• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

February 2015 Newsletter - our latest updates

Bulk Nutrients

Site Advertiser
zz211-d813f205-472c-4ceb-8aae-f4d29273f038-v2

Welcome to February, where we're pleased to offer a BulkNutrients Shaker and Gym Towel as free gifts when you spend over $250.

The Shakers are our tried and tested design, except we've changed the colour scheme to feature a bright orange container. This means there's no excuses for forgetting it in the back seat of your car to grow new forms of life.

Our gym towels were out of stock towards the end of last year and but we've got a fresh batch in, ready to be dispatched. The customers that missed them during previous orders now have the chance to grab one for free,just by spending over $250 this month.*

Our new protein blend, Protein Matrix+ has been in development for many months and we're extremely proud to have it hit the shelves! *We developed this product as many customers requested a blend and there have been some interesting studies in the last few years which suggest protein blends (including whey and casein) are actually superior to using whey in isolation.
Protein Matrix+ has a thick, creamy taste, is 85% protein by weight and has an added enzyme which makes it perfect for those sensitive to lactose.* At launch it's available in vanilla and chocolate but look for this selection to expand rapidly soon. Available now at just $29 for 1kg and $99 for 4kg, we feel Protein Matrix+ surpasses any commercial protein blends from Australia or the US... all at an unbelievable price!*

zz211-7e42ec83-08af-48d7-b37b-0437de46069d-v2

We are very proud to announce Bulk Nutrients as the official supplement sponsor of the ACT Brumbies. The Brumbies are an ACT Rugby Union side who play nationally and internationally. While we know of many professional athletes that use our products, this is the first time Bulk Nutrients have entered into an agreement with a high profile side.

We look forward to supporting the Brumbies throughout 2015 and assisting the players with their entire supplement needs, whether it be energy requirements, recovery, protein, joint support and more.

zz211-e0d6b08b-d632-45ea-a831-1803792352f5-v2

Things have been getting exciting in the Bulk Nutrients lab since the start of the year. We are busy with our Naturals Range which will be flavoured with stevia and Australian fruit powders, we’re putting finishing touches on our fat burner powders and we’ve even found time to redevelop Pre Workout 101. If that isn't enough we could have sworn there was a scent of scrumptious pancakes wafting from the lab...

Look out for teasers posted onFacebook and Instagram. *We've certainly have a bumper few months ahead!

zz211-c5bf7828-7516-4854-862d-66dd52c003a3-v2

After attending Health & Fitness Expos from Sydney to Perth and everywhere in between, we're excited to be involved in the Tasmanian Health & Fitness Expo.

Showcasing CrossFit, Bodybuilding, Boxing, Strongman and a wide range of exhibitors from all over Australia the expo is shaping up to be a great day out.

It is scheduled for March 28th at Princes Wharf, Salamanca in Hobart. We hope to see as many Tasmanians there as possible!

zz211-1a8148cb-738c-4550-89ac-8526ef73344c-v2

Makes 10 thumbprints

Ingredients

• 35g (1/4c) hazelnuts
  • 35g (1/4c) pecans
  • 1tbsp (15g) chia seeds
  • 1tsp honey
  • 1/2tbsp cocoa
  • 1tsp vanilla bean paste
  • 1tbsp choc-hazelnut spread– or alternative nut spread
  • 2tbsp almond milk or water oralternative milk
  • 1 packed scoop of BulkNutrients chocolate WPI or WPC
  • 2tsp melted coconut oil
  • 10g dried cranberries
  • 10 dried cranberries

Directions
[*]Melt coconut oil
[*]Combine nut spread, nuts,honey, seeds, vanilla and cocoa into a food processor and blitz to combine andensure the nuts are well ground
[*]Add remaining ingredients andblitz
[*]Place mix in the fridge forhalf an hour or until reasonably firm
[*]Remove and mould into 10disks
[*]Press a dried cranberry intothe top
[*]Enjoy and store whateverremains in the fridge!

zz211-97996ab9-fdc7-4a77-93dd-9f1671b03a46-v2

zz211-5bd1b9cd-2d47-4731-a6fa-4d0ee0e035ca-v2

If you are following us on social media, then you may seen some photos of the Bulk Nutrients staff gym over the last 12 months. Like most things at Bulk HQ, it's rapidly evolving and the latest incarnation has a CrossFit area complete with kettlebells, fixed barbells and other assorted gear.

We've also added some kiddies play equipment, because all champions had to move from the playground at some point... we're just trying to make that transition as easy as possible!

Oh I like that recipe very much [MENTION=10497]Bulk Nutrients[/MENTION];, thanks muchly I must try.

