking station to use with it?

I have one of these for work. A bit of adjustment, but love it now. not sure about replacing a desktop, but a great machine

A co worker won't stop raving about his Surface Pro 2. Resolution is better than any laptop and the specs are on par with most high end laptops. He regularly forgets to plug the charger in and it goes for days on battery. My girlfriend wants to get one to replace her drawing tablet. You can draw straight onto the screen with pretty high accuracy.

a decade == 10 years mate, dont worry i can each you more general knowlege too if you like.

Back to the topic of the Surface, whats the best docking station to use with it?
Docking station?
Don't they come with the keyboard attachment?

Also just checked the specs. My Activ book 9 has better resolution that the Pro 3 i7, so it's not better than "any" laptop. 3200x1800 vs 2160x1440... Probably not even noticeable at this high of a spec but false statement none the less ;)

Last edited:
Does it have a hdmi output? Surely....

Otherwise Chromecast ;)

And throw one of those usb hub things on it

One thing I should add is that they need to design a sturdier docking station. When I type hard like I do right now when I am on ausbb the keyboard kinda collapses and the whole surface thing flops onto my hand which is almost enough to make me want to practise shotputting lol

Haven't used one but aren't the keys just touch based? Like they don't depress much if at all? So it's probably operator error, even though we all know how emotional posting on ausbb can be at times

Oh I haven't thought of that, I'll try feather typing when I get to play on it again. Lol theres also a few dead pixels on my ipad before I learnt this most delicate technique

Just got one.

Love it.

Got the docking station and a 25inch monitor, proper keyboard and mouse to use as a desktop when at home but take it out to use as a laptop or tablet when away.

get a macbook air or the new macbook when it arrives.

it won't break in 2yrs.