• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best place to do cert 4 fitness?

J

JMF1011

Trainers on this forum, who did you do your cert 4 through? Who would you recommend? Who's good, who's not? Pros and cons? I'm looking at doing mine, I'll be doing it via correspondence because I work full time.
Thanks in advance.

Not exactly sure whether it's the Kellogs corn flakes or rice bubbles packets, maybe even fruit loops, sorry really can't remember.

Not exactly sure whether it's the Kellogs corn flakes or rice bubbles packets, maybe even fruit loops, sorry really can't remember.

So how do you suggest some one becomes a qualified PT? Agreed there are a lot of dumb ass PTs who think they know everything because they have a 6 pack, an instagram account and have done Cert 4, but its essential to get work(cert 4 that is not a 6 pack and the instagram account), get registered and get insurance in the industry as a PT.

To the OP, sorry i can't be of much hel mate on where to do your Cert 4 as i did mine in the UK. But what i will say is if you ask this same question in a group on facebook called 'the education of a fitness professional' they will give you a good answer, the guy who runs it is an Aussie and there a few Aussies ont here too.

A good PT needs to be able to walk the walk aswell as talk the talk, this doesnt mean you have to look like Ryan Terry or Zyzz. It means you have to be able to educate your clients with the most effective training styles, types and nutrition to reach their specific goals. This you will learn from experience and talking to other PT's, the Cert just gives you an 'in' into the industry

I did mine through an Institute of Technology, which is what TAFEs call themselves when they want to look and feel more intellectual than TAFE. There are plenty of shorter courses through private colleges, but they generally cost more, and the quality of the education given is...questionable. I remember, back while I was doing my Cert IV and Diploma, being told that at AIF the subject on exercise programming basically showed them a program, and then got the students to write the program back to the assessor. That's equivalent to teaching someone the PTC beginners program in the stickies, and asking them to recall the program, and if they can, saying they know how to program. Naturally, the real test of a trainer's ability to program begins in their understanding of why a given program works and their ability to change things to accommodate different needs.

My Cert IV was 1 year full time, face-to-face. To do the same course part-time and via correspondence could be 18-24 months. Again, you can do much shorter courses, but I couldn't tell you which ones are worth it.