• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PayPal’s incoming CEO once spent 24 hours living on the streets

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
The soon-to-be CEO of PayPal once spent 24 hours living on the streets of New York to better understand the lives of the homeless.

Dan Schulman wrote in The New York Times in 2009 that his company, Virgin Mobile, supported a non-profit organisation called StandUp for Kids.
Run by Rick Koca, the non-profit distributes survival kits and a hotline number to homeless teenagers.
Koca suggested that he and Schulman ditch their money, cell phones and homes for a day to learn about the people StandUp for Kids works with.
Schulman, dressed in dirty clothes and, sporting a week-long beard, didn’t think he’d have a problem begging for food due to his sales background.
This was anything but the case.

He wrote, “No one paid attention to me on the street. I consider myself a good communicator and a good salesman. It took me five hours of begging to raise less than a dollar.”
Schulman walked two miles to find a cup of coffee for a quarter and slept on concrete in a deserted skate park.
He added, “Being out on the street was a life-altering experience. If more people would get involved, we could all be a powerful force for change.”
Schulman will become the CEO of PayPal, currently valued at $6.6 billion, when the company splits from eBay in 2015.
BizJournals reports that if there’s any change the 56-year-old is focused on now, it’s expanding PayPal’s 20 per cent growth rate.

big fucking deal , so the tosser spent 24hrs living on the streets to better understand ? what the fuck is 24hrs going to do? fuck me and that shit makes headlines , fucking tossers

You can survive 3 weeks without food I think it is? Going camping for a day isn't such a big deal.

It is a nothing news story that of course would of simply been put forward by the marketing team as I would guess a marketing campaign based around the new CEO to launch himself into the new role - honestly he prob wouldn't of even been aware the story was being released lol....

wow.

24 whole hours as a homeless person can give a man plenty of perspective.

Should name a humanitarian award after that guy.

24 hours homeless. You can do that any weekend in the city. Drink all day, go out at night stumble back at 7 am. Bang 24 hours homeless. Big deal.

I wonder if he had to resort to giving other bums blow jobs for food.

The time is less of an issue than the fact that he could go back to his home at any time. Genuinely homeless people can't. It's like being on a rollercoaster then saying you have an insight into falling off a tall building. You don't, because you were safe the whole time.