• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oilucy

My gym is a pretty friendly and social place.
Like many people, I generally go there at the same time on the same days and have made a few new friends - both male and female. A couple of the girls and I are now really good friends. There are also a couple of guys that I'm friends with, one in particular, but the others I just say hi and occasionally have a quick chat. This guy normally works out near me and we have longer slightly more personal conversations, more in line with what the girls and I do.
At first I was a little cautious (I've had a couple of guys try and crack onto me in the past) - I am extremely happily married with a wonderful husband. That said I am a pretty down to earth and social person and don't want to assume for a minute that every guy in the gym that is nice enough to stop for a chat is trying to crack on to me, because that is simply not the case! And I like talking to people and making new friends.
Anyway, this guy asked me if I was married a couple of weeks ago and I said yes. He then said he hoped I wouldn't think he was being too personal but was trying to come to terms with the whole marriage thing and asked if I was honestly happy in my relationship, did I think of DH during the day, were they happy thoughts, how long had I been married etc etc. I was slightly in shock but answered honestly to all of his questions with yes, yes and yes. I said that DH & I get on very well and love spending time together. I didn't ask too many questions about his separation though explained a few things about my first marriage which ended in divorce and about how different and happy my second marriage is and to keep being positive about the future that many married people are in fact happy.
He apologised again for asking what were such personal questions and I said that was fine I didn't care - cause I really didn't.
We chat as per normal the next few times we were at the gym together and he mentions some singer he likes. This morning he brings the CD in and lends it to me.
Now this is all cool but I'm feeling a teeny bit funny about the whole thing. If it were in the reverse, I don't know what I would think if some random girl at the gym lent my DH a CD! That said, I would lend any of the girls at the gym a CD or vice versa so why should it be any different. But it just feels different. Am I reading too much into it? The CD has songs including "Stay with me", "Leave your Lover", "I've told you now", "Lay me down" and "reminds me of you" on it.
I am comforted by the fact that I been open about my situation and how much I love my husband and so I have nothing to hide or cannot be misconstrued as leading him on.
I just wondered what others thought of the above (guys opinions welcomed!). Would you think he was just being friendly/in need of a friend or is there more to it?
Naturally, I'm not planning on going on a date with him should he ask but I also hope he's not some weirdo stalker either!

Sounds like a stalker to me, I'd be getting a bit freaked out tbh

I may be a bit different to everyone else out there but I don't go to the gym to make friends. I might give a wave or nod to the familiar faces but 99% of the time I'm in the building, my headphones are in. I get in, lift heavy stuff and leave.... With the occasional perve and forum posts between sets of course ;)

He's hitting on you, hello!!!!!!!
And in poor style too, a love CD? WTF? Amateur.

That said I am a pretty down to earth and social person and don't want to assume for a minute that every guy in the gym that is nice enough to stop for a chat is trying to crack on to me, because that is simply not the case!

Um. Er. Cough.

Grow up.

Sorry but what is "DH"?
i took a guess and thought Dh was either Dickhead or darling husband

but yeah quite an amateur move to make , a mix tape is something from the 90's , just give the cd back and say you thought it was crap

Sorry - DH I meant to type H as in husband
Some days I turn up at 9am before I start work and other days if I am running late I turn up at 12pm in my lunch break instead - I've noticed he attends at both times which also got me wondering whether that was being done on purpose....
Ok, well this is now a bit freaky if he is hitting on me. I love my gym (its literally 2 doors down from the office) and the times and days I go suit me perfectly. So I don't want to change gyms. I'm also a pretty "nice" person who hates confrontation so I don't want to tell this guy to get nicked, I'd rather just not have to see him to deal with him full stop.

Tell him your pressed for time and can't chat. He'll get the message. If not he's a dumb kunce.

Um. Er. Cough.

Grow up.

Come on! One guy stopped me last week to tell me he was impressed that I was lifting a 25kg weight whilst doing some hanging back raises - I appreciated the compliment as I'm trying really hard to regularly increase my weights and improve and it actually motivated me that I wasn't as hopeless as I thought. Are you honestly saying that guys that stop and talk are generally making a move?? Whatever happened to just being friendly?!

Most of the time I do wear headphones unless I see the girls I train with there in which I dont as we chat. If I wear them he stops me and asks "what are you listening too today?" - its mostly JJJ type stuff or Skrillex or remixes that he has never heard of....

There's probably a few (way less than 50%) that are genuinely friendly, the rest are hitting on you.
I don't compliment girls in the gym purely to not creep them out... Unless they need saving, then the white knight will step in ;)

It's not us you have to convince, when Ivan Milat knock on your door it's DH you have to convince that you did nothing to give him any ideas.

There's probably a few (way less than 50%) that are genuinely friendly, the rest are hitting on you.
I don't compliment girls in the gym purely to not creep them out... Unless they need saving, then the white knight will step in ;)
That's very considerate of you :)

No problem, the reality is, he is either an amateur or a creep, either way he wants more than a friendly chat, this road does not lead to a happy place.

btw I have many CDs and good wine, if you'd like to come over one Friday night and "borrow" some. ;)

Last edited: