• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2014 Federal Budget

S

Stiffy

Anyone up to speed on what Big Ears Tony is gonna do in this years Federal Budget. Sounds like we're all going to cop it???

Last edited:
no idea, but i think you are right that we will all cop it, but i doo think the previous spending waas unviable.....

The cycle of life. Labor Governments increase services and spending. Conservative Governments decrease services and spending.

Gonna be a "Deficit" Levy by the looks of it"

It is believed that taxpayers on $80,000 a year will pay an extra 1 per cent and those earning $180,000 a year or more will pay an extra 2 per cent

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...ear-reports-20140428-zr0zk.html#ixzz30DiOx2LU

yes, politics cycle always with us. Both major parties are important with various strengths and weaknesses. Hopefully coalition can get us back on track to prosper in future decades.

Should be interesting; I am writing a book on Abbott govt's first term so will be interested to see how events play out.

Kunces... I reckon if he's spending billions of $$ on the new fighter jets, we should all get a turn! :p

8q6ZZht.png

Should be interesting; I am writing a book on Abbott govt's first term so will be interested to see how events play out.

Sounds interesting. Be interesting to see if Abbott's second term sees him move more right wing, back to his roots?

My belief is Abbott is more caring and smarter than many give him credit for.

He is just one of those politicians that does not promise to be all things to all people for good reason. There is no way that you can pleas everyone.

Now rudd on the other hand ...

Kunces... I reckon if he's spending billions of $$ on the new fighter jets, we should all get a turn! :p

8q6ZZht.png

good point Goatman. Whats with that. Spending all that cash on those jets while screaming poverty at the same time?

Its fucking bullshit thats what it is.

Buying 50 odd jets when they are already way behind schedule, budgets have been blown out and is one of the worst Gen 5 jets in the sky (when its not grounded) is silly. But then to go spend 16 billion dollars on more of them???

Buying 50 odd jets when they are already way behind schedule, budgets have been blown out and is one of the worst Gen 5 jets in the sky (when its not grounded) is silly. But then to go spend 16 billion dollars on more of them???

Yeah its a bit of Collins Class subs all over again.....

My belief is Abbott is more caring and smarter than many give him credit for.

He is just one of those politicians that does not promise to be all things to all people for good reason. There is no way that you can pleas everyone.

Now rudd on the other hand ...
does not promise to be all things to all people? i guess you missed out on his pre election spins

does not promise to be all things to all people? i guess you missed out on his pre election spins

"No new taxes"

"We will remove the carbon tax"

"We will not change school funding"

"We will not touch Super/pensions"

And i thought JuLIAR was bad... this budget is going to be a laugh

The cycle of life. Labor Governments increase services and spending. Conservative Governments decrease services and spending.

This is it, plus you can also add people will bitch and moan about something no matter who the fuck is in government.

[MENTION=12409]L.P.S.[/MENTION] ;
i like what you say, it is a cycle.

i find it interesting that in an election year, the roads biulding is back on the agenda after two years.

I dont get this either! Theyre talking about (well the media is anyway) taking money off education, the hospitals are always lacking funds, then they spend $16b (i heard 18) on fighter jets. Seriously?

Last edited:
For most people the number in the budget are pretty meaningless as very few people have the right kind of reference point to be able to talk accurately about sums measured in the billions.

Also there is more to running a country that schools and healthcare. They are important but you can hardly just cut everything that is not one of those two items.

I always view anyone who talks about been underfunded with a grain of salt. If you gave them everything they ask for in a few years it would be the same calls of we need more funding as we always want more than we have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=16726]Big Dave[/MENTION]; this is true, no matter what the allocation is to a certain group they will always spend it and want more.

The issue with the fighter jets for me is not so much the spend, as we need new jets, the F111 were retired a few years ago and were about 50yrs old when did retire them and I think were the only country in the world running planes this old, the FA-18 is also way old and need replacing, no matter what plane we decide to replace these with the cost will be in the billions, the question is have we selected the right plane as the replacement, the one we chose from my understanding is a compromise between what we previously had and can fill both roles and the FA-18 and F-111 did different jobs.

We should get some of these :

Kunce with AK's in cessnas... Cheap as chips and you'd get heaps of the phuckers... a veritable flying army = Win/Win :p

@Big Dave ; this is true, no matter what the allocation is to a certain group they will always spend it and want more.

The issue with the fighter jets for me is not so much the spend, as we need new jets, the F111 were retired a few years ago and were about 50yrs old when did retire them and I think were the only country in the world running planes this old, the FA-18 is also way old and need replacing, no matter what plane we decide to replace these with the cost will be in the billions, the question is have we selected the right plane as the replacement, the one we chose from my understanding is a compromise between what we previously had and can fill both roles and the FA-18 and F-111 did different jobs.

Let's hope we get good value from the jets.