• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What gym equipment do you wish your gym had?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
This is mainly out of curiosity What do you as gym goers wish your had equipment wise? Whats your favorite equipment at your gym? And finally what equipment does your gym have that you find useless?

Wish my gym had a squat rack, power rack or even a bench press for Olympic bar. All they have is a smith machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the gym at work which I mainly us for the Pilates classes they have. It did encourage me to setup the garage which is where I do most of my weight work now.

Given the work gym weights area is setup in about the space of a double garage it's not to bad but would be infinitely better with a power rack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glute Ham Raise and more racks.

An olympic bench or a better FID bench. Currently its a matter of wheeling a FID bench over to a power rack. The benches they have are garbage, and a couple of inches thinner than comp benches.

Last edited:
Nothing major, but it would be nice to have:

- dedicated seated cable row (when they renovated they got rid of their old cybex equipment)
- seated calf raise (plates)
- one of those apparatuses for hyperextensions

(Fitness First by the way)

A proper V Tricep pushdown bar
A decent leg press machine (not the 45)
A standing calf raise machine
A seated leg curl machine
Some Hammer Strength equipment
Another Squat rack

Nothing missing, just need more of the free weights, racks, benches and dumbbells.
Tooooooooo many kunce in my gym.

They do have a couple weird, useless tricep machines there, can't even fit into them.

- One of those back pullover machines (Ive posted that before - only ever found 1 gym with one of these)

- Seated Tricep dip machine (only ever found 2 gyms with these and they are prob the best tricep exercise ive done)

We have this contraption in the corner that no one uses, totally useless.
It's like a multi exercise cross over cable station, with 2 adjustable arms, pulley at the end of each arm and pin loaded.
Cos the arms are so long and adjustable in every direction they just flex and the movement is bouncy and not smooth at all, totally useless, the engineer underrated it big time.
Has some funny pictures of 30 odd exercises it can be used for and comes with ankle straps so you can do glutes and side leg raises, thing's a joke, should be in metal recycling bin, not a gym.

We more of less have everything. Except monolift. Though thats on its way in the coming month or so. :)

Tim.

Warrior performance in caringbah.
Until two weeks ago I was training out of PTC sydney.

Closer to home now. :)

Tim.