• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Good PT's in Adelaide?

R

Rayman

Hi guys, first of all my apologies for posting this sort of thread up being a newbie to the site, but I've been lurking on here for a while and there are a couple of regulars who can vouch for me not being a (total) d-bag :p as I've known them on MyFitnessPal for a couple of years now.

A quick back story: I'm a former fat guy who's made some changes over the last couple of years like getting off my ass and losing >30kgs. I'm not the strongest or the fittest guy in the world, but have started getting more into lifting in the last year or two and combine this with some cardio work (completed my first 100 mile ride recently). I'm now 34yo and am slowly working my way down to sub 12%bf while still trying to get more weight on the bar.

Anyway, I've become increasingly interested in training others, with a focus on fat loss and overall health, so I have decided to get my cert III & IV to get me started. I don't see this as being a career change for me (at least not in the short term) as I have a FT job that pays me well, but something that is a genuine interest for me and honestly I think I'll be pretty good at it - wow, that sounds modest...

So, as part of going through this process I really want to align myself with a good trainer(s) in Adelaide, rather than rely on whoever the training company decide to pair me with. I know the perception of the industry from a lot of you guys is not great (with good reason) and the general quality of PT's is average at best.

Are there any trainers out there who would be willing to have me tag along to some sessions and help me get through some of the practical assessments? Or point me to where there might be some decent PTs lurking?

Just so you know, my general philosophy to training is: Focus on the basics - everyone that is physically capable should be doing the big lifts. Strength and fitness (cardio) both have their place, though I like to prioritise the former. Nutrition is critical for most people - especially for fat loss - but don't come near me with your 'clean eating' BS. Consistency and effort trumps perfect programming every time.

Again, sorry to anyone who thinks it's inappropriate for me to be posting this when so new to the site. I just want to get a decent start in this industry and not be another one of the PT masses. Any nudge in the right direction gratefully received!

Thanks

Ray

I am a fan of Ben Cove for power lifting and conditioning, no idea if he will be able to help you or not though or point you in a direction