• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

anytime fitness

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
so thought i would venture down and check out anytime fitness , just for the convenience of it , every 2nd person i talked to was a member of it , all i can say is what a rip off of a place , and talk about little to no fucking equipment , they can jam that up their clacker

plus it's in a small building ,

no thanks

one in my town , shepparton

i thought surely with the amount of people i talk to that goto that join it must be good , turns out that they all wouldn't know a good gym if it bit them on the arse

typical too, crammed with machines with only a small free weight section

That's usually the way with all these 24/7 gyms around the place. Mostly packed with machines

The one I go to has about 1/3 of the space devoted to free weights. Two squat racks, benches, that hardly get used when I go at off peak time. Every anytime fitness gym is different, they are all franchises so it depends on how well (or how bad) the owner wants to fit it out. Snap and Jetts on the other hand (ex member of both).. what a laugh.. although I heard most of them are now getting squat racks put in too

That's usually the way with all these 24/7 gyms around the place. Mostly packed with machines

My 24/7 gym is a lot better: has several squat racks, several smith machines, a heap of isolation machines, a lot of dumbells, barbells, benches and free floor space and space enough for stretching in peace and a spin room

Yeah, there's a few good ones around but the bulk of them definitely aren't 'serious' gyms. More aimed at the average punter that just wants to lose a few kgs. As said, depends how the owner wants to fit it out

one in my town , shepparton

i thought surely with the amount of people i talk to that goto that join it must be good , turns out that they all wouldn't know a good gym if it bit them on the arse

typical too, crammed with machines with only a small free weight section

I was up in Shepparton late last year... could've invited me over for a coffee ;)

I'm with a 24hr franchise and as mentioned it can vary from gym to gym although I am sure there are some bare minimums the franchise owner would want as a constant at each gym. Mine costs $13 p/w.

Advantages :

Being able to attend any of the other franchise gyms (even o/seas)
24 hour access. Some gyms don't open til 6am etc..

The one I go to is well kitted out (has everything I need anyway) free weights, squat rack etc..

I don't hear good things about most of the anytime's though.

The anytime I train at is pretty big and has I would say more than 1/3 of the space for free weights. For 60 bucks a month it's a great deal plus it's 24/7 plus not full of posers who walk about thinking they are f-ing awesome and wonderful and hard like fitness first and who won't break a sweat.

Is that the place that's unmanned after 6?
I trained in a place like that in Albury, they hang a button around your neck, and say if it all goes terribly wrong for you, press it and help will be sent.....................eventually. :eek:

Anytime trying to open in my area, are facing stiff opposition from Snap fitness who desperately trying to prevent it. It really sucks as the Snap I train at has done very little besides adding a squat rack and a set of 50kg dumbells since they opened about two years ago. It is not like there isn't serious demand in the area for a quality gym.

In my area there is a Jetts (ex ex member), Snap (ex member), Anytime (happy member) all within a 5km radius and now a huge Plus fitness smack bang in the epicentre about to open up. Never heard of this new mob (Plus) before but they must reckon we must all be gym junkies living in these parts lol.

"Plus" is an Aussie brand, they are starting really ramp up their rollouts of new gyms. I believe they have a bit of a Crossfit area in some of their gyms, Stepz is another one which is starting to open a few, Plus is aiming for a few hundred over the next few years so will probably be up there with Snap and Jetts.

Anytime is opening up here in Mackay, they have leased/bought quite a small building near the centre of town, about a block away from a huge City Fitness

"Plus" is an Aussie brand, they are starting really ramp up their rollouts of new gyms. I believe they have a bit of a Crossfit area in some of their gyms, Stepz is another one which is starting to open a few, Plus is aiming for a few hundred over the next few years so will probably be up there with Snap and Jetts.

Not a good time to be a 24hr gym franchisee I don't think! lol