• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Workplaces need to shape up (link to brisbane times paper)

taurus

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...op-obesity-health-officer-20140115-30v7s.html

what a joke!!!

Why should an employer be at fault for having fat/unfit employees?
Does he pack their lunch for them? Does he order their fast food at night?

Does he make them sit infront of the TV/computer for hours at night?
Seriously???

Why dont they just make their own healthy lunches, go for a walk/run a few times a week, without blaming thier job/boss for being overweight.

Larger-scale changes included installing shower and locker facilities to encourage people to run or ride to work.
makes sense to me , to provide showers and lockers, saves have to put up with the bo stench in the workplace

the other points aren't upto the workplace to provide , but they mention drinking fountains, every workplace i have seen has neverfail water bottles

makes sense to me , to provide showers and lockers, saves have to put up with the bo stench in the workplace

the other points aren't upto the workplace to provide , but they mention drinking fountains, every workplace i have seen has neverfail water bottles

not us, just a filtered tap
but then again work supplies friday 4pm beers/cider/mead/wine (student interns job to come around take your order and deliver from fridge to your desk)

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...op-obesity-health-officer-20140115-30v7s.html

what a joke!!!

Why should an employer be at fault for having fat/unfit employees?
Does he pack their lunch for them? Does he order their fast food at night?

Does he make them sit infront of the TV/computer for hours at night?
Seriously???

Why dont they just make their own healthy lunches, go for a walk/run a few times a week, without blaming thier job/boss for being overweight.

Yeah what a joke.

What's the boss supposed to do. Check everyone's lunches for the day. Ask them what they had for breakfast.

The "Curvy" era.

65%, and those stats will climb

The majority of overweight will be obese

And the normal weight range allot of them will become overweight

It's good business for the fancy ab machines & magic pill companies though

Everyone IMO is missing the point, and nothing will change.

95% of us here on this forum know that the only true way to be fit and healthy is to eat well and exercise hard with a barbell a few times a week, take up a sport, kick the footy with kids and such, the concept is stupidly simple and safe and cheap.

in the fitness industry, we have and have had come and go; aerobics, spinning, kettlebells, fit-balls, plyometrics, cross-fit, powerlifting and all sorts of many other stupidities that has given the *art* of barbell exercise a bad name.

Everyone IMO is missing the point, and nothing will change.

95% of us here on this forum know that the only true way to be fit and healthy is to eat well and exercise hard with a barbell a few times a week, take up a sport, kick the footy with kids and such, the concept is stupidly simple and safe and cheap.

in the fitness industry, we have and have had come and go; aerobics, spinning, kettlebells, fit-balls, plyometrics, cross-fit, powerlifting and all sorts of many other stupidities that has given the *art* of barbell exercise a bad name.

People want the one magic diet, exercise or pill that's going to make them healthy. Simple just doesn't cut it.

My work has all those things..
showers, lockers, bike racks, filtered water, no vending machine etc.

Heaps of fatties here.

For those that want to ride to work it's great.
doesn't mean the people who actually should lose weight are making use of it.

People want the one magic diet, exercise or pill that's going to make them healthy. Simple just doesn't cut it.

Most people beleieve there is a magic pill, through ignorance. And the supposed experts, know they can't sell simple and package it up and keep re-packaging to make it look; cutting edge exciting, fun and social.

My work has all those things..
showers, lockers, bike racks, filtered water, no vending machine etc.

Heaps of fatties here.

For those that want to ride to work it's great.
doesn't mean the people who actually should lose weight are making use of it.

This "riding to work" has just added a long list of stupidities, one is reducing car lanes in the CBD to accomodate bike lanes.

I like bike riding, it's ok fun, but cars and bikes don't mix, although the bike industry are loving it.

This "riding to work" has just added a long list of stupidities, one is reducing car lanes in the CBD to accomodate bike lanes.

I like bike riding, it's ok fun, but cars and bikes don't mix, although the bike industry are loving it.

please don't turn this into a bike vs car debate ,start a new thread if you want that

Promoting health an fitness in the workplace is not a bad idea, healthy employees are less like to take time off, can be more productive and can be happier in their personal life.
This type of awareness can be beneficial for all, but I don't believe companies are " responsible" for someone's lifestyle choices, but be good if they promoted it.