• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

is a career in fitness worth it

kyronE

finishing school last year i'm stuck with were i want to go in life. as fitness has always been a passion and something i would love to do i thought i'd ask is it worth it are pt jobs easy to come back and also institute or tafe but i did have been studying fitness in my own time for awhile to help with my own training

while pt/fitness is a saturated market , but as with anything unless you are an early adopter there is going to be a shitload of competitors
the first thing you need to do is research your area and see what is lacking and where you can pick things up

Yup. Very saturated market as it is easy to get in. Anyone can be a 'pt'. I'M a pt and that should scare you. haha.

It can take a while to establish yourself, as with any new career, but if you are truly passionate about it as a career, it will show and you should attract clients.

I see pt's all the time and can very quickly establish who is worth the $$ and who's just regurgitating the same ol chit.

i was thinking of using pt as a gateway job then branch off into something else fitness wise. and with being a pt which is better being a private pt or a gym pt

Dude I did my pt course with landed a job on a cruise ship...

Kunt.

All I've had to put up with on his fb pages is seeing him with arms around hot young gals in every port.

Done the Mediterranean, Mexico, Caribbean, Canada/Alaska.

Got bored with that and moved onto event management on the ships e.g. setting up parties etc..

Dream job for some.

As I met my now wife on the same course, I have not had a need for a working set of genetalia for some years now so the jealousy has somewhat subsided.

As a career? I'd say no. Choose wisely and you you'll be able to easily afford your own PT rather than being one.

that job sounds to good to be true

how long did it take you to land a job

I know right? I shit you not :

983586_10151877298527355_88160106_n.jpg

He's a happy go lucky kid and we got on well. Doesn't mean I can't live a little vicariously through his fb once and a while

He lucked out man.

Straight outta the gate from our course. But I would tell you that would be a pretty rare occurrence!

I only took a couple of clients after the course. Soon realised it wasn't for me and I wasn't going to set the world on fire.

It's not for everyone, but if you're young with time up your sleeve and don't mind working your way up, it could be for you.

Hey, that's Cesars in Vegas, I've pissed in that pool............several times.

Fitness awareness has evolved in the last decade and I think that more and more people are considering to be more conscious on their health. By this, the need for fitness experts would also increase so yeah I could say that fitness as a career is not a bad idea. However as some have already mentioned, you might face some difficulty early on because of competitors but hey if you love what you are doing and if it's your passion, I am pretty sure that you will find your place in your chosen career.