• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My 2014 Crossfit open Log

ride29er

Confused Kunce
Ok I know how much you guys love crossfit, so thought I would do A log on this years crossfit Open which starts tomorrow, this will be my first year doing the opens they are the first stage of qualifying for the crossfit games, basically over 5 weeks they post a workout each friday at 11am in the morning and you have until monday morning to post your results, at the end of the 5 weeks the top handful get picked for regionals than top 3 from there go to the games, in order to qualify for regionals all workouts must be video'd and done in front of a qualified judge, this is new this year as apparently there were some cheaters in previous years, I have no expectations to qualify for regionals, im simply doing it for shits and giggles and hopefully come top couple amongst my gym, ill prob do each workout twice(unless I nail it first go or it just plain sucks) ill post the workout tomorrow morning and let ya know how I go,

2u6a2e8a.jpg

Stay tuned first workout at 11 this morning, hopefully something heavy with burpees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wondered how they narrowed the field down from 100,000+ to a few 1,000 for regionals
never really occurred to me they'd do it in this manner

No Kipping was had today, lol as many rounds as possible of 30 double unders and 15 ground to overhead at 35kg(snatch being the quickest) I got through to 9 double unders on the 7th round, all my double unders were unbroken, snatch was broken into 8/7 I had 3 missed reps with my snatch due to not locking out, so might have another go on Sunday , I think those 3 reps would be worth at least 10 double unders, very tough workout on the lungs

Good log mate, I had a crack this morning. I got 30 double unders and 4 reps into the 5th round. I kept tripping up on the double unders, doesn't normally happen, and snatches were broken up. This was after 7 days of bourbon for dinner and coco pops for breakfast during my last week at work with no training :)

I'm having another go tomorrow, I think I can do better, it's a lot tougher than it looks on paper

Good log mate, I had a crack this morning. I got 30 double unders and 4 reps into the 5th round. I kept tripping up on the double unders, doesn't normally happen, and snatches were broken up. This was after 7 days of bourbon for dinner and coco pops for breakfast during my last week at work with no training :)

Rest up and go again Monday

going back in again in an hour to have another dig, as I am pretty happy with fridays score im going to hit it hard and hopefully get some good improvements,
my score was 279, Rich Froning got 444 but has been beaten by Drew Shamblin who finished 10 rounds with a total of 450(first male to do that)