• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Former Biggest Loser contestant Andrew 'Cosi' Costello reveals the truth about the we

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
ANDREW 'Cosi' Costello was a contestant on the Biggest Loser in 2008. As controversy rages over the dramatic weight loss of US contestant Rachel Frederickson, Cosi reveals his experience on the show. Frederickson was crowned the winner of the US version of the show earlier this week after she lost a record-breaking 60 per cent of her total body weight.
Jaws dropped when the 24-year-old unveiled her thin, 105-pound (47kg) frame during the live finale, which aired in the US Tuesday night - a drastic change from when she first appeared weighing 260 pounds (118kg).
Frederickson's 155-pound (71kg) weight loss landed her $250,000 in prize money and also the title of the tiniest US Biggest Loser winner in history.
Today, Cosi writes exclusively for news.com.au about what contestants really have to go through on the hit Channel 10 show:
"The day I flew off to be a contestant on the Biggest Loser, my wife cried at the airport.
I returned more than four months later to discover that she had fallen pregnant the night before I left. So when I got out of the Biggest Loser house, I'd lost a heap of weight and she was carrying a heap more.
Four-and-a-half months is a long time to go without reading a paper, watching TV, driving a car or using money. In fact it's very similar to being in prison, except the inmates are fatter.
When it was the Christmas break, the crew and producers all took 10 days off. Everyone left, everything stopped. So while they enjoyed Christmas with their families, all the contestants sat in the White House with a security guard and supervisor.
We were not allowed to leave the house and we only got five minutes each to call our partners on Christmas Day (we only got to speak to our partners three times during the whole series) It was a very sad and depressing 10 days, but I signed up for the TV show so I can't really complain.

read more
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...weight-loss-show/story-e6frfmq9-1226820498768

That link is getting plastered over their FB page too.

A competitor from Season 4 told me that his weigh-ins were every 14+ days
Clear tape and makeup was used to disguise loose skin at finale.
Dehydrated the hell out of themselves before weigh-ins.
30% of their weight loss is muscle loss (hello loose skin)
The majority of them after finale go back to being morbidly obese again.

The only ones I was really inspired by were
Emma Duncan
Danni Allen
Lydia Handke
The Twins on S4 USA
Tara Costa
Ali Vincent

I dumped 82 kg and 65 kg was in first 6 months @home, a TBL Season is 6 months roughly. The earlier ones were around 5-6 months filming time.

Anybody can do it from home.

Adro Sarnelli hasn't done too bad

He has done well

He's been at it for 8 yrs roughly now

Allot of loose skin had to be removed though and I think he had several surgeries to remove it (arms, chest and tummy tuck)

I think he's around 16% bodyfats now.