• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Grunta

Packing a Huge Member
Has anyone purchased a metal detector or own one?
My kids are breaking my chops for one and I don't know anything about them.
Do these $120 eBay jobs work or are they useless and need to go closer to $1000 for it to work?
Considering how many kunce were at the beach yesterday, might not be a bad idea.

haven't looked too much into them , but the cheap one's pretty much work upto a certain depth
a metal detector works by the coil working on a frequency and metal interferes with the signal thus creating the noise you hear
a cheap one will still find shit for you

Has anyone purchased a metal detector or own one?
My kids are breaking my chops for one and I don't know anything about them.
Do these $120 eBay jobs work or are they useless and need to go closer to $1000 for it to work?
Considering how many kunce were at the beach yesterday, might not be a bad idea.
Aldi have them for $100 at the moment.

You pay for what you get!!

I was talking to a guy who ran the tours of the Bald Hill Mine at Hill End who said he hadn't even pulled out enough gold to payback the price of his metal detector he paid for almost 10 years ago. I never asked how expensive it was but ppl pay $1000's to still strike it rich.

When I was working next to an oval in Camden, after the ahows packed up, people were straight out there with their detectors looking for coins that had been dropped during the course of the show.

You pay for what you get!!
You always do, but don't always get what you pay for. Grasshopper...

I was talking to a guy who ran the tours of the Bald Hill Mine at Hill End who said he hadn't even pulled out enough gold to payback the price of his metal detector he paid for almost 10 years ago.
That seems to fly in the face of sound investment practices...

show-me-ROI.jpeg

Lol, it's something I'll buy, use once and have to make room for it the garage.

haven't looked too much into them , but the cheap one's pretty much work upto a certain depth
a metal detector works by the coil working on a frequency and metal interferes with the signal thus creating the noise you hear
a cheap one will still find shit for you

Thanks Perfect, it's exactly what I needed to know, just need it to pick up some coins in the beach sand that I will drop and cover and kids will think they struck it rich.

Are they really that dumb?

Its not as if I'm going to plant it there while they look, sorta walk in front with coins in my pocket, drop one here and there while they dig or not watching and cover with my foot.
Keep the excitement up, that's all.

Its not as if I'm going to plant it there while they look, sorta walk in front with coins in my pocket, drop one here and there while they dig or not watching and cover with my foot.
Keep the excitement up, that's all.
Yeah my grandfather did this t my mum and then later with us grand kids, but he used to draw a treasure map as well...

had a metal detector as a kid when i was around 10, it was nothing special a dick smith job that my dad got for me as he used to always do his shopping at dse
it was good fun , never did strike it rich but found a few bucks here and there , most likely planted there by my dad

Some time back I did a job for a company who made them. From what I remember, the more you pay the better the ability for the detector to differentiate between a rusty bottle cap and a krugerrand. Digging 20 holes to find 20 rusty nails can get a bit thin in the excitement department.

Some time back I did a job for a company who made them. From what I remember, the more you pay the better the ability for the detector to differentiate between a rusty bottle cap and a krugerrand. Digging 20 holes to find 20 rusty nails can get a bit thin in the excitement department.

Yeah, did a bit of reading and with the good ones you know whats there before even digging.

My little one finds money everywhere, last time in vegas she said "look a dollar" then she picked it up and said "its a 100"
I figure with 1 million kunce hitting the beach on a scorcher, you'd find all sorts of exiting shit next day, not neccersairly of huge value, but a least some bragging rights and a story to tell.

I suppose once you find the stuff at the beach etc you will head to the local police station and hand it in??

I believe if it does not get claimed in 30 days you can then keep it.

I'll just leave this here:
Theft by finding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A mate of mine bought a fairly expensive one and used it once, not sure what happened after that I think he sold it on eBay in the end.

I think a cheap one should be fine for the kids unless you want to get into it as well and get serious.