• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Great Success

0ni

Registered Rustler
Willem contacted me for training advice and has now made the Dutch IPF national team! Congratulations to Willem. He wrote this up about his experience:

Timeframe: 4 weeks
Achievements

Bench: +7.5kg paused, +10kg TnG
Squat: 3RM from 162.5kg to 170kg
Deadlift: Form improved significantly
Bodyweight: stayed the same
Diet: significantly more energy to train long/recovered abnormally fast due to Alex' dietary advice

Overall experiences:

I approached Alex to help me prepare for a powerlifting meet (which is now off due to federation problems, hence only having worked for four weeks with Alex), having done powerlifitng competitions before but really struggling to gain strength with my own programming skills. Although I achieved significant strength and technique gains, in those four weeks my main 'gains' were mentally. Dealing with Alex' programming forcused mainly on my weak points, both techniqually and psychologically. I was suddenly doings things I never did before and lifting way outside of my comfort zone. I found that I always disregarded volume over intensity and was afraid to push myself to do an extra warm-up set, back-off set or top set. By forcing me to do more volume and address my weak spots more, I experienced a complete change in mindset and mental approach to lifting. The first week was Dante's inferno, the second week was hell, week three was more volume AND more intensity, but suddenly seemed like a walk in the park.

Alex was always reachable for straightforward and fast answers to any questions or form vids. Working with Alex meant experiencing a healthy dose of "harden the fuck up" and some tough loving to boot, which was perfect for me as I am one of those typical "feel sorry for yourself"-lifters. I'd definitely recommend working with Alex' as a competitive, yet still intermediate lifter.

I don't think country of origin matters for online consultation man
But he has a coach assigned to him now he has made the IPF team

No hate here, i put a :p after it. I don't get why anyone hates, but everyones entitled to their opinions. You always seem to have logical ones, even if you don't always put them forth in the best manner ;)

So you're an online trainer now?

Out of curiosity, how much did Willem pay you for 4 weeks of online training? And what services did you provide him?

Is he taking about you 0ni or some other Alex?

If it is you, congratulations. As others have asked, are you an online trainer now? What did you charge? Link to your page? How did this all come about?

I do not charge
There is no money to be made in online coaching

I don't have any page or anything like that, it is people contacting me over facebook or email for my help and me simply giving it
Mainly I like to demonstrate that my training and dieting philosophies work for everyone no matter how old, fat, female or unfortunate they are. All I really ask for is they try their hardest. Most of what I do is simply showing people how hard they can really train. People think they know how to train hard but they are lacking the requisite motivation to require them to train hard and I allow them to realise this

I am working closely with a middle aged lady at the moment and well, that is less than natural. If she can get jacked and swole anyone can. She also cares for her elderly mother and her autistic kid and trains in a home gym

I should rephrase it then, I don't have the time or the marketing skills to make a living from online training

I find it interesting that they choose you over say...anyone else really. What are you doing that makes these people want to contact you over sticky? If you can do what you say can, and people are coming to you with no advertising or anything else, then you should probably be charging something, there is potential there to maybe not make a living, but with a FB page, a bit of a push here and there, you could do alright and be at least making a bit of extra cash for your time.

Also, how do you "show people how hard they can really train" and give them motivation via an online service?

I find it interesting that they choose you over say...anyone else really. What are you doing that makes these people want to contact you over sticky? If you can do what you say can, and people are coming to you with no advertising or anything else, then you should probably be charging something, there is potential there to maybe not make a living, but with a FB page, a bit of a push here and there, you could do alright and be at least making a bit of extra cash for your time.

Also, how do you "show people how hard they can really train" and give them motivation via an online service?

Show them to jump on the gear for a 80+kg bench. Awesome motivation that.

I am guessing this people are coming to you mainly via other forums? Unless you use your personal FB as abit of a training log/advertising what training methods you use/how you can help people?

I agree with [MENTION=15717]High Road[/MENTION]; if you have people contacting you randomly already then maybe creating a FB page and logging your training/clients training/ideas/thoughts on training/diet there and then of course letting people know your willing to train them - you could make $100-$200-$300 a week just simply writing some emails to people....

Most people find out from word of mouth I guess
I put a different spin on my training, more of a life coach than a training coach imo
I honestly believe in training all you need to do is do more lol. Doing more always seems to work

Most people just need to try harder, or just need to want it more. Many people don't really know why they are training they just enjoy it and don't really know why they enjoy it. I use CBT techniques to help people realise their motivations behind there training.
Take wingman on this forum for example... he just didn't want it badly enough. I talk to him all the time on facebook and have been helping him a little lately as well with a few things. He is starting to get back into training after a break.

A lot of trainers seem to like to spread a few myths around. "As a coach I am telling athletes when to stop" I see thrown around a bit lol. Very convenient that you need a coach for that huh. Most people don't need a coach, they just need to be taught to figure it out for themselves