• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Bodybuilding Exercise : Chest

B

biftek

The desire for a bigger, better-developed chest is perhaps the greatest motivator for men to strength train. It somehow symbolizes heroism and male virility. Women, too, can benefit from chest training. Although it won't increase the size of your breasts (they are mostly fat tissue), it will create the appearance of a fuller and more shapely chest.

Strong chest muscles are advantageous in many sports. These muscles are involved in all forward and upward-reaching actions �e.g. in rugby tackling and grabbing an opponent- and are also used in throwing and hitting movements - e.g. during forehand drives in tennis and squash; when throwing the ball overhead in netball, basketball and volleyball; and throwing the discus, shot-put and javelin. A strong chest is also advantageous in swimming (breaststroke) and several gymnastic disciplines.

Exercises for your Chest .

Barbell Bench Press.-Target Area - Pectoralis major (mid chest).,Also used Anterior deltoids, Triceps
Dumbbell Bench Press.-Target Area - Pectoralis major (mid chest),Also used Anterior deltoids, Triceps.
Incline Barbell Bench Press.-Target Area - Pectoralis major (upper chest), Also used Anterior deltoids, Triceps, Pectoralis major.
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press..-Target Area - Pectoralis major (upper chest),Also used Anterior deltoids, Triceps, Pectoralis major.
Pec Dec Flye.-Target Area -Pectoralis major (mid chest), Also used Anterior deltoids, Pectoralis minor.
Cable Cross-over-Target Area -Pectoralis major (mid chest), Also used Anterior deltoids.

Massive chest

What worked for me...
Went on a massive Bulk (6months)
Got MAssive pecs but with a little extra fat
WEnt on a 2 Month Cut
Fat Dissapeared...
end result
Ripped PECS

but i rekon thats how long it takes... and lots of hard work
and a good bulking diet

goodluck

What's considered a good bulking diet? Just starting to take my diet more serious and could do with some help especially when I'm struggling with my chest.

meaning links?

you can google and find out - heres some links.

munfitnessblog.com/chest-workout-4-decline-bench-press/]Chest Workout (4) - Decline Bench Press by MunFitnessBlog.Com

shapefit.com/chest-exercises-decline-dumbbell-bench-press.html]Chest Exercises - Decline Dumbbell Bench Press

heres one that states mid/lower but when your doing decline bench press you can feel/see your lower peck muscles contracting also

I don't know how else I can prove it lol

wide grip dips are also a good lower peck workout.

What i mean is that the pec insertion just under the scalpula will take the load regardless of the position of your arm, meaning you cannot isolate lower, middel or upper chest, it's myth. Incline will will bring the fron delt into play more.

0199210896_pectoral_1.jpg

ISOLATING THE PECS IS A MYTH IMO.

Yes, trying to isolate the upper pecs doing inclined bench presses I see my front delts work a lot and start looking as if I did delts routine

Oh well then it's just the shape of your pecs, nothing you can do, your muscles are as individual as your face.

I only do bench press. I want the burning feeling in my pecs and bench press doesn't do this for me. Should I try the peck deck machine?

for a good pump pec dec is good,
for a burn as mentioned 20+ rep benches fast

decline db presses if you want to feel like you have pushed yourself.
you can usually push more in a decline than a flat bench.
weighted dips are also a good work out, lean forward a tad.

Thanks Shrek and trofius. I don't think I am getting full muscle recruitment on my bench press, I need to feel out all the peck muscles to be abled to mentally activate them.

Do you mentally concentrate and tense you peck muscles when doing the bench?