• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

boot camps and permits

Ironclad Oz

So i'm a PT and moving to Aus in around 5-6 weeks. I've had some interest from a few people who run boot camps early mornings/evenings etc as me being one of their trainers. I'm fine with this, i kinda like the idea actually but ive beenn reading online about alot of trainers getting hassle from locals about their classes. I understand you need a permit at a cost of around 250 bucks a year, but this isnt going to stop you getting hassle from locals surely? i mean if they dont want you there they will be giving you grief even if you have the permit wont they? do they?

has anyone got any experience with this

They will if you setup next to a family bbq or birthday party, pick your time and places with a bit of common sense and you should be fine,

It's pretty common, I can't see it being a problem. Plenty of room for everyone. Yes a lot of councils require a permit.

What's the public liability insurance costs for these sorts of set ups.
What if one of ur clients twists an ankle under one of your classes but on council parkland?
David vs Goliath?

What's the public liability insurance costs for these sorts of set ups.
What if one of ur clients twists an ankle under one of your classes but on council parkland?
David vs Goliath?

some good points, must be a really stupid PT to set up an outdoor fitness class next to a BBQ are at 1700-2000......

I beleive that because they are under instruction the insurance would come under your own PT insurance for public indemnity/liablilty insurance that is required along with registration with fitness australia or physical activity australia to work in the industry.

It's a strange one i think i can understand why people would get annoyed in certain areas and certain times of the day