• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Too much jogging 'as bad as no exercise at all'

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
bbc.in/1EGNriY
Too much jogging may be as bad for you as not putting on your running shoes at all, a report in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology says.
Scientists studied more than 1,000 healthy joggers and non-joggers over a 12-year period.
Those who jogged at a steady pace for less than two and a half hours a week were least likely to die in this time.
But those who ran more than four hours a week or did no exercise had the highest death rates.

We all gotta die of something so why worry about things you may possibly die of, just enjoy what your doin your doin or find something else to do....

We all gotta die of something so why worry about things you may possibly die of, just enjoy what your doin your doin or find something else to do....

Exactly.

Screen-shot-2010-07-20-at-2.37.39-PM.png

Not exercising at all - Death by Cholesterol
Exercising for 2.5 hours a week - Healthy balance of muscle tone, fat and cholesterol reduction
Exercising excessively - Muscle tears of the heart and artery hardening?

Exercising excessively - Muscle tears of the heart and artery hardening?

I think that was the same point being made by Fadi and myself in the High Intensity thread.

There is a level that the body can't adapt to - I guess it varies from individual to individual.

I think that was the same point being made by Fadi and myself in the High Intensity thread.

There is a level that the body can't adapt to - I guess it varies from individual to individual.

Nah bro, gotta have shredded ventricles and some swole atrium or your physique will be out of balance...

Correlation does not prove causation.

Small sample size, short(ish) period and no analysis of WHAT the deaths were from. In other words no causal link has been established.