And can you open one of then gyms up in Perth as well I would like to train at BN cause it looks really dandy. thanks so much x

Oh I like that recipe very much @Bulk Nutrients ;, thanks muchly I must try.

And can you open one of then gyms up in Perth as well I would like to train at BN cause it looks really dandy. thanks so much x

Cheers mate.
That's just our gym in the factory where staff can workout during their breaks or before and after work (no excuses with a gym at your work place, right?)

Any customer of ours that's ever in Tassie, just come by, knock on our door and come take a look. You're more than welcome. :)

[MENTION=10497]Bulk Nutrients[/MENTION] ; Hey mate, didn't know where else to ask. At the moment I have been 50-50 mixing casein and WPC. Looking at the protein matrix, what is the benefits of one versus the other. Is the mix ratio 33/33/33? Confuses me a bit due to my understanding of MPI is that is essentially a mix of casein 80% and 20% WPI.

@Bulk Nutrients ; Hey mate, didn't know where else to ask. At the moment I have been 50-50 mixing casein and WPC. Looking at the protein matrix, what is the benefits of one versus the other. Is the mix ratio 33/33/33? Confuses me a bit due to my understanding of MPI is that is essentially a mix of casein 80% and 20% WPI.

Hi,

Without confusing you further and keeping it simple, if you like to "blend" your proteins by mixing WPC and Casein together, Protein Matrix+ already does this for you. It's $2 more than WPC (1kg price) so this may be of benefit to you seeing as you are mixing the two already.
Milk Protein Isolate is 100% Micellar Casein. The two mean the same thing.

Hey bulk nutrients what happened to your cookies and cream WPI flavor ? I place an order a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't available for selection

Hi,

Without confusing you further and keeping it simple, if you like to "blend" your proteins by mixing WPC and Casein together, Protein Matrix+ already does this for you. It's $2 more than WPC (1kg price) so this may be of benefit to you seeing as you are mixing the two already.
Milk Protein Isolate is 100% Micellar Casein. The two mean the same thing.

Thanks for the reply. I am putting it down to this, mixing it myself costs $62 for 2kg compared to $55.20. Just wondering how close it is to my mix ratio for 7 bucks difference.

Here is one of the links where I got the casein vs mpi being different things from

"Casein, which forms the curd when manufacturers separate milk, contains nearly pure protein in the form of casein, while whole milk contains fats and sugars in addition to casein and whey. Milk protein isolate, like whole milk, contains both casein and whey. Milk protein isolate has a protein content of 90 percent or more, as opposed to casein, which is 100 percent protein. Because milk contains more casein than whey, milk protein isolate will also contain a higher percentage of casein than whey. Casein digests more slowly than whey, so it will stay in your stomach longer. Whey digests more quickly but doesn't digest as completely as casein."
http://www.livestrong.com/article/555587-casein-vs-milk-protein-isolate/

Hey bulk nutrients what happened to your cookies and cream WPI flavor ? I place an order a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't available for selection

Hi,
I can see it available on our website.
Two weeks ago it may have just been out of stock temporarily.

Thanks for the reply. I am putting it down to this, mixing it myself costs $62 for 2kg compared to $55.20. Just wondering how close it is to my mix ratio for 7 bucks difference.

Here is one of the links where I got the casein vs mpi being different things from

"Casein, which forms the curd when manufacturers separate milk, contains nearly pure protein in the form of casein, while whole milk contains fats and sugars in addition to casein and whey. Milk protein isolate, like whole milk, contains both casein and whey. Milk protein isolate has a protein content of 90 percent or more, as opposed to casein, which is 100 percent protein. Because milk contains more casein than whey, milk protein isolate will also contain a higher percentage of casein than whey. Casein digests more slowly than whey, so it will stay in your stomach longer. Whey digests more quickly but doesn't digest as completely as casein."
http://www.livestrong.com/article/555587-casein-vs-milk-protein-isolate/

Protein Matrix+ is quite an even mix of WPI, WPC and Casein.
Additionally you have Leucine and Glutamine added as well as lactase enzyme to help digest lactose.

Huge news sponsoring the Brumbies - would be great to get some player profiles on the supplements they use etc

Huge news sponsoring the Brumbies - would be great to get some player profiles on the supplements they use etc

Good suggestion. I'd imagine a lot of Recuper8 would be used in our range.
How Gatorade / Powerade should have come out.

I'll pass it on to the team. Thanks.

Good suggestion. I'd imagine a lot of Recuper8 would be used in our range.
How Gatorade / Powerade should have come out.

I'll pass it on to the team. Thanks.

Good stuff - would be interested to see training, diet, supps they use etc.....only so many bodybuilding diets, training etc you can read about haha