• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

skinny boy needs help

N

nash

Hi my names sam and I'm a lanky 17 year old.
I need help with my work out I'm trying to gain some mass basically on the whole torso (mainly the arms) here are some stats:

height: 180cm
weight: 60 kg (136 pounds)
Diet: no set diet

It would help if someone could give me a set diet and a workout program.

count the amount of calories you eat in a normal day, boost it by 500 calories. Eat high protein / low fat foods, (tuna,chicken,turkey,lean meat,peanut butter, egg whites,etc) Try to take in at least 1gram of protein per body lb. Eat 5-6 meals a day.

Try this for your workout routine...

monday - triceps/shoulders
tuesday -off
wednesday - biceps/back
thursday - off
Friday - chest
saturday -legs
sunday -off

i like to try to keep my workouts around 40 to 50 mintues,

what kinda equipment do u got? or gym access?

Ive got a set of dumbells with weights up to 15 kg (36 lb) at home as well as a pool. I've also got access to my schools gym but its extreamly hard to get to there with all the study

so I've set myself down for the following:

10kg dumbells curls (5 x 100reps)
sit ups (5 x 70reps)
2 x 1km (jog/run)

I have no idea about other exercises, how to do them or the parts of the body that they exercise so I need help pretty badly.

Also do you think that I should get some protein bars or shakes?

5x100 reps is WAY to much.. you need to do it more heavy.. but can you really do 100 reps with 10kg with correct form? i dont think i would be able to do that:p

Here is my diet at the present time:

Breakfast:
All bran with banana

Lunch:
Sandwhiches, sausage with onions, sausage roll or pizza.

Diner:
could be anything.

I have various things to snack on through the day and alot of the time I'll by somthing from a cornerstore for lunch after I've gone surfing with my friends.
Anyway if some one could give me a set diet to stick to because I have no idea and could someone give me some advise on protein sups as well?

1) Diet = important. Eat 5-8 meals a day, and snack all the time. If you are skinny you more than likely have a high metabolism. Eat eat eat.

2) Training - try to do reps between 8-12 per set. So for curls try 3 sets of 8 with enough wieght that it is difficult and see how it feels. Remember to work your legs, they are your biggest muscles and will help your gains. Squats, deadlifts, etc.

3) Try to get your protien intake up. At your weight shoot for about 150-175g of protein (just my opinion) to start with and see how it works for you. You need a good amount of clean carbs in there, and do not neglect your fats (Omega's).

Try to provide as much info as possible for the guys here. Height, weight, calories, what you have access too, what your goals are, etc etc. There is a wealth of knowledge on these boards and you can often find a lot of it through the search tool, but posting exact info will spur the guru's to offer up more advice and suggestions.