• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Weekly Training Thread

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Post your training for this past week. Provide any context you find helpful like what you're training for and what your previous weeks have been like. Feel free to comment on other people's training.

4 sessions per week now. Was on twice per week maintenance training for most of the year.

Day 1: high bar squats, power cleans, high pull +/- banded box squats

Day 2: no lifting; practical pistol or shotgun practice, recovery on OTO vibration machine, stretching

Day 3: bench, upright row, ohp, seated row (sometimes substitute dips and bent over rows)

Day 4: no lifting; same activities as for Day 2 +/- horse bush riding

Day 5: high bar or front squat, high pulls, 3 position pulls, speed deadlifts with bands

Day 6: no lifting; same activities as day 2.

Day 7: restart at day 3.

I do a 3 day split, one day off.

day 1 legs: Step ups, lunges or squats, leg extensions, leg curls, hypers, seated calfs, standing calfs.

day 2: military press, bench press, flies or dips, overhead tricep press or close gip bench, tricep extensions, situps or crunches

day 3: front lat pulldowns, cable rows, machine rows, dumbbell or barbell curls, reverse curls.

Walk 20-30min every day.

Sprints 1-2 times per week.

This week's training hasn't even started. Was at a festival Fri, Sat and Sun and I am still completely wiped.
Had to take Monday and Tuesday off work.

tumblr_inline_mklikmE8tG1qz4rgp.jpg

Monday: AM - 5.5km run
PM - Strength (A) - Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Dips
Tuesday: Boxing 30mins
Wednesday: Am - 5.5km run
PM - Strength (B)- Squat, Shoulder Press, Row, Chinups
Thursday: Hill Sprints
Friday: Bas Rutten All round workout
Saturday: Am - All terrain run 4km (Off road with lots of hills)
PM - Strength (A) - Squat, Bench, Dead Lift, Dips

Rotate strength A and B the following weeks.

I do a 3 day split, one day off.

day 1 legs: Step ups, lunges or squats, leg extensions, leg curls, hypers, seated calfs, standing calfs.

day 2: military press, bench press, flies or dips, overhead tricep press or close gip bench, tricep extensions, situps or crunches

day 3: front lat pulldowns, cable rows, machine rows, dumbbell or barbell curls, reverse curls.

Walk 20-30min every day.

Sprints 1-2 times per week.
I am doing basically this. Good workout and I like the reduced frequency for injury avoidance now I'm recovering from one.

Planned training this week is -

Monday - Cardio
Tuesday - Back/Cardio
Wednesday - Chest/cardio AM - CARDIO PM
Thursday - Cardio (AM and PM
Friday - Cardio (AM and PM)
Saturday - Legs/Cardio AM - Shoulders/cardio PM
Sunday - Arms/Cardio AM - Cardio PM

*** Was going to train (weights) today/tomorrow but I am needing to focus more on cardio for the next couple of days just to get things moving with my weight.

*** Will try and start training somethings twice a week which I think need more focus

^^^ Getting ready for festival season I see.

Trying a new 5-day split routine this week. Each workout takes about an hour. No cardio at the moment.

Mon: Full body.
Tue: Quads/Glutes.
Wed: Back, Traps, Abs.
Thu: Chest, Shoulders.
Fri: Hamstrings, Calves.
Sat: Biceps, Triceps, Forearms.
Sun: Rest.

My general plan - subject to variation depending on other obligations, and how I feel:

Saturday or Sunday - heavy squats and bench, chin-ups
Tuesday - arms, shoulders
Thursday - front squats, volume &/or incline bench, chin-ups

Monday - OFF
Tuesday - PM/Cardio (1 n 1/2 hours)
Wednesday - Back/Cardio/AM > Cardio/PM
Thursday - Shoulders/Cardio/PM Cardio
Friday - Legs/Chest/Cardio
Saturday - 2 x Cardio/2x Weights (Back/Shoulders)
Sunday - 1 x Weights/2 x Cardio (Guns)