• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Personal Trainers of Ausbb- what is the most difficult part of your job?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
examples: keeping track of the clients, getting paid, finding new clients?

Personal trainers I've spoken to always say the hardest part is KEEPING their weightloss clients. Most clients are unmotivated, and you need to find their balance of both motivation and support to keep them going, and the difficult thing is some of them can't be pushed or motivated hard enough to get results without feeling like your a hardass, and hating training.

I trained an obese woman lately, and the focus was to find a form of cardio she enjoyed, and a diet she could hold down without it failing in a week and her binge eating again. Seems most people don't have the willpower to maintain a diet now. While discussing diets with her, she actually was intrigued by keto and said she'd give it ago. We tried various different cardio, and some high intensity light weight, it was difficult because everything we tried, she said it hurt. Even walking on the treadmill at 4.5km/hr hurt her knees. Never was able to hear back from her after the first day, and I thought it went pretty well regardless...

Training clients who want to do strength training, powerlifting or bodybuilding in my opinion is easy, but weightloss is almost always difficult.

Getting new clients, if you're working in a mainstream gym, it's not hard. Getting good clients is hard. A good client is likeable, reliable and hardworking. Two out of three will do. 3/3 you should hold them close, love them, and give them extra so they stick around.