• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Evolution of Bodybuilding

Larry Scott

Larry Scott, nicknamed “the Legend”, born on October 12, 1938 in Blackfoot, Idaho is an American former IFBB professional bodybuilder. He won 1965 Mr. Olympia and the 1966 Mr. Olympia competition.
Larry Scott, “The Legend”, established and personified bodybuilding’s beach Adonis image, and duly became the sport’s Golden Boy after winning the IFBB Mr. America title in 1962 and the IFBB Mr. Universe in 1964. He was the first-ever IFBB Mr. Olympia in the contest’s initial two years of life, 1965 and 1966.​
Joe Weider’s brainchild of a competition got the perfect first-time winner in Larry. Of all the Hall of Fame inductees, perhaps Scott started with the least raw potential.
Told he was too narrow-shouldered (a condition then considered insurmountable) he persevered and packed on prodigious mounds of delt muscle which, coupled with the greatest arms in bodybuilding, enabled him to present front double-biceps shots that worked up a crowd like no other.
Before claiming the Mr. Olympia title, Scott took Mr. America in 1962, the Mr. Universe title in 1964, and had a minor role in the 1964 movie Muscle Beach Party. Scott was also a popular physique model during the early to mid 1960s, working for such famous photographers as Bruce of LA and Don Whitman, of Western Photography Guild. His “posing strap” material for Pat Milo (known professionally as simply “Milo”) is today considered fine art.

It was Milo who introduced Scott to a wide, appreciative audience and helped him hone his posing and photographic persona: that of the “boy next door.” Larry regularly appeared in all of Joe Weider’s bodybuilding magazines, including Mr. America and Muscle Builder, and he also figured prominently in Demi Gods, Muscleboy, and The Young Physique.
Witnesses still say that the audience reaction to his 1966 IFBB Mr. Olympia entrance was the most vociferous and emotional ever seen at a bodybuilding contest. Scott’s retirement at the age of 28 sent shock waves throughout the sport.

From 1960 until his retirement from competition in 1966, Scott was bodybuilding’s top superstar. Bodybuilding magazines soon began capitalizing on his image, but Larry – an IFBB athlete – wrote exclusively for Joe Weider’s publications. Larry’s popularity completely eclipsed all other bodybuilders of his time, including such famous personalities as Freddy Ortiz, Chuck Sipes, Dave Draper, Leo Robert, Harold Poole, and Sergio Oliva. has since become known as “Larry fever” and reached its apex at the 1966 Mr. Olympia competition, where Larry defended his title and once again took home the crown (literally, since the prize was $1,000 and an actual crown).

Scott’s retirement at the age of 28 sent shock waves throughout the sport. But Scott had other priorities (a second marriage), and after two Olympia wins, he’d done all he could do in competitive bodybuilding.
But Scott had other priorities (a second marriage), and after two Olympia wins, he’d done all he could do in competitive bodybuilding. A devout Mormon, Larry lives in Salt Lake City, where he runs his own bodybuilding advisory company.
Bodybuilding titles:
1959 Mr. Idaho, 1st
1960 Mr. California – AAU, Winner
1960 Mr. California – AAU, Most Muscular, 1st
1960 Mr. Los Angeles – AAU, Most Muscular, 3rd
1960 Mr. Los Angeles – AAU, 3rd
1961 Mr. Pacific Coast – AAU, Most Muscular, 1st
1961 Mr. Pacific Coast – AAU, Winner
1962 Mr. America, Medium, 2 and Overall
1963 Mr. Universe, Medium, 1st
1964 Mr. Universe, Medium, 1st and Overall
1965 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1966 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1979 Canada Diamond Pro Cup, 9th
1979 Grand Prix Vancouver, Did not place
Official website: http://larryscott.com/

Sergio Oliva

Sergio Oliva (July 4, 1941 – November 12, 2012) was a bodybuilder known as “The Myth”. This name was arguably given to him by bodybuilder/writer Rick Wayne but Oliva himself has doubted this claim. Supposedly Wayne had begun calling Oliva “The Myth” “(because everyone who saw him at the 1967 Montreal World’s Fair said he was “Just unbelievable”)” Oliva was born in Cuba on July 4, 1941. At 12, he worked with his father in the sugar cane fields of Guanabacoa. When Oliva was 16, his father suggested that he enlist in Fulgencio Batista’s army. In the absence of a birth certificate, the recruiting officer took the senior Oliva’s word that his son was old enough to enlist in the fight against communism.
After losing the war to Fidel Castro, Oliva stayed local and took to hanging out at the beach. There, he met a fellow sun worshipper, who invited him to the local weightlifting club. After just six months of training Oliva was doing clean and jerks with over 300 lb and totaling 1000 lb in the three Olympic lifts at a bodyweight of 195 lb, considered a middle-heavyweight.
In 1962, the National Weightlifting Championship for Cuba was won by Alberto Rey Games Hernandez; Sergio Oliva took second place. Because Games received an injury, Oliva was chosen to represent Cuba at the 1962 Central American and Caribbean Games hosted in Kingston, Jamaica.
During his stay in Jamaica, Oliva snuck out of his quarters while the guards were distracted. He ran at top speed until he was safely inside the American consulate. Arriving breathlessly, he demanded and received political asylum. Soon, 65 other Cuban nationals followed him, including Castro’s entire weightlifting team and their security guards. Soon afterward, Oliva was living in Miami, Florida, working as a TV repairman.

In 1963 Oliva moved to Chicago, Illinois. There he worked at a local steel mill and began working out at the Duncan YMCA. Working 10-12 hour days at the steel mill and putting in another 2.5–3 hours at the gym gave Oliva very little time for anything else.
Soon the bodybuilding grapevine was abuzz with gossip about a Cuban powerhouse who lifted more than any of the local Olympic champs. Oliva won his first bodybuilding competition the Mr. Chicagoland contest in 1963. Then he was successful again at the Mr. Illinois in 1964 but he lost in 1965 at the AAU Jr. Mr. America winning 2nd place even though he won the trophy for “Most Muscular”.
In 1966, he won the AAU Jr. Mr. America and again he claimed the trophy for “Most Muscular”. He then joined the International Federation of BodyBuilders IFBB in which he won both the professional Mr. World and Mr. Universe Contests. In 1967 he won the prestigious Mr. Olympia contest, making him the undisputed world champion of bodybuilding.
Oliva then went on to win the Mr. Olympia title three years in a row, at 5 feet 10inches and at a contest weight that went from 235lbs up to his most massive at 255lbs. Oliva’s 1968 Mr Olympia win was uncontested. A Guinness World Record that stands to this day. In 1969 he won his 3rd consecutive Mr Olympia by beating a Mr Europe, Mr International and Four time Mr Universe winner Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Arnold tells of their first encounter in his 1977 autobiography ‘Arnold the Education of a Bodybuilder’. “Then for the first time, I saw Sergio Oliva in person. I understood why they called him the Myth. It was as jarring, as if I’d walked into a wall. He destroyed me. He was so huge, he was so fantastic, there was no way I could even think of beating him. I admitted my defeat and felt some of my pump go away. I tried. But I’d been so taken back by my first sight of Sergio Oliva that I think I settled for 2nd place before we walked out on the stage… I never like to admit defeat, but I thought Sergio was better. There were no two ways about it.”

However, Schwarzenegger won his first Mr. Olympia title by edging the Myth the following year with a score of 4-3 when Joe Weider switched judges at the very last minute. Oliva was banned from competing in the 1971 IFBB Mr Olympia because he competed in the 1971 NABBA Mr Universe. This was extremely controversial because Schwarzenegger had competed for this very same contest the year before and without Sergio being a 3 time Olympia winner to challenge Arnold, many felt that the contest was fixed.
“I’d coasted to my second title as Mr.Olympia, in Paris in 1971. The only possible challenger had been Sergio-nobody else was in my league-and he’d been barred from the contest because of a dispute between federations.”
Oliva was permitted to simply guest pose at the 1971 Mr Olympia at an incredibly massive bodyweight of 255lbs. After this setback Oliva was fiercely determined to beat Arnold Schwarzenegger and prove once and for all that he was the world’s greatest bodybuilder. In 1972 under the High Intensity Training (HIT) of Arthur Jones the legendary designer of Nautilus training equipment Oliva challenged Schwarzenegger for the 1972 Olympia in Essen Germany. By all accounts Sergio was in his all-time greatest shape and completely confident he would regain the Mr. Olympia title at a reportedly super-ripped 250lbs. “But in Essen, it seemed like all the top Bodybuilders turned up at their very best except for me. Sergio was back, even more impressive than I remembered.”
Once again Weider switched the judges at the last minute and Arnold was declared the winner in what is to this day the most controversial bodybuilding contest of all time. “Compared with all of the other Bodybuilders I’ve ever faced, Sergio really was in a class by himself. I was struck by that again the minute we were onstage. It was so hard to look impressive next to him with those incredible thighs, that impossibly tiny waist, those incredible triceps.
After being disqualified from the 1973 IFBB Mr International that Sergio actually won, he severed all ties with the Joe Weider controlled IFBB and continued competing for other world bodybuilding federations.

