• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

11 Extremely Ripped Competitive Bodybuilders

11. Johnnie Jackson

Johnnie-Jackson-e1312805777818.jpg

Johnnie Otis Jackson became an IFBB (International Federation of BodyBuilders) professional bodybuilder back in 2002, and today the 40-year-old New Jersey native is still going strong. He placed 7th in the 2011 Arnold Classic bodybuilding competition, which is the second most important competition after Mr. Olympia.
Height: 5’8”
Competition Weight: 255 lb
Off-Season Weight: 275 lb
Miscellaneous Stat: can bench press 600 lb
Source
10. Hidetada Yamagishi

Hidetada-yamagishi-e1312805813100.jpg

This 38-year-old IFBB pro made history in 2007 when he became the first ever Japanese competitor to qualify for and compete in Mr. Olympia and the Arnold Classic. From there Yamagishi continued to improve, cracking the top 10 at the 2009 Mr. Olympia and finishing 2nd in a couple other pro events that year.
Height: 5’7”
Competition Weight: 220 lb
Off-Season Weight: 240 lb
Miscellaneous Stat: was on Japanese version of American Gladiators
Source
9. Ronny Rockel

ronnie-rockel-e1312805855578.jpg

Ronny Rockel was just a 143-pound 17-year-old living in East Germany when the Berlin Wall came down in 1989. Shortly thereafter, Rockel saw the Schwarzenegger film Conan the Barbarian and decided he wanted to look like that. Today the 39-year-old is an accomplished IFBB pro, with one of the all-time great pro athlete names. He’s competed regularly in the big championships for the last decade, finishing as high as 6th in Mr. Olympia, 6th in the Arnold Classic, and 2nd in this year’s New York Pro.
Height: 5’6”
Competition Weight: 235 lb
Off-Season Weight: 250 lb
Miscellaneous Stat: had to build his first weight set because there weren’t any gyms in East Germany in 1989
Source
8. Rulove “Roelly” Winklaar

Roelly-winklaar-e1312805893892.jpg

Roelly Winklaar, a 34-year-old Dutch Antilles native, is still relatively new on the pro bodybuilding scene, but he’s already made quite a splash. He placed 7th in his first IFBB Arnold Classic back in 2010, then went on to win his first IFBB New York Pro Championships later that year. Definitely keep an eye on this guy.
Competition Weight: 250 lb
Off-Season Weight: 270 lb
Miscellaneous Stat: his fans call him “The Beast,” but Roelly devotes a lot of time to supporting children’s charities
Source
7. Evan Centopani

evan-centopani-e1312805932958.jpg

At 29-year-old and 5’11”, Evan Centopani is younger and taller than most of the established bodybuilding stars on this list. He won the New York Pro back in 2009 and finished 4th in this year’s Arnold Classic. With that kind of success at a young age, it looks like he’ll be a force to reckon with over the next 10 years or so.
Height: 5’11”
Competition Weight: 240 lb
Miscellaneous Stat: he was “the fat kid” until he got hooked on pumping iron after his first year of high school
Source
6. Phil Heath

phil-heath-e1312805989317.jpg

Phil Heath is just hitting his prime at thirty-one years of age, but that’s not to say he hasn’t already tasted success. He won the New York Pro on his first try in 2006. Since then, he’s finished 2nd in the Arnold Classic twice and 2nd in Mr. Olympia once, just last year. If his results were just a little more consistent, he’d probably be higher up on this list. Still, he’s always a threat at any competition.
Height: 5’9”
Competition Weight: 245 lb
Miscellaneous Stat: has a 53” chest and a 29” waist
Source
5. Dexter Jackson

dexter-jackson-e1312806098240.jpg

Dexter “The Blade” Jackson has been around for a pretty long time. He has been a competitive bodybuilder since 1992, and he made his pro debut back 1999. His greatest success, however, has only come more recently. In 2008 the then 38-year-old became only the second man to win both the Arnold Classic and Mr. Olympia in the same year.
Height: 5’6”
Competition Weight: 233 lb
Off-Season Weight: 245 lb
Miscellaneous Stat: subject of a (probably commissioned) documentary called Dexter Jackson: Unbreakable
Source
4. Victor Martinez

