• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rich Froning

High Road

Just saw some stats on the Crossfit Golden Boy, Rich Froning. Pretty impressive actually

Height 178cm
Weight 88kgs

Back Squat 202kgs
Front Squat 170kgs
Clean and Jerk 168kgs....basically his 1RM Front Squat!
Snatch 136kgs
Deadlift 247kgs
400m run 1:05
500m row 1:24
5km run 20:00

Just saw some stats on the Crossfit Golden Boy, Rich Froning. Pretty impressive actually

Height 178cm
Weight 88kgs

Back Squat 202kgs
Front Squat 170kgs
Clean and Jerk 168kgs....basically his 1RM Front Squat!
Snatch 136kgs
Deadlift 247kgs
400m run 1:05
500m row 1:24
5km run 20:00
Why no bench press stats?

They brought in year round
random testing this year and randomly he has been tested 3 times. Plus directly after regionals they are tested as well, In previous years testing was only done around games season so who knows what they were running in the off season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like all the gear users seem to think everyone is on gear lol

He may very well be on gear, as has been said, he gets tested. I don't think Crossfit could afford for him to test positive. This means one of two things, they test him often to make sure he is clean, or they cover up a positive test. Crossfit have kicked people and a whole team out of the competition at a Regionals level before for testing positive.

As has been shown with Lance, anything is possible.

What makes everyone think he is on gear? Because he is at the top of his game? Because those numbers can't be achieved natural? Tall poppy syndrome?

pretty good stats, good athlete.

Surprised his running is not better though. I ran a 55.7 400m weighting 105kg once, but then I was doing it with a running background.

As for testing, crossfit probably can be improved by having an independent national authority do the testing like ASADA, but he has passed all tests to date.

Who knows whether someone is clean or not? All you can do is hope the sport has a fair dinkum testing regime.

Last edited:
Impressive athlete but the running numbers don't look as good as id expect, as well as the deadlift.

4min km over 5km isn't to shabby for a 5'10 nugget, what makes @genics think he is on gear? Seems like the same ghost hunt everyone is on with GSP, although with either it wouldn't surprise me, like most high end physical sports the athletes seem to be one step ahead of the testing or they are actually clean

4min km over 5km isn't to shabby for a 5'10 nugget, what makes @genics think he is on gear? Seems like the same ghost hunt everyone is on with GSP, although with either it wouldn't surprise me, like most high end physical sports the athletes seem to be one step ahead of the testing or they are actually clean

Well I'm an absolutely terrible longer distance runner and I sure I am able to get around those times at 100kg when I'm fit.

I must just suck at running lol, dan bailey who was previously a runner claims 19min 5km, and I think he is one of the better runners out of the elites,

Maybe I'm remembering times wrong?

But the deadlift if accurate is still low.

Yeah seems low, last years games they had 3 rounds of 185kg deadlifts and 10 24kg pistols, and he was pulling the dl like It was nothing, I think they might be modest with the numbers they make public, as going though most the top athletes numbers they seem low compared to what they do it the games

How many deadlift reps? As 185 is easy as fuck for someone pulling 250. Even for 5.

Tim.