He won the World BodyBuilding Guild (WBBG)Mr Galaxy in 1972 & 1973, the WBBG Mr Olympus in 1975, 1976 & 1978, the WABBA Professional World Championships in 1977 & 1980 and the WABBA Professional World Cup in 1980 & 1981. After a 12 year hiatus from the IFBB, Oliva was invited back to the IFBB and came out of retirement to compete in the 1984 Mr. Olympia. Finishing in a very controversial eighth place, “the Myth” still sported an extremely impressive physique and V-Taper. Although he was not at his best, most bodybuilding experts and media at the time felt that he should have placed in the top five. In 1985 at the age of 44yrs old, Oliva returned for one last attempt at the famed Mr Olympia title. This time he was in incredible shape and most experts and people in the audience felt that he was again denied his rightful Mr Olympia title once again with another 8th place finish.
While Arnold Schwarzenegger dominated the bodybuilding world throughout much of the 1970s, in both media coverage and Olympia wins, most bodybuilding experts and historians still consider Sergio Oliva to have had the undisputed greatest physique of all time.
“Anyone who loves the sport of bodybuilding knows the name of Sergio Oliva, known as ‘the Myth’. I greatly admired him and consider him to be the all-time world’s greatest physique. I saw him in competition many times, including his shows against Arnold. There is no doubt that with his wide shoulders and narrow hip structure he was superior to any other Bodybuilder of his generation. Sergio was not only the most aesthetic bodybuilder on stage but also the biggest… Sergio Oliva is considered by most to be the world’s most genetically gifted bodybuilder… He set a whole new standard for competitive bodybuilding; loved by millions, revered by many and feared by some. He was so huge and extremely proportioned that he used to bring chills to his adversaries. This is how he acquired the name of the Myth.” Robert Kennedy, Best Selling Author, Editor and Publisher of MuscleMag International.
Sergio Oliva facts

• He served the city of Chicago as a police officer for more than 25 years.
  • In 1986, Sergio survived being shot by his then-wife Arleen Garrett. He sustained 5 bullet wounds.
  • His son, Sergio Oliva Jr, is following in his father’s footsteps into competitive bodybuilding in Chicago, Illinois.
  • Oliva co-starred with Mil Máscaras in a Mexican wrestling movie in 1975 called El Poder Negro (Black Power), in which he played a super-strong dockworker who runs afoul of the local crime syndicate and helps Mil Máscaras to bring them to justice. His co-star was Venezuelan actress and singer Lila Morillo.[5]
  • In 1977, Oliva starred in a second Mexican action film (this time a wrestling/ western hybrid) called Los Temibles (“The Fearful Ones”) aka El centauro negro.
  • The character Biscuit Oliva in the Japanese manga and anime Baki the Grappler was closely based on Oliva’s real-life personality and appearance.
  • Sergio Oliva died on November 12, 2012 from apparent kidney failure, aged 71. His death was the first of any prior Mr. Olympia winners.
  • During his career he won 20 1st place Bodybuilding titles
  • The first non-white athlete to win Mr. America, Mr. World, Mr. International, Mr. Universe, Mr. Olympia.
  • The second bodybuilder to win the Mr. Olympia competition.
  • The only bodybuilder to ever win the Mr Olympia contest unopposed in 1968, a Guinness World Record that still stands to this day.
  • The only bodybuilder to defeat Arnold Schwarzenegger in a Mr. Olympia competition. *the largest arm measurements of any Mr. Olympia champion in contest shape, measured on the day of their contest win.
  • The smallest waist measurement of any Mr Olympia champion in history at 27inches at a bodyweight over 235lbs.
  • The only Mr Olympia winner whose thighs measured larger than their waist measurement. 32inch thighs and 27-28inch waist.
  • He maintained a 27-30inch differential between his waist and chest measurements throughout his entire career, at his peak his chest was over 58inches unflexed.
  • With his extremely massive measurements and unusually small waist Segio Oliva is considered to be the most genetically gifted bodybuilder of all time.
Bodybuilding titles
1963 Mr Chicago – 1st
1964 Mr Illinois – 1st
1964 Mr America – AAU, 7th
1965 Junior Mr America – AAU, 2nd
1965 Junior Mr America – AAU, Most Muscular
1965 Mr America – AAU, 4th
1965 Mr America – AAU, Most Muscular,
1966 Junior Mr America – AAU, Winner
1966 Junior Mr America – AAU, Most Muscular
1966 Mr America – AAU, 2nd
1966 Mr America – AAU, Most Muscular,
1966 Mr World – IFBB, Overall Winner
1966 Mr World – IFBB, Tall, 1st Overall
1966 Mr Universe – IFBB Winner
1966 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, 2nd
1967 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, Winner
1967 Universe – IFBB, Overall Winner
1968 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, Winner Uncontested
1969 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, Winner
1970 Mr World – AAU, Pro Tall, 2nd
1970 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, 2nd
1971 Universe – Pro – NABBA, Tall, 2nd
1972 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, 2nd
1972 Mr Galaxy – WBBG, 1st
1973 Mr International/ Mr Azteca – IFBB, Professional, 1st
1973 Mr Galaxy – WBBG, 1st
1974 Mr International – WBBG, Professional, 1st
1975 Mr Olympus – WBBG, Winner
1976 Mr Olympus – WBBG, Winner
1977 Pro World Championships – WABBA, 1st
1978 Mr Olympus – WBBG, Winner
1980 Pro World Championships – WABBA, 1st
1980 Professional World cup – WABBA, Winner
1981 Professional World Cup – WABBA, Winner
1984 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, 8th
1984 Professional Mid-States Championships – WABBA 1st
1985 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, 8th
Official website: http://www.sergiooliva.com/
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Oliva

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger; born July 30, 1947) is an Austrian-born American former professional bodybuilder, actor, businessman, investor, and politician. Arnold served two terms as the 38th Governor of California from 2003 until 2011. Arnold Schwarzenegger was born in Thal, Austria, a small village bordering the Styrian capital Graz, and was christened Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger. His parents were the local police chief, Gustav Schwarzenegger (1907–1972), and Aurelia (née Jadrny; 1922–1998). Gustav served in World War II, after he voluntarily applied to join the Nazi Party in 1938.
Gustav served with the German Army as a Hauptfeldwebel of the Feldgendarmerie and was discharged in 1943 after contracting malaria. They were married on October 20, 1945 – Gustav was 38, and Aurelia was 23-years-old. According to Schwarzenegger, both of his parents were very strict: “Back then in Austria it was a very different world, if we did something bad or we disobeyed our parents, the rod was not spared.” He grew up in a Roman Catholic family who attended Mass every Sunday.
Gustav had a preference for his older son, Meinhard, over Arnold. His favoritism was “strong and blatant,” which stemmed from unfounded suspicion that Arnold was not his biological child. Schwarzenegger has said his father had “no patience for listening or understanding your problems.”
Arnold Schwarzenegger had a good relationship with his mother and kept in touch with her until her death. In later life, Schwarzenegger commissioned the Simon Wiesenthal Center to research his father’s wartime record, which came up with no evidence of Gustav’s being involved in atrocities, despite Gustav’s membership in the Nazi Party and SA. Schwarzenegger’s father’s background received wide press attention during the 2003 California recall campaign. At school, Schwarzenegger was apparently in the middle but stood out for his “cheerful, good-humored and exuberant” character. Money was a problem in their household; Schwarzenegger recalled that one of the highlights of his youth was when the family bought a refrigerator.

As a boy, Arnold Schwarzenegger played several sports, heavily influenced by his father. He picked up his first barbell in 1960, when his football (soccer) coach took his team to a local gym. At the age of 14, he chose bodybuilding over football as a career. Schwarzenegger has responded to a question asking if he was 13 when he started weightlifting: “I actually started weight training when I was 15, but I’d been participating in sports, like soccer, for years, so I felt that although I was slim, I was well-developed, at least enough so that I could start going to the gym and start Olympic lifting.” However, his official website biography claims: “At 14, he started an intensive training program with Dan Farmer, studied psychology at 15 (to learn more about the power of mind over body) and at 17, officially started his competitive career.” During a speech in 2001, he said, “My own plan formed when I was 14 years old. My father had wanted me to be a police officer like he was. My mother wanted me to go to trade school.” Schwarzenegger took to visiting a gym in Graz, where he also frequented the local movie theaters to see bodybuilding idols such as Reg Park, Steve Reeves, and Johnny Weissmuller on the big screen.
When Reeves died in 2000, Schwarzenegger fondly remembered him: “As a teenager, I grew up with Steve Reeves. His remarkable accomplishments allowed me a sense of what was possible, when others around me didn’t always understand my dreams. Steve Reeves has been part of everything I’ve ever been fortunate enough to achieve.” In 1961, Schwarzenegger met former Mr. Austria Kurt Marnul, who invited him to train at the gym in Graz.
He was so dedicated as a youngster that he broke into the local gym on weekends, when it was usually closed, so that he could train. “It would make me sick to miss a workout… I knew I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror the next morning if I didn’t do it.”
When Schwarzenegger was asked about his first movie experience as a boy, he replied: “I was very young, but I remember my father taking me to the Austrian theaters and seeing some newsreels. The first real movie I saw, that I distinctly remember, was a John Wayne movie.”
In 1971, his brother, Meinhard, died in a car accident. Meinhard had been drinking and was killed instantly. Schwarzenegger did not attend his funeral. Meinhard was due to marry Erika Knapp, and the couple had a three-year-old son, Patrick. Schwarzenegger would pay for Patrick’s education and help him to immigrate to the United States. Gustav died the following year from a stroke. In Pumping Iron, Schwarzenegger claimed that he did not attend his father’s funeral because he was training for a bodybuilding contest. Later, he and the film’s producer said this story was taken from another bodybuilder for the purpose of showing the extremes that some would go to for their sport and to make Schwarzenegger’s image more cold and machine-like in order to fan controversy for the film. Barbara Baker, his first serious girlfriend, has said he informed her of his father’s death without emotion and that he never spoke of his brother. Over time, he has given at least three versions of why he was absent from his father’s funeral.

In an interview with Fortune in 2004, Schwarzenegger told how he suffered what “would now be called child abuse” at the hands of his father: “My hair was pulled. I was hit with belts. So was the kid next door. It was just the way it was. Many of the children I’ve seen were broken by their parents, which was the German-Austrian mentality. They didn’t want to create an individual. It was all about conforming. I was one who did not conform, and whose will could not be broken. Therefore, I became a rebel. Every time I got hit, and every time someone said, ‘you can’t do this,’ I said, ‘this is not going to be for much longer, because I’m going to move out of here. I want to be rich. I want to be somebody.’”
Schwarzenegger served in the Austrian Army in 1965 to fulfill the one year of service required at the time of all 18-year-old Austrian males. During his army service, he won the Junior Mr. Europe contest. He went AWOL during basic training so he could take part in the competition and spent a week in military prison: “Participating in the competition meant so much to me that I didn’t carefully think through the consequences.” He won another bodybuilding contest in Graz, at Steirer Hof Hotel (where he had placed second). He was voted best built man of Europe, which made him famous. “The Mr. Universe title was my ticket to America – the land of opportunity, where I could become a star and get rich.” Schwarzenegger made his first plane trip in 1966, attending the NABBA Mr. Universe competition in London. He would come in second in the Mr. Universe competition, not having the muscle definition of American winner Chester Yorton.