victor-martinez-e1312806140882.jpg

No, in case you couldn’t tell, this is not that Victor Martinez (the guy who plays first base and catcher for the Detroit tigers). This is the Victor Martinez who became only the second ever IFBB pro bodybuilder from the Dominican Republic, then went on to have a stupendous career that includes a win at the Arnold Classic (2007) and 2 top-three finishes at Mr. Olympia.
Competition Weight: 245 lb
Off-Season Weight: 275 lb
Miscellaneous Stat: the “Dominican Dominator” has a 58” chest and 30” thighs
Source
3. Kai Greene

kai-green-e1312806185711.jpg

It’s hard to know what to expect from 36-year-old Brooklyn native Kai Greene at any given competition. He won the Arnold Classic in 2009 and 2010, then didn’t compete in 2011. He finished 4th in Mr. Olympia in 2009, then underperformed in Mr. Olympia 2010 and finished 7th. So, you just never know. He could finish anywhere from 10th to 1st at this year’s Mr. Olympia.
Height: 5’8”
Competition Weight: 250 lb
Off-Season Weight: 280 lb
Miscellaneous Stat: has an artistic side, and claims: “I utilized my own physique to gain a greater understanding of space and movement, creating works of art that became increasingly detailed and complex over time.”
Source
2. Branch Warren

branch-warren-e1312806229971.jpg

Branch Warren? Trunk Warren is more like it. I mean, the guy’s nickname is Quadrasaurus Flex. Anyway, at the age of 36, Branch here is currently experiencing his best run as a IFBB pro bodybuilder. In 2009 he finished 3rd and 2nd in the Arnold Classic and Mr. Olympia respectively. In 2010 he finished 2nd and 3rd. This year, he finally won the Arnold Classic, and appears set to challenge Jay Cutler for ultimate bodybuilding supremacy at Mr. Olympia in September.
Competition Weight: 255 lb
Off-Season Weight: 265 lb
Miscellaneous Stat: has possibly the most terrifying popping veins in the history of the human vascular system
Source

1. Jay Cutler

jay-cutler-mr-olympia-e1312806270991.jpg

Unlike the Jay Cutler who is the quarterback for the Chicago Bears, this guy has had nothing but success over the last decade. What kind of success? He’s won four of the last five Mr. Olympia competitions (2006, 2007, 2009, 2010), and in the past he’s won three Arnold Classics (2002-2004). Before his string of Mr. Olympia victories, he placed 2nd behind the previous champion (Ronnie Coleman) four times. After somehow losing the 2008 Mr. Olympia title to Dexter Jackson, Cutler became only the third person to ever regain his Mr. Olympia title (the others being Arnold Schwarzenegger and Franco Columbu), and the only person to regain is from the guy who took it in the first place.
Competition Weight: 274 lb
Off-Season Weight: 310 lb
Miscellaneous Stat: this pipsqueak has a 61” chest and 31” thighs
Source

oh yeh, i remember those pics!! He was SHREDDED for that comp! Great conditioning! Is he competing again soon?

YEah I have some pics of him back stage and back at is hotel from that year, damn impressive, let me know and I can post some up, as for competing next I am not sure, haven't spoken to him in a little while I am pretty sure the last comp he did was the Salt Water classic and came second and then he was going to have some time off for work and family. But I would think he would be due to compete again if I know BigJimmy.

YEah I have some pics of him back stage and back at is hotel from that year, damn impressive, let me know and I can post some up, as for competing next I am not sure, haven't spoken to him in a little while I am pretty sure the last comp he did was the Salt Water classic and came second and then he was going to have some time off for work and family. But I would think he would be due to compete again if I know BigJimmy.

Post em!!