• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Girl wanting to get toned.

B

brandi

hey i am around 5'3 58kg and i was wondering how i could lose weight and get toned...i want to be able to bench like 50kgor so and i really wanna get toned so you can see my muscle...but i think i need to lose some weight first and i was wondering what a good diet plan is....i wanna lose like 12-15 pounds...but then i wanna put on muscle...so if you could please give me a good eating plan and workout plan that'd be great...also how soon do u think i could lose this weight...i play basketball...and i have practice everyday for like 2 hours..but i don't eat right...so if you could help me out that'd be great..thanks

Given that you're playing basketball so much, you should be able to lose all the bodyfat you want to get rid of just by lowering the number of calories your consuming. Begin by counting the current amount that you're eating; lower that number by 300-500 calories from the amount needed to maintain your current weight and weigh yourself once or twice each week (don't weigh yourself daily because weight from consuming water can be gained or lost too easily).
-FYI: You will not be able to gain any significant amount of muscle while on a diet, and to maximize your muscle gains, you should avoid such long periods of playing sports (basketball will especially stunt any increase in bench press strength since the triceps and shoulders are used so much in basketball, and since those same muscles need to be well-rested for an optimal bench press). But, you should focus on losing bodyfat first and then focus on gaining muscle.

I am on the same team as brandi... want to get toned but not bulky and reduce about 5 pounds.

I have the following diet plan:

Breakfast - 6:30 AM, Wheat bread, milk, yogurt or cereal with skim milk

8:30 - 9:00 Jogging ( only Mon, tues, wed, thurs, friday)

10:00 AM - fruit snack

1:00 PM lunch (Steamed veggies, raw carrots and cucumber beans/chicken, rice on the side)

4:00 fruit snack ( Apple/ orange/ cantaloupe/peach/plum/Banana...)

6:00 Dinner( Wheat bread, rice, veggies and chicken/egg whites/fish)

9:00 ab workout and dumbells at home( only wed, friday and sunday)

10:00 Milk

and ofcourse more than 8 glasses of water throughout the day. No soda, no alcohol, no sugar in coffee.

But I am sure I am not doing it right since I am continuing at the same weight for the last few months and of course can't see or feel the muscles yet

I can't change my workout schedule 'cos I have too many things to take care of at home.. a kid, cooking... you know a working mother...

If you have any suggestions for me as well then please respond..