• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Go pro help needed - playing back on laptop

jimmy

Trying to play back a go pro video on a laptop that has windows xp on it, when I plug the go pro in (via USB cable) I go into the DCIM folder, then into 100GOPRO folder, then into the file (GOPRO134) mp4 file, and the it comes up with 'windows cannot open this file, to open this file windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically , or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer'
im then selecting 'windows media player' from the list and it them says 'windows media player cannot play the file. The player might not support the codec that was used to compress the file'
- do I need a different version of windows or windows media player?
gopro is a HD hero 960 version.
-plugged into my desktop via USB and it plays fine.
any suggestions?

you will need mp4 codecs windows doesn't install them as they aren't a Microsoft product

Just download VLC player like Graeme suggested. It will play everything, may have to right click on the file and select 'open with' and choose VLC player if it doesn't make it a default player