• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Venom Protein Review

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
Received my sample pack of Venom Protein this morning, contains 10 different flavours but for some reason I only got 9 (looks like I missed out on the Watermelon :mad:), and I will be doing a taste review on every one as I try them.

The sample pack cost $20 delivered, and came with a $20 discount voucher for my next order, so I suppose in theory the sample pack is free.

However I feel it's going to be a waste of time as I tested one sample this morning and things were not promising at all.:rolleyes:

This is what came in the mail:

Now I still had a Bulk Nutrients test kit left, so I though I put it to good use, and the results are not looking great…..this is supposed to be black if it is protein powder:mad: :

Last edited:
ok.
Ive heard them advertising on the radio at the moment. 12kgs for $250

4KG WPI + 4KG 'Breakfast Protein' & 4KG 'Night time protein'?

On the surface that sounds good to the average shake drinker, but good to see [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; on the case!

PRODUCT REVIEW : Venom Rocky Road Flavour WPC

OPENING THE BAG : Strong Chemical Smell

CONSUMING IT : Mixed the powder as directed with water, it mixed easily and fast in a standard shaker with minimal effort. Then drank it:eek:, there is only one word I can describe this with…..'Vile', very sweet with a strong chemical after taste that lingers for ages. Now I know taste is subjective so in fairness I decided to get a second opinion, as a result I had the wife try it, she had a smell and said it smelled 'gross' she then reluctantly tried a mouthful and spat it out responding with ,'that is disgusting.' then proceeded to wash her mouth out to get rid of the taste.

I did not even bother finishing the 250ml shake and tipped the rest down the sink.

PRODUCT REVIEW : Venom Vanilla Flavour WPC

OPENING THE BAG : Nice vanilla smell, quite pleasant.

CONSUMING IT : Mixed the powder as directed with water, it mixed easily and fast in a standard shaker with minimal effort. Then drank it, well the vanilla taste was quite nice, tasted like vanilla, was sweet but not over powdering, still has the bad chemical after taste. Texture was good.

Gave some to the wife for a second opinion her response was, 'not bad, but still has that horrible after taste'

I did drink the whole shake, would not be buying it based on the flavour, and still waiting for lab tests to come back, for protein contend

PRODUCT REVIEW : Venom Cookies and Cream Flavour WPC

OPENING THE BAG :Smells nothing like Cookies and Cream, just has a pleasant sweet smell, like sweet milk.

CONSUMING IT : Mixed the powder as directed with water, it mixed easily and fast in a standard shaker with minimal effort. Then drank it, Tastes like sweet milk, does not even have a hint of Cookies and Cream flavour, still has the bad chemical after taste. Texture was good.

Gave some to the wife for a second opinion her response was, 'ok, but not cookies and cream, after taste not as bad as the others, she actually swallowed this one rather than spitting it out.

I did end up tipping it down the sink as I can not stand the chemical taste, would definitely not buy this as a matter of fact if it was given away for free I would not bother taking any of it.

PRODUCT REVIEW : Venom Wild Berry Flavour WPC

OPENING THE BAG : Smelled exactly like bubble gum.

CONSUMING IT : Mixed the powder as directed with water, it mixed easily and fast in a standard shaker with minimal effort. Then drank it, tasted pretty much like it smelled, I think this flavour should be called bubble gum, no berry taste detected no matter how much I tried to use my imagination. Still has the same strong chemical after taste, but I have concluded that this must be the sweetener they use. Offered some to wife for the second opinion and after smelling it she shook her head and said 'No I will throw up"

I again did not even bother finishing the 250ml shake and tipped the rest down the sink.

PRODUCT REVIEW : Venom Natural Flavour WPC

OPENING THE BAG : Smelled exactly like WPC should, compared the texture, colour and taste of the dry powder to BN natural WPC, and they were identical.

CONSUMING IT : Mixed the powder as directed with water, it mixed easily and fast in a standard shaker with minimal effort. Then drank it, tasted like natural WPC does, so no surprises there and all good. No second opinion required, it's just WPC with no flavour.

PRODUCT REVIEW : Venom Butterscotch Flavour WPC

OPENING THE BAG : Smelled somewhat like butterscotch but much sweeter smell

CONSUMING IT : Mixed the powder as directed with water, it mixed easily and fast in a standard shaker with minimal effort. Then drank it, tasted pretty much like it smelled, very chemically sweet with a hint of butterscotch flavour. Wife will no longer play ball and refuses to taste any of them

I again did not even bother finishing the 250ml shake and tipped the rest down the sink.

THE END:eek:

This will be the last review, as seriously they all taste the same, with the exact same chemical taste base, so I just chucked the rest of the samples in the bin as I can no longer be bothered, as obviously the manufacturer has not bothered either to make these even remotely appealing.

Last edited:
ok.
Ive heard them advertising on the radio at the moment. 12kgs for $250

4KG WPI + 4KG 'Breakfast Protein' & 4KG 'Night time protein'?

On the surface that sounds good to the average shake drinker, but good to see [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; on the case!

It Just could not be right at the prices they are selling:

I currently have an offer from them for 8KG of flavoured WPC for $116 delivered, thats $14.50 per kilo delivered:eek:

That's a disappointing Reagents result. The colour is indicative of high carbohydrates in the powder.

