• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CrossFit - The Fittest Woman in the World: Thor's Daughter

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
"I decided I wanted to give CrossFit a chance, and I'm really glad I did," Annie Thorisdottir says. "I think it couldn't have turned out any better. Really happy with it."

Join filmmaker Sevan Matossian as he captures the 2011 Reebok CrossFit Games winner Annie Thorisdottir back at her Iceland box, CrossFit BC Island. She reveals more about herself as an athlete and coach.

Thorisdottir credits her background as a gymnast for much of her success in CrossFit. She started coaching gymnastics at age 15 and has been coaching CrossFit for almost two years.

In addition to her fitness pursuits, Thorisdottir is also a full-time student studying chemistry.

"I wanna study medicine—I just haven't had time for it," she says.

Thorisdottir has been even busier since returning to Iceland.

"After the Games this year, like everybody in Iceland knows what CrossFit is," she says. In fact, the popularity of the sport means she has even had to turn down new clients due to lack of space.

Thorisdottir says her routine is to train twice a day, with gymnastics, mobility and technique in the morning and strength, heavier technique and met-cons in the afternoon. She also shares info on her nutrition and her supplemental training, which periodically includes yoga.

"I'm excited about next year, and I'm excited about competing next year," Thorisdottir says. "I wanna win, of course, but it's always the thing: you're getting better, everybody else is getting better—you never know."