• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Just bought the MultiStyle Gym in Minchinbury, Western Sydney

zygote404

Hi all,

I have just purchased the gym in the M Centre, Minchinbury. The gym was under-marketed and slightly overpriced however I'm in the process of changing that. Price has dropped from $79.00 to $39.00 per month for new members. Hours have increased from 7am to 10pm M-F to 5am to 11pm 7 days. Also abolished the lock in contracts, joining fee's and penalties for cancellations.

I've been a member of the gym since around 1999. When the opportunity came up I decided to grab it because I love this gym.

The philosophy of the gym is going to be what I like in gyms. I think joining fee's are cash grabs, I think lock in contracts are a substitute for giving people quality and value etc etc. I hate gyms that are packed so I'm putting a cap on membership of 800 people, the gym is 1000 mtr sqre. At that number I won't get rich but I'll make a decent profit, not have queues on equipment, be my own boss and never miss a workout :)

The gym is home to the Multi-Style Martial Arts Academy but the Academy is separate. Owner is a good mate though and gym goers are able to use the full mat area, boxing bags, inners, gloves, kick pads, swords.. pretty much everything.

Here's the Facebook page if you want to take a look.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MultiStyle-Gym/118290851560635

Cheers

Daniel

Sounds excellent Daniel, a gym for gym rats. Best of luck with it, shouldn't have a problem getting 800 in the door with that attitude/structure

Isn't there one or two national level competitors training there, or at least there was?

Isn't there one or two national level competitors training there, or at least there was?
Thanks all. Hey Sonic, there were but not anymore. Some of the rules that were implemented were a little anti-bodybuilding (no dropping weights etc) but they've been revised - long as they're not being dropped from the ceiling its cool :)

That sounds great!

I drive past there twice a week to do an evening course at MtDruit TAFE.

If you're open until 11, I could drop in after class.

Looks like a pretty cool spot.
Make it more bodybuilder / powerlifter friendly and I'm sure you'll get ppl coming by

Yeah and add a crossfit ('functional' strength) area in a corner, that seems like all the rage with the cardio bunnies looking for something they can tell their friends about going 'hardcore'.

Was nice to see ya Sandin Face :)

Yeah bodybuilder / strength is what I'm thinking too Wingman. Was going to run classes and stuff but I think I'm gonna concentrate on its strengths and just rent space to PT's to run their own classes or PT sessions. Better to do one or two things well than everything averagely.

Jungnaut yeah I was thinking of getting some sleds, sledgehammers, logs, farmers walk type stuff, we already have tractor tires, bags, weighted ropes and so on.