Charles “Wag” Bennett, one of the judges at the 1966 competition, was impressed with Schwarzenegger and he offered to coach him. As Schwarzenegger had little money, Bennett invited him to stay in his crowded family home above one of his two gyms in Forest Gate, London, England. Yorton’s leg definition had been judged superior, and Schwarzenegger, under a training program devised by Bennett, concentrated on improving the muscle definition and power in his legs. Staying in the East End of London helped Schwarzenegger improve his rudimentary grasp of the English language. Also in 1966, Schwarzenegger had the opportunity to meet childhood idol Reg Park, who became his friend and mentor. The training paid off and, in 1967, Schwarzenegger won the title for the first time, becoming the youngest ever Mr. Universe at the age of 20. He would go on to win the title a further three times. Schwarzenegger then flew back to Munich, training for four to six hours daily, attending business school and working in a health club (Rolf Putzinger’s gym where he worked and trained from 1966–1968), returning in 1968 to London to win his next Mr. Universe title. He frequently told Roger C. Field, his English coach and friend in Munich at that time, “I’m going to become the greatest actor!”
Schwarzenegger, who dreamed of moving to the U.S. since the age of 10, and saw bodybuilding as the avenue through which to do so, he realized his dream by moving to the United States in September 1968 at the age of 21, speaking little English. There he trained at Gold’s Gym in Venice, Los Angeles, California, under Joe Weider. From 1970 to 1974, one of Schwarzenegger’s weight training partners was Ric Drasin, a professional wrestler who designed the original Gold’s Gym logo in 1973. Schwarzenegger also became good friends with professional wrestler “Superstar” Billy Graham. In 1970, at age 23, he captured his first Mr. Olympia title in New York, and would go on to win the title a total of seven times.
Immigration law firm Siskind & Susser have stated that Schwarzenegger may have been an illegal immigrant at some point in the late 1960s or early 1970s because of violations in the terms of his visa. LA Weekly would later say in 2002 that Schwarzenegger is the most famous immigrant in America, who “overcame a thick Austrian accent and transcended the unlikely background of bodybuilding to become the biggest movie star in the world in the 1990s”.
In 1977, Schwarzenegger’s autobiography/weight-training guide Arnold: The Education of a Bodybuilder was published and became a huge success. After taking English classes at Santa Monica College in California, he earned a BA by correspondence from the University of Wisconsin–Superior, where he graduated with a degree in international marketing of fitness and business administration in 1979.
Schwarzenegger is considered among the most important figures in the history of bodybuilding, and his legacy is commemorated in the Arnold Classic annual bodybuilding competition. Schwarzenegger has remained a prominent face in the bodybuilding sport long after his retirement, in part because of his ownership of gyms and fitness magazines. He has presided over numerous contests and awards shows.

For many years, he wrote a monthly column for the bodybuilding magazines Muscle & Fitness and Flex. Shortly after being elected Governor, he was appointed executive editor of both magazines, in a largely symbolic capacity. The magazines agreed to donate $250,000 a year to the Governor’s various physical fitness initiatives. When the deal, including the contract that gave Schwarzenegger at least $1 million a year, was made public in 2005, many criticized it as being a conflict of interest since the governor’s office made decisions concerning regulation of dietary supplements in California. Consequently, Schwarzenegger relinquished the executive editor role in 2005. American Media Inc., which owns Muscle & Fitness and Flex, announced in March 2013 that Schwarzenegger had accepted their renewed offer to be executive editor of the magazines.
Schwarzenegger’s goal was to become the greatest bodybuilder in the world, which meant becoming Mr. Olympia. His first attempt was in 1969, when he lost to three-time champion Sergio Oliva. However, Schwarzenegger came back in 1970 and won the competition, making him the youngest ever Mr. Olympia at the age of 23, a record he still holds to this day.
He continued his winning streak in the 1971–74 competitions. In 1975, Schwarzenegger was once again in top form, and won the title for the sixth consecutive time, beating Franco Columbu. After the 1975 Mr. Olympia contest, Schwarzenegger announced his retirement from professional bodybuilding.

Months before the 1975 Mr. Olympia contest, filmmakers George Butler and Robert Fiore persuaded Schwarzenegger to compete, in order to film his training in the bodybuilding documentary called Pumping Iron. Schwarzenegger had only three months to prepare for the competition, after losing significant weight to appear in the film Stay Hungry with Jeff Bridges. Lou Ferrigno proved not to be a threat, and a lighter-than-usual Schwarzenegger convincingly won the 1975 Mr. Olympia.
Schwarzenegger came out of retirement, however, to compete in the 1980 Mr. Olympia. Schwarzenegger was training for his role in Conan, and he got into such good shape because of the running, horseback riding and sword training, that he decided he wanted to win the Mr. Olympia contest one last time. He kept this plan a secret, in the event that a training accident would prevent his entry and cause him to lose face. Schwarzenegger had been hired to provide color commentary for network television, when he announced at the eleventh hour that while he was there: “Why not compete?” Schwarzenegger ended up winning the event with only seven weeks of preparation. After being declared Mr. Olympia for a seventh time, Schwarzenegger then officially retired from competition.

One of the first competitions he won was the Junior Mr. Europe contest in 1965. He won Mr. Europe the following year, at age 19. He would go on to compete in, and win, many bodybuilding contests. His bodybulding victories included five Mr. Universe (4 – NABBA [England], 1 – IFBB [USA]) wins, and seven Mr. Olympia wins, a record which would stand until Lee Haney won his eighth consecutive Mr. Olympia title in 1991.

Bodybuilding titles
1963 Steirer Hof Competition in Graz, Austria (runner up).
1965 Junior Mr. Europe in Germany
1966 Best-Built Athlete of Europe in Germany
1966 International Powerlifting Championship in Germany
1966 Mr. Europe – amateur in Germany.
1966 NABBA Mr. Universe – amateur in London, England
1967 NABBA Mr. Universe – amateur in London, England
1968 German Powerlifting Championship in Germany
1968 IFBB Mr. International in Tijuana, Mexico
1968 NABBA Mr. Universe – professional in London, England
1968 IFBB Mr. Universe in Miami, Florida (tall class winner)
1969 IFBB Mr. Universe in New York
1969 IFBB Mr. Olympia in New York (2nd place to Sergio Olivia)
1969 NABBA Mr. Universe – professional in London, England
1969 IFBB Mr. Europe – professional in Germany
1970 NABBA Mr. Universe – professional in London, England
1970 AAU Pro Mr. World in Columbus, Ohio
1970 IFBB Mr. Olympia in New York
1971 IFBB Mr. Olympia in Paris, France
1972 IFBB Mr. Olympia in Essen, Germany
1973 IFBB Mr. Olympia in New York
1974 IFBB Mr. Olympia in New York
1975 IFBB Mr. Olympia in Pretoria, South Africa
1980 IFBB Mr. Olympia in Sydney, Australia
Official website: http://www.schwarzenegger.com/

Franco Columbu

Franco Columbu (born August 7, 1941) is an Italian actor, former champion bodybuilder and World’s Strongest Man competitor. Columbu was born in Ollolai, Sardinia (Italy). Starting out his athletic career as a boxer, Columbu progressed into the sport of Olympic Weightlifting, powerlifting and later bodybuilding, winning the title of Mr. Olympia in 1976 and 1981. At 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m) in height (some magazines reported as short as 5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m)),[citation needed] Columbu is shorter than most of his bodybuilding competitors, but that did not prevent him from achieving widespread success.

In 1977, Columbu competed in the first World’s Strongest Man competition and was in first place in total points during the competition; a remarkable outing, considering that Franco weighed much less than all his competitors. Then came the refrigerator race, which called for a downhill race in which a heavy, bulky, unwieldy refrigerator is strapped to the racer’s back. While ahead, Franco stumbled, and was shown on national television collapsing with a grotesquely dislocated leg. This ended his participation in the World’s Strongest Man contest (in the end, he finished in fifth place). After a court settlement, he received a reported $1 million in compensation for his injury.

It took six hours of surgery to remove all the muscle and fix his leg. Doctors told him he would never walk again, but Columbu fully recovered in three years. After Arnold Schwarzenegger’s comeback victory in the 1980 Mr. Olympia, Franco followed suit and won the 1981 Mr. Olympia.
Columbu is a long time friend of Schwarzenegger, whom he met in Munich in 1965 and against whom he competed in several international-level bodybuilding competitions. For the Mr. Olympia competitions however, he competed in the under 200 lb (90.7 kg) category, whereas Schwarzenegger was in the over 200 lb category.

The final champion was determined by a pose down between the two class winners. The IFBB has since abandoned weight classes. Arnold and Franco were inseparable during the early to mid-1970s and were training partners. Columbu served as the best man at the wedding of Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver in 1986. Columbu and Schwarzenegger had been encouraged to come to America by bodybuilding guru Joe Weider in 1969; Weider sponsored them with an $80/week stipend and the two European bodybuilders began a bricklaying and patio business called European Brick Works in 1969.
From the time he arrived in America in 1969, Franco Columbu was considered one of the world’s strongest men. He held a number of powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting world records. He also performed a strongman act in which he routinely blew up a hot water bottle by inflating it orally, lifted vehicles on stage (while someone else was changing a tire) and deadlifted over 700 lbs for repetitions.
He designed a comprehensive workout for men in 1988 to flatten the stomach, narrow the waist, and eliminate love handles. He is both a chiropractor and a weightlifter and his career parallels that of American weightlifting champion Karyn Marshall, who has used chiropractic therapy to train for competitions and who became a chiropractor herself.
Bodybuilding titles
1966: Mr. Europe, 4th
1968: NABBA Mr. Universe (Most Muscular)
1969: IFBB Mr. Europe (Medium)
1969: NABBA Mr. Universe (Most Muscular)
1969: NABBA Mr. Universe (Short)
1969: IFBB Mr. Universe (Short)
1970: IFBB Mr. Europe (Short & Overall)
1970: AAU Mr. World (Pro Short)
1970: IFBB Mr. World (Short)
1970: IFBB Mr. Universe (Short & Overall)
1971: IFBB Mr. Universe (Short & Overall) *Disqualified for selling bodybuilding booklets – considered as a professional*
1971: IFBB Mr. World (Short & Overall)
1974 Mr. Olympia (Lightweight)
1975 Mr. Olympia (Lightweight)
1976 Mr. Olympia (Lightweight & Overall
1981 Mr. Olympia
Powerlifting titles
Champion of Italy
Champion of Germany
Champion of Europe
World’s Strongest Man competition
1977: World strongest man, 5th place (after becoming injured)
Powerlifting Best Lifts
Bench press 525 Lbs / 238.35 kg
Squat (exercise) 665 Lbs / 301.91 kg
Deadlift 750 Lbs / 340.5 kg (in some training sessions, he was reported to have lifted over 780 Lbs / 354,12 kg, all at a bodyweight of less than 190 Lbs / 86,26 kg)
Boxing
Amateur Boxing Champion of Italy
Extra
2009: Arnold Classic Lifetime Achievement Award
Official website: http://www.columbu.com/
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco_Columbu

