• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

RIP Robin Williams

kaz

iLift
Deserves his own thread....

nevu8age.jpg

I've known a few people that have suffered, some still battle this disease, some gave up.

“If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.

Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.”

Stephen Fry.

I've known a few people that have suffered, some still battle this disease, some gave up.

“If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.

Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.”

Stephen Fry.
makes you wonder though, the people that "really" do have it bad continue to plough on, yet someone (not singling out Robin) who seems to be blessed with all the good things can't cope. It defies logic really.

My thoughts too Shrek...it does make me wonder how so many who seem to have it all can be feeling depressed. I certainly feel Robin had an illness, and he was a great person but a lot of the stuck up celebrities I find hard to have sympathy for...

Well, their public persona would be quite different to what's behind closed doors, wouldn't it? If a person is chronically depressed doing anything is a chore - even getting out of bed as the thoughts and feelings lean towards the 'why bother? just curl up and die lol' mentality. If there are external problems to deal with eg finances, marital etc then that problem is magnified a thousandfold, through the lens of a depressed one.
When I endure periods of severe depression I don't walk around and mope with tears running down my face. I still smile, joke a lot and talk with people, but deep inside I'd feel like the absolute pits and dream of ploughing into the nearest tree on my drive home. Nothing/no-one can console me until I willingly apply mindfulness and work through whatever issue(s) are bothering me.

There is kunce out there half deaf, with one eye, hobbling around on one leg in a shithole of a country with no future prospects but certain poverty and hunger for the rest of their miserable shitty life and they deal with it every day.
We're ALL fuken lucky. That's all I'm saying kunce.

Last edited:
Well, their public persona would be quite different to what's behind closed doors, wouldn't it? If a person is chronically depressed doing anything is a chore - even getting out of bed as the thoughts and feelings lean towards the 'why bother? just curl up and die lol' mentality. If there are external problems to deal with eg finances, marital etc then that problem is magnified a thousandfold, through the lens of a depressed one.
When I endure periods of severe depression I don't walk around and mope with tears running down my face. I still smile, joke a lot and talk with people, but deep inside I'd feel like the absolute pits and dream of ploughing into the nearest tree on my drive home. Nothing/no-one can console me until I willingly apply mindfulness and work through whatever issue(s) are bothering me.

Respect for sharing that jungman

Thanks Jungman...I mean no disrespect to those that suffer from it, as I've been side by side with a close friend with severe depression in the past.
I think that spoilt celebrities with make believe issues have ruined it for people like Robin Williams who may have found it harder to find support because of his high status...

Depression isn't caused by what's happening around you or your circumstances, it's not a choice, it's not about about how you feel or how much money you have or how many friends you have.
It comes from deep within, it's involuntary and you don't choose it any more than you would having cancer or any other severe illness.
it's like being forced to live in a concrete box and you would do anything to get out.

Exactly, people ask what's wrong, and often the sufferer doesn't know that answer...

Sadly brilliance often goes hand in hand with walking the black dog. I'm not that brilliant and my dog is always near.

So it seems his wife has come out and made a statement and she said he had early stages of Parkinson disease aswell which probably would of made the depression that much worse.

it is always sad for me when someone who has brought laughter and enjoyment to your life dies.

I got recently diagnosed as having an anxiety disorder due to stress from the actions of my last employer. While I am now taking court action and can deal with my heath situation, I can understand how easily it would be for any of us to cross the line into severe depression.