• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Good all round supplement diet

S

stewpyd

Hi all,

Im 23, about 193cm and weigh 88kg.

I have been going to the gym for a couple of years and now want to get serious. I can lift decent enough weight but I am definately not huge. I also do other forms of exercise. My typical roster would be gym 4 times a week, fitness class 2 times a week and a social game of football once a week. Gym includes all the standard exercises, and I pretty much know what I am doing. Fitness classes are focused on running, core strength (sit ups, planks etc), lunges, etc etc.

I am currently taking Rebak creatine monohydrate, redbak WPI, redbak multivitamin and a general fish oil. I take the multi and fish oil once every morning, the WPI after gym sessions and occassionally for breakfast and the creatine before every workout I have (whether its fitness classes, gym or football). I am currently cycling off the creatine though. I take redbak because it is relatively cheap and tastes OK.

So my question to you is, is this a good all round supplement diet? Should I be looking more into CEE's, BCAA's, "No xplode" type products, glutamine etc? Or is this pretty good for my workouts. Should I be getting other brands? I want to get to about 90-91kg by the end of the year whilst still retaining a good level of fitness.

From what I know, what your taking is alright.. but I would seriously follow a more strict diet plan... eating your proteins and carbs at the right time and the right amount for you specifically... Speak to a pro body builder, if their kind enough they'll give you an idea of what to eat, when to eat it, and how much to eat...

Good all round supplement diet... That's an oxymoron

First of all you don't need supplment if you have a good all round diet. Second you are paying to much money for that redback gear when you can bulk from bulk suppliers and save big. Third you take creatine post workout not pre workout no matter what the side of your container says.

If you want to put on weight I would personally drop those cardio days as they are counter productive to your needs. If you want to stay fir barbell complexes or kettle balls do the job.

Supplements you should take
Bcaa's
Creatine monohydrate if you want creatine
Glutamine
Fish oil
Multi v? Only if your diet Lacks in areas to which I would sooner fix the diet then mask it with a multi v.
(these can all be purchased from no frills suppliers in bulk)

Post your diet and training as supplements won't help you reach your goals if you eat crap and you squat 80kg.

Last edited:
From what I know, what your taking is alright.. but I would seriously follow a more strict diet plan... eating your proteins and carbs at the right time and the right amount for you specifically... Speak to a pro body builder, if their kind enough they'll give you an idea of what to eat, when to eat it, and how much to eat...
Speak to a bodybuilder about how to get a fully sick pump and where to inject yourself. Speak to a nutritionist about your diet. Better yet post your diet for critique as I said and you will be set. Bodybuilders (most) have some of the most unhealthy diets. I would sooner nourish my body perfectly through advice from a nutritionist or some of our own forum experts to increase my bodys ability to run at peak.

if your diet Lacks in areas to which I would sooner fix the diet then mask it with a multi

Hey don't knock my methods man I am a bad eater, except for getting lots of protein mmmmmmmmmmmm. that was serious too.

Also I agree Oxymoron.

Increase your food intake for better results and quality food at that. Lots of protein and lots of vegies, good amounts of mono and saturated fats. Take a HIGH strength fish oil (500mg DHA per tab) and take a lot a day at least 5 to get a good amount of Omega 3's back into your diet. Have a multi v with a good amount of B vitamins and maybe a greens powder. These are all just health additions to keep you living longer not getting bigger though. Lots of food: meat, milk etc will get you big.