• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My CrossFit Journey

M

marvajohnsonmj

When a few of my friends had started CrossFit functional fitness labs and experienced such positive physical and mental results, I wanted to start up immediately! However, I was hesitant since I had just had a baby 8 weeks prior via C-section, had not worked out at all in two years and had never lifted weights like some of the pictures shown on the website. When I did work out in the past, I had done things like pilates and the elliptical machine, so CrossFit was something that would be completely new and therefore was a bit intimidating to me. I thought CrossFit was for people that were already pretty athletic. My friend that has been going to CrossFit said that she knew the coach for CrossFit and not to worry that he would be supportive and encouraging, so I enrolled into the introductory On Ramp course. For 2 weeks, within a small group of other new people, I worked with Jason, the coach, to learn the basics of CrossFit. I learned most of the lingo, the different moves, how to use the equipment and completed some introductory WODs (“workout of the days”). On Ramp was challenging, especially since I had not worked out in a couple of years, and I felt it, but was definitely worth it. I can’t stress enough how patient and supportive Jason has been throughout this process, which is what I really needed to stay engaged, follow through and finish! It has been a great feeling to go to CrossFit, complete the workouts and feel myself getting stronger each week.

Last edited:
Spam, or troll?

Crossfit is bad enough as it is, but for an unfit person not long after having their guts cut open? 8 weeks is no where near enough time to heal properly.