Frank Zane

Frank Zane (born June 28, 1942 in Kingston, Pennsylvania) is an American former professional bodybuilder and teacher.
Zane received a B.Sc (Bachelor of Science degree) in Education from Wilkes University in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania in 1964. For 13 years, he taught mathematics and chemistry while living in Florida and California. He also taught mathematics in Watchung Hills Regional High School, NJ, circa 1967 for two years. He also Later he earned a B.A. (Bachelor of Arts degree) in psychology from Cal State LA in 1977. Finally, he was awarded a Master’s degree in Experimental Psychology from Cal State SB, California in 1990.
Zane is a three-time Mr. Olympia (1977 to 1979). His reign represented a shift of emphasis from mass to aesthetics. Zane’s proportionate physique featured the second thinnest waistline of all the Mr. Olympias (after Sergio Oliva), with his wide shoulders making for a distinctive V-taper. He stood at 5’9″ and had a competition weight of 187-195 pounds when he won Mr Olympia (He weighed over 200 lbs when he competed in the 1960s). Zane is one of only three people who have beaten Arnold Schwarzenegger in a bodybuilding contest (1968 Mr. Universe in Miami, FL) and one of the very few Mr. Olympia winners under 200 pounds. Overall, he competed for over 20 years (retiring after the 1983 Mr Olympia contest) and won Mr America, Mr Universe, Mr World and Mr Olympia throughout his illustrious career.

]He has written many courses and books about bodybuilding. In 1994, Zane was inducted into the 1st annual Joe Weider Hall of Fame. He received the Arnold Schwarzenegger lifetime achievement award at the 2003 Arnold Classic for his dedication and long-time support of the sport. He was given the nickname “The Chemist” due to his Bachelor of Science degree and, as he puts it: “Back in the day I took a lot of supplements and tons of amino acids. Still do. But back then it was pretty unusual. That’s how I got the nickname The Chemist.” There was also a perception that his nickname was given because he was very scientific in reaching his peak on the exact day of competition, year after year.
In 1985, Frank and his wife Christine owned and operated Zane Haven in Palm Springs, CA where they conducted one-on-one sessions with clients who wished to possess a symmetrical physique. Today, the Zanes live in San Diego, CA and his learning center is now called Zane Experience.
In 2005, Frank Zane played the IFBB Announcer and worked as the consulting producer in the movie “See Arnold Run.” As of 2006, Zane currently runs his own website, appears at seminars and book signings. He still trains with weights at age 70.
In 2011 Frank Zane appeared in the documentary Challenging Impossibility (film) describing the weightlifting odyssey of spiritual teacher and peace advocate Sri Chinmoy. The film was an Official Selection of the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival. Frank was in attendance.
Bodybuilding Titles
1961 Mr. Pennsylvania (17th place)
1962 Mr. Keystone (Winner)
1963 Mr. Keystone (2nd)
1965 Mr. Sunshine State (Winner)
1965 IFBB Mr. Universe (1st, Medium Height category)
1966 IFBB Mr. America (1st, Medium)
1967 IFBB Mr. America (1st, Medium)
1967 IFBB Mr. Universe (3rd, Tall)
1968 IFBB Mr. America (Winner)
1968 IFBB Mr. Universe (Winner)
1970 NABBA Mr. Universe (Winner)
1971 NABBA Pro Mr. Universe (1st, Short)
1972 NABBA Pro Mr. Universe (Winner)
1972 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200lbs, 4th)
1974 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200lbs, 2nd)
1975 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200lbs, 4th)
1976 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200lbs, 2nd)
1977 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200lbs & Overall Winner)
1978 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200lbs & Overall Winner)
1979 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200lbs & Overall Winner)
1980 IFBB Mr. Olympia (3rd, after suffering a near-fatal injury at his home, requiring lengthy hospitalization)
1981 – did not compete (boycotted the Mr Olympia contest after the controversial 1980 contest)
1982 IFBB Mr. Olympia (2nd)
1983 IFBB Mr. Olympia (4th, after suffering another accident on his bicycle, requiring extensive shoulder surgery shortly after the contest)
Competitive stats
Height: 5’9″ (175 cm)
Contest weight: 200 lbs (84 kg)
Off-season weight: 220 lbs (91 kg)
Arms: 21″ (45.7 cm)
Neck: 17.5″ (44.5 cm)
Chest: 52″ (129.5 cm)
Waist: 29″ (73.7 cm)
Thighs: 26″ (66 cm)
Calves: 16.5″ (41.9 cm)
Wrist: 6.5″ (16.5 cm)
Ankle: 8″ (20.3 cm)
]Books by Frank Zane
The Zane Way to a Beautiful Body (1979)
Super Bodies in 12 Weeks (1982)
Zane Nutrition (1986)
Fabulously Fit Forever (1992)
Fabulously Fit Forever Expanded (1996)
Frank Zane: Mind, Body, Spirit (1997)
Frank Zane Training Manual (2005)
The High Def Handbook (2008)
The Mind In Bodybuilding (2009)
Since 1998, Frank Zane has written a newsletter (published four times a year) entitled Frank Zane Newsletter, that provides the latest information in all aspects of bodybuilding and to also promote the aesthetic physique
Official website: www.frankzane.com
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Zane

Chris Dickerson

Chris Dickerson (born Henri Christophe Dickerson on August 25, 1939 in Montgomery, Alabama), is a former American bodybuilder. Dickerson was born to Mahala Ashley Dickerson as the youngest of triplets. He studied music and is an accomplished opera singer in addition to his career in athletics.
hris Dickerson’s career spanned 30 years and included approximately 50 contests. Over the decades, he built a dense and symmetrical physique augmented by a dramatic style of posing. Dickerson earned third place at the 1965 Mr. Long Beach (California), his first contest; he placed fourth at the 1994 IFBB Masters Olympia, his last contest.
Two particular achievements stand out in Dickerson’s long career: in 1970, he became the first black AAU Mr. America, and by winning the IFBB Mr. Olympia in 1982, at age 43, he became the most senior winner of the sport’s most prestigious contest.
Dickerson won the Mr. Olympia once (1982), a distinction he shares with Samir Bannout (1983) and Dexter Jackson (2008).
Aiding Dickerson throughout his career was 1999 Hall of Famer Bill Pearl. In addition to the 1982 IFBB Mr. Olympia, Dickerson won nine other IFBB pro shows in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s, making him one of the most successful competitors of all time.
Something of a Renaissance man, Dickerson studied music and is an accomplished opera singer – no wonder, then, that his posing routines were always pure theater. Dickerson lives in Manhatten, where he has a thriving personal-training business.
During the 1960′s, Dickerson did much physique modeling. His 1970′s nude work for photographer Jim French is today considered some of the best in a admittedly limited field. Chris appeared in French’s hardcover photo essay, Man (1972) and also posed for the photographer ten years later. These photos ran in an issue of Olympus, published by Colt Studios.
Bodybuilding titles
1966 Mr North America – AAU, 2nd
1966 Mr New York State – AAU, Overall Winner
1966 Mr Eastern America – AAU, Overall Winner
1966 Mr Atlantic Coast – AAU, Overall Winner
1966 Junior Mr USA – AAU, Most Muscular, 1st
1966 Junior Mr USA – AAU, Winner
1967 Mr California – AAU, Winner
1967 Mr America – AAU, Most Muscular, 4th
1967 Mr America – AAU, 6th
1967 Junior Mr America – AAU, Most Muscular, 5th
1967 Junior Mr America – AAU, 4th
1968 Mr USA – AAU, Most Muscular, 2nd
1968 Mr USA – AAU, Winner
1968 Mr America – AAU, Most Muscular, 3rd
1968 Mr America – AAU, 3rd
1968 Junior Mr America – AAU, 3rd
1969 Mr America – AAU, 2nd
1969 Junior Mr America – AAU, 2nd
1970 Universe – NABBA, Short, 1st
1970 Mr America – AAU, Most Muscular, 1st
1970 Mr America – AAU, Winner
1970 Junior Mr America – AAU, Most Muscular, 1st
1970 Junior Mr America – AAU, Winner
1971 Universe – NABBA, Short, 1st
1973 Universe – NABBA, Short, 1st
1973 Universe – NABBA, Overall Winner
1973 Pro Mr America – WBBG, Winner
1974 Universe – Pro – NABBA, Short, 1st
1974 Universe – Pro – NABBA, Overall Winner
1975 World Championships – WBBG, 2nd
1975 Universe – Pro – PBBA, 2nd
1976 Universe – Pro – NABBA, Short, 2nd
1976 Universe – Pro – NABBA, 3rd
1976 Olympus – WBBG, 4th
1979 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, Lightweight, 4th
1979 Grand Prix Vancouver – IFBB, 2nd
1979 Canada Pro Cup – IFBB, Winner
1979 Canada Diamond Pro Cup – IFBB, 2nd
1980 Pittsburgh Pro Invitational – IFBB, 2nd
1980 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, 2nd
1980 Night of Champions – IFBB, Winner
1980 Grand Prix New York – IFBB, Winner
1980 Grand Prix Miami – IFBB, Winner
1980 Grand Prix Louisiana – IFBB, 2nd
1980 Grand Prix California – IFBB, Winner
1980 Florida Pro Invitational – IFBB, Winner
1980 Canada Pro Cup – IFBB, Winner
1981 Professional World Cup – IFBB, 2nd
1981 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, 2nd
1981 Night of Champions – IFBB, Winner
1981 Grand Prix World Cup – IFBB, 2nd
1981 Grand Prix Washington – IFBB, Winner
1981 Grand Prix New York – IFBB, Winner
1981 Grand Prix New England – IFBB, 2nd
1981 Grand Prix Louisiana – IFBB, Winner
1981 Grand Prix California – IFBB, Winner
1982 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, Winner
1984 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, 11th
1990 Arnold Classic – IFBB, 8th
1994 Olympia – Masters 50+ – IFBB, 1st

Official website: www.chrisdickerson.net
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Dickerson_(bodybuilder)

Samir Bannout

Samir Bannout (Born November 7, 1955 in Beirut, Lebanon) is an IFBB professional bodybuilder. Known as “the Lion of Lebanon”, Samir Bannout won the Mr. Olympia title in 1983. At that time, only 6 men had held this most prestigious title since the contest was first introduced in 1965. Many of them, obviously, held the title for several years, Bannout won it just once, a distinction shared with Chris Dickerson (1982) and Dexter Jackson (2008). Samir has appeared on the covers of many fitness and bodybuilding publications, including Strength and Health, MuscleMag International, Muscle Digest, Flex, Muscle Training Illustrated, Muscle and Fitness, Muscle Up, IronMan and Muscular Development magazines.

Samir Bannout first moved to Detroit, Michigan, in the United States. He competed at the amateur level and achieved IFBB pro status by winning his light-heavyweight class at the 1979 IFBB World Amateur Championships. By this time Samir had already relocated to Santa Monica, California. Bannout took 4th place at the 1982 Mr. Olympia contest and returned the following year to finally take home the title in 1983. The contest was held in Munich, Germany that year and after a year of intense preparation, Samir finally lifted the Mr Olympia title.

The extreme muscular definition that Bannout was able to achieve in his lower back region helped to shape “Lebanon Cedar” when referring the shape made visible during a back pose on the competition stage.
After placing 6th at the 1984 Olympia, he was suspended for three years by the IFBB as punishment for his participation at the rival federation, WABBA’s, World Championship competition.
Samir Bannout was never able to get a top six placing again at a Mr. Olympia contest despite competing at the event many more times. In 1990 he won his second IFBB pro show, the IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Invitational. His professional career lasted for 17 years.
Today Samir Bannout lives in Los Angeles, California with his wife Randa and three children Lea, Jesse, Sergio. He was inducted to the IFBB Hall of Fame in 2002.
Samir Bannout has a very successful nutrition business and is at the present active in promoting his products.

Bodybuilding titles

1974 Mr. Universe, Medium Class 7th ( Youngest contestant)
1976 Mr. Universe, Middleweight 12th
1977 Mr. International, Middleweight 2nd
1978 Mr. International, Middleweight 2nd
1979 Best in the World, Amateur 1st
1979 Canada Pro Cup, N/A
1979 World Amateur Championships, Light Heavyweight 1st
1980 Grand Prix California 4th
1980 Grand Prix Pennsylvania 7th
1980 Night of Champions 10th
1980 Mr. Olympia 15th
1980 Pittsburgh Pro Invitational N/A
1981 Grand Prix California 7th
1981 Grand Prix New England 6th
1981 Night of Champions 10th
1981 Mr. Olympia 9th
1982 Grand Prix Sweden 2nd
1982 Mr. Olympia 4th
1983 Mr. Olympia 1st
1984 Canada Pro Cup 5th
1984 Mr. Olympia 6th
1984 World Grand Prix 5th
1985 WABBA World Championship 1st
1986 WABBA World Championship 1st
1988 Grand Prix England 10th
1988 Grand Prix Italy 9th
1988 Mr. Olympia 8th
1989 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic 4th
1989 Grand Prix Finland 6th
1989 Grand Prix France 8th
1989 Grand Prix Germany 5th
1989 Grand Prix Holland 5th
1989 Grand Prix Spain 5th
1989 Grand Prix Spain (2nd) 5th
1989 Grand Prix Sweden 3rd
1989 Mr. Olympia 9th
1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic 4th
1990 Grand Prix England 6th
1990 Grand Prix Finland 5th
1990 Grand Prix Italy 6th
1990 Houston Pro Invitational 2rd
1990 Mr. Olympia 8th
1990 Pittsburgh Pro Invitational 1st ( Winner)
1990 NABBA World Championships Professional 2nd
1991 Mr. Olympia 16th
1992 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic N/A
1992 Grand Prix Germany 11th
1992 Mr. Olympia 16th
1993 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic 13th
1993 Ironman Pro Invitational 13th
1993 San Jose Pro Invitational 10th
1994 Grand Prix England 14th
1994 Grand Prix Germany 13th
1994 Grand Prix Italy 12th
1994 Grand Prix Spain 12th
1994 Mr. Olympia 19th
1996 Masters Mr. Olympia 6th
2011 IFBB Pro World Masters Bodybuilding 11th

Official website: www.bannoutnutrition.com
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samir_Bannout

Lee Haney

Lee Haney (born November 11, 1959 in Spartanburg, South Carolina) is a former American IFBB professional bodybuilder. Haney is the joint record holder, along with Ronnie Coleman, for winning the most Mr. Olympia titles, with eight. Lee “Total-Lee Awesome” Haney’s IFBB Mr. Olympia career comprises a catalog of superlatives: he won more IFBB Mr. Olympia’s than anyone else (eight: 1984-1991); defeated more bodybuilders than anyone else in IFBB Mr. Olympia competition (83); traveled more extensively in doing so (all his IFBB Mr. Olympia wins were in different cities – five in the United States and three in Europe); and in his last IFBB Mr. Olympia victory (1991, when he handed Dorian Yates his last defeat) weighed 248 pounds, which up until that time made him the heaviest winner ever.

Besides mass, Haney possessed flowing lines and an onstage presence that defied anyone to beat him. After winning the 1979 Teenage Mr. America, Haney became the National Physique Committee’s first Nationals Overall Champion in 1982, then went on to win the IFBB World Amateur Championships heavyweight title that same year.

At age 23, he finished third in his IFBB Mr. Olympia debut in 1983, but took up his near-decade-long residency of the IFBB Mr. Olympia throne the following year
Lee Haney has one older brother, and two younger sisters. Father was a truck driver, mother was a housewife. Religion is Southern Baptist. Excelled in football when he was a teenager. Went to Broom High School; then to Livingstone College in Salisbury, North Carolina where he accepted a scholarship to play football. Received a degree in Juvenile Corrections.
Haney opened and owned two fitness centers by the time he was 21 years old. His gyms used to be called ‘The Animal Kingdom’, but now they are called Lee’s World Class Fitness Centers. Met his wife Shirley at the age of six in second grade; and started his romantic relationship during the 9th grade. Has two children, Joshua and Olympia.
Mr. Haney is an educator and trainer and works with many world-class athletes. He has served as a member of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports since December 1998.
Mr. Haney owns two fitness centers in Atlanta and has been recognized by the President’s Council on Physical Fitness, the United States Sports Academy and the International Federation of Bodybuilding.
Stats
Height: 5′ 11″ / 180 cm.
Off Season Weight: 260 lbs / 118 kg.
Competition Weight: 245 lbs / 111 kg.

Bodybuilding titles

1979 Teen Mr. America
1979 Teen Mr. America Tall, 1st
1982 Junior Nationals Heavyweight & Overall, 1st
1982 Nationals Heavyweight & Overall, 1st
1982 World Amateur Championships Heavyweight, 1st
1983 Grand Prix England, 2nd
1983 Grand Prix Las Vegas, 1st
1983 Grand Prix Sweden, 2nd
1983 Grand Prix Switzerland, 3rd
1983 Night of Champions, 1st
1983 Mr. Olympia, 3rd
1983 World Pro Championships, 3rd
1984 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1985 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1986 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1987 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1987 Grand Prix Germany (II), 1st
1988 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1989 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1990 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1991 Mr. Olympia, 1st

Official website: www.leehaney.com

Dorian Yates

Dorian has won 6 Mr. Olympia’s in a row. he set new standards in size as the the first Mr, OLYMPIA at 250 lbs to have a body condition with super low body fat and very high muscle density. He is the biggest of the professional bodybuilders and when beside him makes all other bodybuilders look small. His nickname is the ‘Shadow’.
Dorian Andrew Mientjez Yates was born April 19, 1962 in England. Dorian was raised in Hurley, in rural Staffordshire. When he was a teenager, his family moved to Birmingham, Britain’s second largest city. During these times, Dorian got himself into trouble, and was sentenced to six months at Whatton Youth Detention Centre.
It was here that Dorian earned an instant reputation as the strongest and fittest of Whatton’s 300 inmates. This gave him new respect for himself. Whatton was the wake up call for Dorian. If he did not do something, he would end up in and out of prison all of his life. Dorian resolved that he would not be back.

Born in Hurley, Staffordshire, near Birmingham, England, Yates started working out in 1983. The man dubbed “The Shadow” (by FLEX Editor-in-Chief Peter McGough) shone a new light of awareness onto training methods with his brief but very high-intensity workouts. After some muscle victories in England – 1985 Novice Championships and 1988 British Championships – Yates visited New York for the 1990 Night of Champions and, in his pro debut, he took second to Mohamed Benaziza. The next year, he returned to win the contest.

In 1991, Yates was the runner-up at the Olympia to Lee Haney, who duly won his eighth record-setting Sandow and the retired. From 1992 through 1997, Yates dominated the sport’s highest title. In 1994, he overcame a torn biceps to win the crown. In 1997, his most valiant victory came when he tore a triceps three weeks prior to the contest, but still battled on to triumph. Due to the injury, Yates was forced to retire, with a pro record of 15 wins and two second-place finishes.
Yates may well be the bodybuilder that most aspiring trainees can best identify with because of his blue-collar roots, dogged determination and quiet confidence. His book, co-written by Peter McGough, is titled A Warrior’s Story – a perfect appellation for his competitive days for the Brit with no quit. Today, Yates still lives in Birmingham, where he is part owner of the supplement company Dorian Yates Ultimate Formulas, and he is still seen regularly at the main stateside contests.
Dorian has two children Lewis and Tahnee.
Stats
Height: 1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)
Off Season Weight: 132 kg (290 lb)
Competition Weight: 119 kg (260 lb)
Arm Size: 53 cm (21 in)
Leg Size: 77 cm (30 in)
Waist Size: 86 cm (34 in)
Calve Size: 56 cm (22 in)
Chest size: 145 cm (57 in)
Bodybuilding titles
1985 World Games, 7th (amateur)
1986 British Championships, 1st Heavyweight
1988 British Championships, 1st Heavyweight and overall
1990 Night of Champions, 2nd
1991 Night of Champions, 1st
1991 Mr. Olympia, 2nd
1991 English Grand Prix, 1st
1992 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1992 English Grand Prix, 1st
1993 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1994 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1994 Spanish Grand Prix, 1st
1994 German Grand Prix, 1st
1994 English Grand Prix, 1st
1995 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1996 Mr. Olympia, 1st
1996 Spanish Grand Prix, 1st
1996 German Grand Prix, 1st
1996 English Grand Prix, 1st
1997 Mr. Olympia, 1st
Official website: www.dorianyates.net

Ronnie Dean Coleman

Ronnie Dean Coleman (born May 13, 1964) holds the record of eight straight wins as Mr. Olympia, a record career total that he shares with Lee Haney. Alongside his eight Mr. Olympia wins as a professional bodybuilder, Coleman holds the record for most wins as an IFBB professional with 26. He broke the previous record (held by Vince Taylor at 22 wins) in Moscow on November 5, 2004. Ronnie Coleman graduated from Grambling State University (GSU) in 1986 with a BSc in accounting.
While attending Grambling State University, Coleman played football as a middle linebacker with the GSU Tigers under coach Eddie Robinson. After graduation, Coleman became a police officer in Arlington, Texas. He served as an officer from 1989 to 2000 and as a reserve officer until 2003.
Being a police officer allowed Coleman the free time he needed to work out. Coleman’s fellow officer suggested he attend a gym known as Metroflex. The owner of the gym was Brian Dobson, who happen to also be an amateur bodybuilder, offered Coleman a free lifetime membership to Metroflex if he would allow him to train Coleman for the upcoming Mr. Texas bodybuilding competition that year.

After the training for the upcoming event of Mr. Texas, Coleman won first place in both the heavy weight and overall categories. He also defeated the man that trained him, Dobson. Also in 1990 not only did Coleman take the title of Mr. Texas but he also took titles in that years National Physique Committee (NPC) Texas Championships.
In 1991 Coleman also won what is probably considered one of the most prestigious competitions in amateur bodybuilding, Mr. Universe. This victory qualified him to enter the professional contest sponsored by the IFBB, the sport’s largest sanctioning body.

Ronald Dean Coleman was born in Monroe, Louisiana, USA on May 13th 1964. Nicknamed “Big Ron” he is well known for his eight-time Mr. Olympia title, winning the contest consecutively from 1998 to 2005. He also holds the record for the most wins as a professional IFBB Bodybuilder.
In his younger years he attended Grambling State University in Louisiana and graduated with a degree in accounting. During his time at the Grambling State University he also played as a middle linebacker for the school’s football team the GSU Tigers coached by the well known Eddie Robinson.

After his graduation Coleman became a Police officer. One of his fellow officers recommended him to join the local gym known as Metroflex. Brian Dobson was the gym owner and offered Coleman a free lifetime membership if he allowed him to train him up for the upcoming contest Mr. Texas.

Coleman went on to win the Mr. Texas title along with several other wins including NPC Texas Championships and in 1991 he took the Mr. Universe title which qualified him to enter professional contest’s sponsored by the IFBB.
Coleman won his first profesional competition in 1995 at The Canada Pro Cup. The following year he won the contest again. Followed by a another first place win in 1997 for The Russian Grand Prix. Coleman went on to win many professional titles including eight straight Mr. Olympia titles.
Coleman’s approach to both his diet for training and his workout routine is ordered and logical based upon first “what he has been taught” then modified to work for “what really works”. Good muscle genetics alone cannot account for an athlete like Ronnie Coleman’s successes. His routines are adjusted to keep him in shape, increase his density and definition and that iron will keeps it all on track.
In addition to his competition successes Ronnie Coleman recently launched his own product line called Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. Products include Myo-Blitz, Ressurect-PM, Testogen-XR, and Pro-Antium.
Bodybuilding titles
1990 Mr. Texas (Heavyweight & Overall)
1991 World Amateur Championships (Heavyweight)
1995 Canada Pro Cup
1996 Canada Pro Cup
1997 Grand Prix Russia
1998 Night of Champions
1998 Toronto Pro Invitational
1998 Mr. Olympia
1998 Grand Prix Finland
1998 Grand Prix Germany
1999 Mr. Olympia
1999 World Pro Championships
1999 Grand Prix England
2000 Mr. Brody Langley
2000 Grand Prix England
2000 World Pro Championships
2000 Mr. Olympia
2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic
2001 Mr. Olympia
2001 New Zealand Grand Prix
2002 Mr. Olympia
2002 Grand Prix Holland
2003 Mr. Olympia
2003 Grand Prix Russia
2004 Mr. Olympia
2004 Grand Prix England
2004 Grand Prix Holland
2004 Grand Prix Russia
2005 Mr. Olympia
2006 Grand Prix Austria – IFBB, 2nd
2006 Grand Prix Holland – IFBB, 2nd
2006 Grand Prix Romania – IFBB, 2nd
2006 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, 2nd
2007 Mr. Olympia – IFBB, 4th

Official website: www.bigroncoleman.com
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Coleman

Jay Cutler

Jay Cutler (born Jason Isaac Cutler August 3, 1973 in Sterling, Massachusetts). He has won the title Mr. Olympia four times. Cutler started working in his family’s concrete construction business, Cutler Bros Concrete, at the age of 11, and started training when he was 18 years old as a senior at Wachusett Regional High School. He graduated from Quinsigamond Community College in 1993 with a degree in criminal justice with the intent to work as a Corrections Officer for a maximum security prison. He was inspired to enter bodybuilding after meeting personal trainer Marcos Rodriguez.

Cutler excelled in bodybuilding, and took his first overall win in 1993 at the Iron Bodies Invitational. His first contest was the 1992 Gold’s Gym Worcester Bodybuilding Championships, at which he took second place. He won consecutive Arnold Classic titles in 2002, 2003, and 2004, and placed 2nd to Ronnie Coleman in the Mr. Olympia four times before claiming the title in 2006.

In 2001, at the Mr. Olympia he tested positive for banned diuretics. He hired an attorney, went to court, and got his second-place finish back. Cutler won the Olympia for a second consecutive year in 2007. Jay Cutler became the third Mr. Olympia in history (along with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Franco Columbu) to win the title in non-consecutive years, and, defeating the reigning champion Dexter Jackson in 2009, became the only Mr. Olympia in history to reclaim the title after having competed as title-holder and not won.

In 2010, he won his fourth Olympia title, defeating Phil Heath. In 2011, Cutler was runner-up to Heath in the Mr. Olympia.
Personal
Cutler has been featured on the cover of several fitness magazines such as Muscle and Fitness and Muscular Development. He currently lives in Las Vegas and trains at several Gold’s Gym locations in the area.
Statistics
Height: 5’9″
Thighs: 32 inches (81 cm)
Calves: 19 inches (48 cm)
Arms: 22.5 inches (57 cm)
Waist: 34 inches (86 cm)
Chest: 58 inches (150 cm)

Bodybuilding titles
1993 NPC Iron Bodies Invitational – Teenage & Men’s Middleweight
1993 NPC Teen Nationals – Middleweight
1995 NPC U.S. Tournament of Champions – Men’s Middleweight and Overall
2000 IFBB Night of Champions
2002 Arnold Classic
2003 Arnold Classic
2003 Ironman Pro Invitational
2003 San Francisco Pro Invitational
2003 Dutch Grand Prix
2003 British Grand Prix
2004 Arnold Classic
2006 Austrian Grand Prix
2006 Romanian Grand Prix
2006 Dutch Grand Prix
2006 Mr. Olympia
2007 Mr. Olympia
2009 Mr. Olympia
2010 Mr. Olympia
Competitive placings
1992 Gold Gym Worcester Bodybuilding Championships – 2nd
1996 NPC Nationals, 2nd place Light Heavyweight (earned IFBB pro card)
1998 IFBB Night of Champions – 11th
1999 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic – 4th
1999 IFBB Ironman Pro Invitational – 3rd
1999 Mr. Olympia – 14th
2000 English Grand Prix – 2nd
2000 Joe Weider’s World Pro Cup – 2nd
2000 Mr. Olympia – 8th
2001 Mr. Olympia – 2nd
2003 Mr. Olympia – 2nd
2003 Russian Grand Prix – 2nd
2003 GNC Show of Strength – 2nd
2004 Mr. Olympia – 2nd
2005 Mr. Olympia – 2nd
2006 Mr. Olympia – 1st
2007 Mr. Olympia – 1st
2008 Mr. Olympia – 2nd
2009 Mr. Olympia – 1st
2010 Mr. Olympia – 1st
2011 Mr. Olympia – 2nd
2011 Sheru Classic – 2nd
2013 Mr. Olympia – 6th
DVDs
Jay Cutler – A Cut Above (Filmed in 1999, released in 2002)
Jay Cutler – New Improved and Beyond (2004)
Jay Cutler – Ripped to Shreds (2005)
Jay Cutler – One Step Closer (2006)
Jay Cutler – From Jay To Z (2007)
Jay Cutler – My House (2007)
Jay Cutler – All Access (2008)
Jay Cutler – Undisputed (2010)
Jay Cutler – The Ultimate Beef: A Massive Life in Bodybuilding (2010)
Jay Cutler – King (2011)
Books
CEO MUSCLE – Jay Cutler’s No Nonsense Guide To Successful Bodybuilding
Official website: jaycutler.com
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Cutler_(bodybuilder)

Dexter “The Blade” Jackson

Dexter “The Blade” Jackson (born November 25, 1969) he is the winner of the 2008 Mr. Olympia and lives in Jacksonville, Florida. Dexter’s first NPC (National Physique Committee) competition was the NPC Southern States Championship of 1992, where he took 3rd. He first competed professionally in the 1999 Arnold Classic, Night of Champions, and Mr. Olympia contests, placing 7th, 3rd, and 9th, respectively.

At the 2007 Mr. Olympia, Jackson placed 3rd and many critics said he would not likely place any higher. On September 27, 2008, he defeated the reigning two-time Mr. Olympia, Jay Cutler to become the 12th man to win the title, and only the second to have won it and the Arnold Classic title in the same year.
Jackson has won the Mr. Olympia title once, sharing this distinction with Chris Dickerson (1982) and Samir Bannout (1983).

2008 was a great year for Jackson, as he won the Arnold Classic, Australian Pro Grand Prix VIII, New Zealand Grand Prix, Russian Grand Prix and the Mr. Olympia. Jackson placed 3rd in the 2009 Mr. Olympia contest.
In 2012, Jackson placed 4th in the Mr. Olympia, then surprised everyone by winning that year’s Masters Olympia at the age of 43 and then won his fourth Arnold Classic title in 2013.
Jackson and Chris Dickerson are the only bodybuilders to win titles in both the Mr. Olympia and Masters Olympia bodybuilding competition.
Jackson has been featured in many fitness and bodybuilding articles, including being pictured on the cover of Muscular Development and Flex magazine. He shot his new documentary DVD titled Dexter Jackson: Unbreakable with filmmaker Alex Ardenti of Ardenti Films in Florida and California which was released in 2009.
Bodybuilding titles
1992 NPC Southern States, Lightweight, 3rd
1995 NPC USA Championships, Light-Heavyweight, 1st
1996 NPC Nationals, Light-Heavyweight, 6th
1998 North American Championships, Light-HeavyWeight, 1st and Overall
1999 Arnold Classic, 7th
1999 Grand Prix England, 4th
1999 Night of Champions, 3rd
1999 Mr. Olympia, 9th
1999 World Pro Championships, 4th
2000 Arnold Classic, 5th
2000 Grand Prix Hungary, 2nd
2000 Ironman Pro Invitational, 3rd
2000 Night of Champions, 8th
2000 Mr. Olympia, 9th
2000 Toronto Pro Invitational, 2nd
2001 Arnold Classic, 5th
2001 Grand Prix Australia, 3rd
2001 Grand Prix England, 4th
2001 Grand Prix Hungary, 3rd
2001 Night of Champions, 2nd
2001 Mr. Olympia, 8th
2001 Toronto Pro Invitational, 2nd
2002 Arnold Classic, 3rd
2002 Grand Prix Australia, 2nd
2002 Grand Prix Austria, 2nd
2002 Grand Prix England, 1st
2002 Grand Prix Holland, 3rd
2002 Mr. Olympia, 4th
2002 San Francisco Pro Invitational, 3rd
2002 Show of Strength Pro Championship, 6th
2003 Arnold Classic, 4th
2003 Maximum Pro Invitational, 3rd
2003 Mr. Olympia, 3rd
2003 San Francisco Pro Invitational, 3rd
2003 Show of Strength Pro Championship, 1st
2004 Arnold Classic, 3rd
2004 Grand Prix Australia, 1st
2004 Ironman Pro Invitational, 1st
2004 Mr. Olympia, 4th
2004 San Francisco Pro Invitational, 1st
2005 Arnold Classic, 1st
2005 San Francisco Pro Invitational, 2nd
2006 Arnold Classic, 1st
2006 Mr. Olympia, 4th
2007 Arnold Classic, 2nd
2007 Mr. Olympia, 3rd
2008 Arnold Classic, 1st
2008 IFBB Australian Pro Grand Prix VIII, 1st
2008 IFBB New Zealand Grand Prix, 1st
2008 IFBB Russian Grand Prix, 1st
2008 Mr. Olympia, 1st
2009 Mr. Olympia, 3rd
2010 Arnold Classic, 4th
2010 IFBB Australian Pro Grand Prix, 2nd
2010 Mr. Olympia, 4th
2011 Flex Pro, 2nd
2011 Mr. Olympia, 6th
2011 FIBO Pro, 1st
2011 Pro Masters World Champion, 1st
2012 Arnold Classic, 5th
2012 Mr. Olympia, 4th
2012 IFBB Masters Olympia, 1st
2013 Arnold Classic, 1st
2013 IFBB Australian Pro Grand Prix, 1st
2013 Mr. Olympia , 5th
2013 IFBB Tijuana Pro Show, 1st

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_Jackson_(bodybuilder)

Phillip “Phil” Jerrod Heath

Phillip “Phil” Jerrod Heath (born December 18, 1979 in Seattle, Washington, he is the current 2x Mr. Olympia.
Phillip Heath grew up in Seattle, WA and attended Rainier Beach High School, where he played guard on the varsity basketball team. One of his former high school teammates, Jamal Crawford, currently plays for the Los Angeles Clippers. Heath attended the University of Denver on a full athletic scholarship. While at Denver, Heath double-majored in IT and Business Administration and played guard for Denver’s Division I basketball team.
It was not until 2002 that Phil Heath pursued bodybuilding. His hard work paid off in 2005 when he won the overall title at the NPC (National Physique Committee) USA Championships, earning the right to compete as an IFBB Pro. “The Gift” immediately made a splash in the IFBB, winning his first two pro events in 2006, The Colorado Pro Championships and The New York Pro Championship.

In 2007, Heath placed fifth at the Arnold Classic, although fans and critics had him as high as third place. Nonetheless, he qualified to compete in the 2007 Mr. Olympia contest. Heath, however, decided not to compete at the contest, stating that he needed more time to improve in order to be competitive.

This proved to be a good decision as Heath ended up winning the 2008 Iron Man show and placed second to Dexter Jackson at the 2008 Arnold Classic. In his 2008 Mr. Olympia debut, Heath finished third, becoming the first rookie to place in the top three since Flex Wheeler in 1993.

A day before the Friday pre-judging for the 2009 Mr. Olympia competition, Phil caught a stomach virus which caused him to come in to the first day 10 pounds lighter than planned. He was a heavy favorite for the 2009 Mr. Olympia title, but ended up taking fifth. In 2010, he took second place at the Mr. Olympia contest when Jay Cutler won his final title.

In 2011, Heath became Mr. Olympia when he defeated Cutler. In 2010, Cutler had a better glute spread than Heath, but in 2011 Heath improved his glute spread, which was the deciding factor for his win. In both 2012 and this year’s Mr Olympia, Heath successfully defended his Mr. Olympia title against Kai Greene, making him a three time Mr Olympia winner. Phil Heath also went on to win the 2013 Arnold Classic Europe.
Heath has been featured in many fitness and magazine articles, including being featured on the cover of FLEX magazine. Heath currently resides in Denver, Colorado, and trains at Armbrust Pro Gym in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. Phil has released four bodybuilding DVDs: “The Gift”, “The Gift Unwrapped”, “Journey to the Olympia” and Becoming Number 13. The latter three films are by Bodybranded Films and director Johnathan McFarlane.

Bodybuilding titles

2003 Northern Colorado State, Novice, Light-Heavyweight 1st and overall
2003 NPC Colorado State, Light-Heavyweight, 1st
2004 NPC Colorado State, Heavyweight, 1st and Overall
2005 NPC Junior Nationals, HeavyWeight, 1st and Overall
2005 NPC USA Championships, HeavyWeight, 1st and Overall
2006 Colorado Pro Championships, 1st
2006 New York Pro Championship, 1st
2006 BBC Classic, 1st
2007 Arnold Classic, 5th
2008 IFBB Iron Man, 1st
2008 Arnold Classic, 2nd
2008 Mr. Olympia, 3rd
2009 Mr. Olympia, 5th
2010 Arnold Classic, 2nd
2010 Mr. Olympia, 2nd
2011 Mr. Olympia, 1st
2011 Sheru Classic, 1st
2012 Mr. Olympia, 1st
2012 Sheru Classic, 1st
2013 Mr. Olympia, 1st
2013 Arnold Classic Europe, 1st

Official website: www.phillipheath.com

Rachel McLish

Rachel McLish was born on June 21, 1958, Harlingen, Texas, USA.
Rachel McLish merits special historical significance in the sport of women’s bodybuilding. This honor comes by virtue of winning the inaugural United States Championships in 1980, as well as that year’s first-ever IFBB Ms. Olympia contest.
These breakthrough victories, together with Rachel’s visual appeal, brought women’s bodybuilding a further rush of media attention, which had been jump-started into action by Lisa Lyon. In a competitive career that spanned only four years, McLish proved a resilient force, winning two IFBB Ms. Olympia crowns (the second in 1982) and never placing lower than third in any contest she entered.
In an unparalleled period of mainstream exposure, Rachel was the center of much attention; the 1985 movie release Pumping Iron II: The Women focused on her participation in the 1983 Caesar’s World Cup.
After finishing third at the 1984 IFBB Ms. Olympia, Rachel retired from competitive bodybuilding, but still enjoyed international exposure as she embarked on a movie career. Even to this day, Rachel McLish is one of bodybuilding’s most recognizable personalities. She currently lives in Palm Springs, California, with her husband, producer Ron Samuels.

Bodybuilding titles

1980 US Bodybuilding Championship – 1st
1980 Frank Zane Invitational – 2nd
1980 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1981 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 2nd
1982 Pro World Championship – 1st
1982 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1983 Caesars World Cup – 3rd
1984 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 2nd

Kike Elomaa was born: July 25, 1956

The significance of Kike Elomaa’s impact on the sport of women’s bodybuilding came by way of a relatively short but critically important career that not only elevated the sport’s popularity in her Finnish homeland, but helped introduce the fledgling activity to the entire European continent.
Stringing together a quartet of contest victories in 1981 that culminated in a win at the IFBB Ms. Olympia, Elomaa accomplished a grand slam of sorts by also winning the Finnish, European and World Games championships, which brought her immediate worldwide recognition.
During her unprecedented sweep, Elomaa defeated the likes of Carla Dunlap at the World Games and Rachel McLish at the IFBB Ms. Olympia. Until 2000, Elomaa was the only non-American to win the coveted IFBB Ms. Olympia title. Following her wildly successful contest campaign in 1981, 5’5” 117-pound Elomaa competed only three more times, placing third at the 1982 IFBB Ms. Olympia and second at the 1983 IFBB Pro Worlds, ending her career stage efforts with a fifth-place finish at the 1983 IFBB Ms. Olympia.
Far more significant than her contest placements were Elomaa’s radiant elegance and unmistakable European class and charm that ignited such notable interest in women’s bodybuilding. Elomaa’s successes in life continued after her competitive bodybuilding days, as she enjoyed a popular singing career in her homeland.
At one point, she was chosen as Finland’s most popular female. A recent recipient of the IFBB’s President’s Gold Medal for her work in supporting the sport of bodybuilding, Elomaa has also lent her name to the successful Kike Elomaa Fitness Championships held annually in Finland.
On 17 April 2011, Elomaa was elected to the Finnish parliament for 2011–2015, representing the True Finns.
Bodybuilding titles

1981 Finnish Championships – 1st
1981 European Championships – 1st
1981 World Games – 1st
1981 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1982 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 3rd
1983 Pro World Championship – 2nd
1983 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 5th

Carla Dunlab was born on October 22, 1954, Newark, New Jersey, USA.

Coming to bodybuilding in 1979 by way of synchronized swimming, Carla placed 5th in the 1979 Best in the World contest held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
By 1981, Dunlap had won the American Women’s Championships, and she successfully defended the title in 1982; that same year she lost the IFBB Ms. Olympia title by just two points to Rachel McLish. In 1983, Dunlap experienced a unique triple-winning run.

She won the IFBB Pro Worlds, followed that up with a stunning win at the IFBB Ms. Olympia and, in December, completed the hat-trick by winning the Caesar’s World Cup.
A leading spokeswoman for bodybuilding over the years, Carla went on to compete in a total of seven IFBB Ms. Olympia contests and, to this day, is the only woman to have competed in the decades of the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s. Carla’s last contest was the 1993 IFBB Ms. International. She remains one of the sport’s most highly respected individuals.
Carla Dunlap, perhaps more than any other, embodied the spirit of what women could accomplish in a sport previously thought of as an exclusively male domain.
Away from the contest stage, Dunlap appeared in the bodybuilding documentaries Women Of Iron (1984, with fellow competitor Deborah Diana) and Pumping Iron II:
The Women (1985). She was selected by ABC to represent women’s bodybuilding in the women’s Superstars competition in 1984, where she finished seventh in a field of eleven competitors. Dunlap was a regular on ESPN’s BodyShaping series from 1990 to 1995.
Bodybuilding titles

1979 IFBB Best In The World – 5th
1980 AAU Ms. America #1 – 1st
1980 Eastern Cup – 1st
1980 Ms. Atlantic Shore – 2nd
1980 Bodybuilding Expo I – 1st
1980 NPC USA Championship – 9th
1980 NPC Nationals – 3rd
1981 World Games I – 4th (HW)
1981 NPC USA Championship – 2nd (HW)
1981 NPC Nationals – 1st (HW and Overall)
1981 Pro World Championship – 4th
1981 Night of Champions – 1st
1982 Super Bowl of Bodybuilding I – 1st
1982 AFWB American Championships – 1st (HW and Overall)
1982 Swedish Grand Prix – 1st
1982 NPC USA Championship – 2nd (HW)
1982 NPC Nationals – 1st (HW and Overall)
1982 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 2nd
1982 Pro World Championship – 1st
1983 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1983 IFBB Caesars World Cup (Grand Prix Las Vegas) – 1st
1984 Pro World Championship – 2nd
1984 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 4th
1985 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 4th
1986 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 9th
1987 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 12th
1988 Pro World Championship – 10th
1988 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 9th (originally 10th)
1993 Ms. International – 13th
Official website: carladunlap.com

Cory Everson was born January 4, 1959, Racine, Wisconsin, USA.

During a competitive career that spanned the 1980s, Cory Everson was the prime force in women’s bodybuilding – both in terms of contest results and as a spokesperson for presenting the sport to a wider public.
An outstanding track and field athlete while attending the University of Wisconsin, Cory entered her first bodybuilding contest in 1980. Her stunning breakthrough year was 1984, when she won the National Physique Committee Nationals heavyweight and overall titles; weeks later, she won the IFBB Ms. Olympia crown, toppling reigning champion Carla Dunlap and two-time champ Rachel McLish in the process.

From then on and until she closed out her competitive career in 1989, Cory Everson won six consecutive IFBB Ms. Olympia titles (she is unique among Ms. Olympia’s in that she never lost an Olympia contest).

Cory was the sport’s most popular female during her reign, and she attracted tremendous media interest internationally as well as in the United States.
After retiring from competition, Everson began acting. Her first major movie appearance was in Double Impact (1991) alongside Jean-Claude Van Damme. In it she plays Kara, a bone-crushing assassin to the main badguy.[11] This involves a number of impressive fight scenes.
She took a minor role in Natural Born Killers (1994). Then in Ballistic (1995), (known in some countries as Fist of Justice) she reprised the evil musclewoman role with bravado. However she loses the final epic fight to Marjean Holden playing an undercover cop.

Everson has made a number of TV guest appearances, most notably playing Atalanta on Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. In 1991 Everson appeared on To Tell The Truth Game Show. Everson was the original host of the fitness show BodyShaping, which she also produced. She also hosted her own exercise show on ESPN, Cory Everson’s Gotta Sweat, for seven years.
In January 1999, Everson was inducted into the IFBB Hall of Fame, as part of the inaugural group. She was inducted into the Muscle Beach Venice Body Building Hall of Fame on September 5, 2005.

At the 2007 Arnold Classic she became the first woman to be presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2008, Everson was inducted into the National Fitness Hall of Fame.
Bodybuilding titles
1980 Ms. Mid America – 1st (Tall and Overall)
1980 American Couples – 3rd
1981 Ms. Midwest Open – 1st (Tall & Overall)
1981 Ms. Central USA – 1st (HW and Overall)
1981 Couples America – 1st
1981 American Championships – 11th (MW)
1982 Ms. East Coast – 1st (MW)
1982 Bodybuilding Expo III – 2nd (MW)
1982 Bodybuilding Expo Couples – 2nd
1982 AFWB American Championships – 5th (HW)
1982 IFBB North American – 1st (MW and Overall)
1982 IFBB North American Mixed Pairs – 1st
1983 Bodybuilding Expo IV – 1st (MW and Overall)
1983 Bodybuilding Expo Mixed Pairs – 1st
1983 U.S. Bodybuilding Championships Couples – 1st
1983 AFWB American Championships – 8th (HW)
1983 NPC Nationals – 2nd (HW)
1984 American Women’s Championships – 1st (HW and Overall)
1984 NPC Nationals – 1st (HW and Overall)
1984 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1985 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1986 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1987 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1988 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1989 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st

Lenda Murray was born on February 22, 1962 she is a champion female bodybuilder from the United States. She is an eight-time winner of the Ms. Olympia title, the highest achievement in professional female bodybuilding.

Murray was born in 1962 in Detroit, Michigan. At Henry Ford High School, Murray was both a record-holding sprinter and varsity cheerleader. She went on to attend Western Michigan University, earning a degree in political science. While at Western Michigan, she continued to cheerlead, and became the second African American to be chosen as the university’s homecoming queen in 1982 (Todd, 1999).
After a brief tenure cheerleading for the Michigan Panthers in the now-defunct United States Football League, Murray took to the bodybuilding stage in 1985. She rose quickly through the ranks, soon winning contests at the state and regional levels.
In 1989, she earned her professional status at the IFBB North American Championships. Murray soon became a regular presence in bodybuilding magazines and a favorite subject of photographer Bill Dobbins who focused extensively on her in his books The Women and Modern Amazons.

On November 24, 1990, Murray succeeded six-time champion Cory Everson to become Ms. Olympia, a title Murray would hold for most of the following decade. She appeared in such mass-market publications as Sports Illustrated, Ebony, Mademoiselle, and Vanity Fair, as well as in Annie Leibovitz’s photo essay Women. Murray’s physique became the standard against which professional female bodybuilders are now judged – an hourglass figure, with broad shoulders tapering into a V-shaped torso mirrored by a proportionally-developed lower body.

Murray lost the Ms. Olympia title to Kim Chizevsky in 1996, and went into retirement after finishing second to Chizevsky again in 1997. However, after four years of retirement she returned to the Ms. Olympia stage, and won two more Ms. Olympia titles in 2002 and 2003.
She finished second in the heavyweight class to Iris Kyle in 2004, and again retired from competition. Her eight titles ties her with Iris Kyle (2004,2006-2012), Lee Haney (Mr. Olympia 1984-1991), and Ronnie Coleman (Mr. Olympia 1998-2005) for the most Olympia bodybuilding titles.
Murray has done commentary for bodybuilding events on ESPN. Lenda Murray also has done many videos to help others in their pursuit of fitness. Murray was inducted into the 2010 IFBB Hall of Fame.

Bodybuilding titles
1985 NPC Michigan State – 4th
1985 NPC Eastern Michigan – 1st
1986 NPC Michigan – 3rd
1986 NPC Ironwoman Michigan – 3rd
1987 NPC Michigan – 3rd
1987 NPC North Coast – 2nd
1988 NPC Michigan – 1st
1989 NPC Junior Nationals – 1st (HW and Overall)
1989 IFBB North American Championships – 1st (HW and Overall)
1990 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1991 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1992 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1993 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1994 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1995 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1996 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 2nd
1997 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 2nd
2002 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st (HW and Overall)
2003 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st (HW and Overall)
2004 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 2nd (HW)

Kim Chizevsky was born on April 23, 1968, she is an American professional female bodybuilding champion, and fitness and figure competitor.

Chizevsky was born in 1968 in Mattoon, Illinois, and was raised in Decatur. Chizevsky was a multi-sport star in high school. In addition to participating in volleyball, basketball, and cheerleading, she ran the 100, 400, 800 relay, and mile relay, threw the shot and discus, and did the long jump. She then attended Southern Illinois University, where she studied to be a paralegal. While in college, she joined the dance squad and participated in aerobics. After a couple years of dance and aerobics, a friend convinced her to try bodybuilding.
Despite no training, diet, or preparation, she finished second in her first show, the 1989 NPC Tri-State, competing at 121 pounds (55 kg). Chizevsky earned her pro card by winning the 1992 IFBB North American Championship, competing at 147 pounds (67 kg).
She had moderate success in her first few years of pro competition, including winning the 1993 Ms. International, but the Ms. Olympia title eluded her. Chizevsky finally unseated six-time defending champion Lenda Murray in 1996, and started a four year reign of her own.
Over the years she continued to gradually add size to her 5-foot-8-inch (1.73 m) frame; at the 1997 Ms. Olympia, she competed at 157 pounds (71 kg). Chizevsky decided to retire from bodybuilding after winning the 1999 Ms. Olympia. According to Bill Dobbins she retired due to gender discrimination guidelines set up by the IFBB that advocated for more “femininity” and less “muscularity” in the sport.
She gave up much of her muscle gains and began competing in fitness and figure competitions in 2001 with only limited success.
Bodybuilding titles

1989 Tri-State Bodybuilding (Illinois) – 2nd (LHW)
1989 AAU Illinois – 1st
1989 AAU Central USA – 2nd
1990 NPC Tri-State – 1st (HW)
1990 AAU Southern Illinois – 1st
1990 AAU Illinois – 1st
1990 AAU Central USA – 1st
1991 NPC Continental USA – 1st
1991 MPC Midwest Grand Prix – 1st
1992 NPC Junior Nationals – 1st (HW and overall)
1992 IFBB North American Championships – 1st (Overall winner)
1992 IFBB North American Championships – 1st (HW)
1993 IFBB Ms. International – 1st
1993 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 5th
1994 IFBB Ms. International – 5th
1995 IFBB Ms. International – 2nd
1995 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 2nd
1996 IFBB Ms. International – 1st
1996 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1997 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1998 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
1999 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Chizevsky