• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Online dating figures reveal Gold Coast and Brisbane men like girls with curves

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
CURVY girls are more likely to find a partner in Brisbane or on the Gold Coast than anywhere in Australia, a survey has found. Trends in Queensland show a rise in popularity of the Rubenesque body shape among online daters.
“You define your own beauty. Size does not matter,’’ single sales assistant Simone Frysteen, 23, said. “I’m happy in my own skin. I feel healthy.’’
Fashion houses and Hollywood are under pressure to promote better self-image for women with a healthier body size, the part-time model said.

Singer Adele, chef Nigella Lawson, actress Christina Hendricks, siren Beyonce and model Kim Kardashian are some high-profile celebrities who identify as curvaceous in a world where big is beautiful too.

Joanna Barber, of online dating agency Are You Interested (ayi.com) said Brisbane was the sexiest city for curvy girls in all of Australia.
Women who identify as “slender” or “athletic” were still the most likely to be approached by a man online, she said.
But there has been a significant rise in demand for curvy girls in Queensland’s southeast compared to the rest of Australia.
One in every seven men in Brisbane and the Gold Coast are clicking “yes” for plus-size sorts.
The data is based on 15,000 online interactions between heterosexual men and women over a 30-day period.
Brisbane and the Glitter Strip’s top rating in a preference for plus-sizes was followed by Adelaide, Melbourne and Canberra.
It was almost 457 per cent higher than skinny-obsessed Newcastle which rated the lowest of all cities.
In the United States, a teenager has launched a petition for Disney to create a “plus-sized princess’’.
Under the title “Every Body is Beautiful’’, the 15-year-old said it was up to Disney to show “beauty comes in all shapes and sizes’’.
The news comes with Queensland in the grip of a man-drought in the typical dating age bracket of 18-35 years, in places such as Cairns, Rockhampton and Toowoomba.
Ms Barber has a few dating tips for women of any body type if they want to get more matches and communicate with more men: Online data shows the top six leisure interests for a Queensland bloke include, in this order, AFL; beer; rugby union; Brisbane Lions; Queensland Reds and XXXX Gold.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...irls-with-curves/story-fnihsrf2-1226855779513

Overweight people saying "I feel healthy." is like anorexic people saying "I feel fat." It doesn't make it so.

It's certainly getting easier to be healthier than average though.