Mick, you would need to back this with a lab test for any argument to stick these days.
I always feel you're at a loss when testing samples too as it can always be said there was a problem with the "samples area of the factory" etc and as you did not purchase actual bagged 1 - 20kg items, it can be argued or "guaranteed" that there is no problem with their kg+ bags.

I can send you samples out of kg+ bags as we open them if you like [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; we have 16kg at my place, none of which ill be taking by the look of things.

It Just could not be right at the prices they are selling:

I currently have an offer from them for 8KG of flavoured WPC for $116 delivered, thats $14.50 per kilo delivered:eek:

Did you think the powder was a lot lighter and not as dense as other powders?
That's what I noticed and my reason for being concerned.

That's a disappointing Reagents result. The colour is indicative of high carbohydrates in the powder.

Mick, you would need to back this with a lab test for any argument to stick these days.

Disappointing, however it is what I 100% expected, I had no doubt in my mind that it would fail even when I ordered it, how can they sell protein powder for $14.50 per kilo delivered and it be actual protein powder?

Really I don't care what they say or how they want to argue, I am just sick and tired of these people trying to sell rubbish to customers who are paying good $$ for their product.

I can send you samples out of kg+ bags as we open them if you like [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; we have 16kg at my place, none of which ill be taking by the look of things.

If it seems to be too good to be true it probably is.

Did you think the powder was a lot lighter and not as dense as other powders?
That's what I noticed and my reason for being concerned.

It was fairly light and fluffy

Last edited:
Lets not jump to any conclusions until the lab results come back.

Unfortunate you didn't like the flavors Mick, I seriously cant stop drinking them

Taste is a very personal thing but aye.

Lets not jump to any conclusions until the lab results come back.

Unfortunate you didn't like the flavors Mick, I seriously cant stop drinking them

Taste is a very personal thing but aye.

Only tried the Rocky Road, will be doing the others as I go along.

I realise taste is a personal thing, but seriously that stuff almost made me throw up, I can still taste the after taste and I only had a mouthful and have eaten since I had it. Was just a super sweet chemical cocktail, not sure where rocky road comes into it, tasted nothing like rocky road, just sugary chemicals with bad aftertaste. I will post further reviews as I go, but I am not really sure I want to have any more of the others, but I will persevere and mix them and see how they go over the next few days.

Well initial testing came up the same as No Bull Protein, so no jumping required, the conclusions are there already, will be good to see the lab tests, but I am not expecting much.

Again can they really be selling protein powder at under $15 per kilo delivered, when BN sell for double the price:confused:

Only tried the Rocky Road, will be doing the others as I go along.

Well initial testing came up the same as No Bull Protein, so no jumping required, the conclusions are there already, will be good to see the lab tests, but I am not expecting much.

Again can they really be selling protein powder at under $15 per kilo delivered, when BN sell for double the price:confused:

I will be really pissed off if these come back under par, I even emailed venom and got them to confirm there WPI %, they responded

Natural = 92.9g per 100g
Flavoured = 87.8g per 100g

If its anything less then il have to take some action for sure.

I will be really pissed off if these come back under par, I even emailed venom and got them to confirm there WPI %, they responded

Natural = 92.9g per 100g

Mate I am still pissed off with NB, but I got most of my money back in the end.

I seriously don't like your chances of a good return looking at the test kit results and the price of the stuff.

How many flavours did you send for testing??

Mate I am still pissed off with NB, but I got most of my money back in the end.

I seriously don't like your chances of a good return looking at the test kit results and the price of the stuff.

How many flavours did you send for testing??

4 flavours, though they all have the same expiry date so i assume same batch.

Il be happy to purchase again and re test another batch, after all il be asking for my money back if its rubbish.

Its not even all about the money, we train hard, Eat right and think we are doing the right thing using these powders, Feel good at the end of the day ect.

All to find out you have been drinking nothing but chemically filled watered down milk powder.

Its not even all about the money, we train hard, Eat right and think we are doing the right thing using these powders, Feel good at the end of the day ect.

THIS^^^^^^^

At the time when I discovered NB issues I was using the shakes as part of my low carb diet, and was wondering why the results were not forth coming….well having two shakes a day blew out my daily carb intake, so all the time and effort spend on a strict diet were wasted with the shakes:mad:

PRODUCT REVIEW : Venom Vanilla Flavour WPC

OPENING THE BAG : Nice vanilla smell, quite pleasant.

CONSUMING IT : Mixed the powder as directed with water, it mixed easily and fast in a standard shaker with minimal effort. Then drank it, well the vanilla taste was quite nice, tasted like vanilla, was sweet but not over powdering, still has the bad chemical after taste. Texture was good.

Gave some to the wife for a second opinion her response was, 'not bad, but still has that horrible after taste'

I did drink the whole shake, would not be buying it based on the flavour, and still waiting for lab tests to come back, for protein contend

Natural = 92.9g per 100g

the WPI might be that content before they water it down :D

so... do you get $14.50 worth of protein per kg??

Shit, I just got my $20 sample bag delivered at my doorstep today. Not sure if I wanna open it...

Please post reviews of what you think about the flavours, as I am staring to think my taste buds are just too fussy.