• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need advice. Certificate 3 fitness...????

D

dee89

Hey everyone!

I know this question gets asked heaps but I'm wanting to do my certificate three in fitness. Have no clue where to go or if it's good to do it online or in class...help!

I'm from Melbourne, work 5 days a week. I consider myself a very fit girl. I train 7 days a week. Live, breathe a healthy lifestyle.

I've heard mixed reviews on lots of institutes especially AIF.
I don't want to be a personal trainer. I just want it obtain my certificate three so I can become a fitness instructor. I'd rather much teach a class. I think I have enough personal experience to help me get a job at a gym. Certificates are just a piece of paper...

Would love to hear your thoughts and recommendations.

Much appreciated,
Dee

Most pieces of paper you get are not worth the paper they are written on, however, they are a requirement to get a job, so if you need it then you go and get one...

Cert 3 would be the place to start i bet. Once you get it you can get out and start networking to the gyms, have a chat to the managers etc.

wyn.edu.au

There you'll find the people who taught me, on the cert iii/iv side, anyway. They know their shit.

Keep your mind open about what you'll do as a trainer at whatever level. If nothing else, remember that as a group fitness instructor you'll only work 3-8 hours a week. You just can't do more than that, the classes aren't there to teach and anyway you'd be exhausted and get injured. Adding in gym floor hours and personal training will boost it up a bit. Part-time efforts will get part-results.

Hey everyone!

I know this question gets asked heaps but I'm wanting to do my certificate three in fitness. Have no clue where to go or if it's good to do it online or in class...help!

I'm from Melbourne, work 5 days a week. I consider myself a very fit girl. I train 7 days a week. Live, breathe a healthy lifestyle.

I've heard mixed reviews on lots of institutes especially AIF.
I don't want to be a personal trainer. I just want it obtain my certificate three so I can become a fitness instructor. I'd rather much teach a class. I think I have enough personal experience to help me get a job at a gym. Certificates are just a piece of paper...

Would love to hear your thoughts and recommendations.

Much appreciated,
Dee

similar situation here. i was hoping to do it through a TAFE course rather than any of the fitness institutes but im having a lot of trouble finding anywhere in the western suburbs of melbourne to do this. so far i can only find chisolm & kangan which are way over the other side. The online courses seem to be a hell of a lot of money for something im just looking to dip my toes into....

You either want to do it, or you don't. An obstacle or two in the way helps you decide if you're really interested in reaching that destination.

Check out OTEN website. Its TAFE courses by correspondence. I dont know anything about personal training career path but my 2 cents is try to enroll into a cert IV or diploma because they usually give you advance standing for uni degrees (wont have to do full degree). More relevant to non HSC people i guess because cert III is not considered for uni entry. just putting it out in case its relevant.

Last edited: